Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
4
5
6
  1. #101
    Over 9000!
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    9,354
    Just thought I'd add Sweden into this, SCB always report quarterly reports some 60 days later.


    Sluggish Swedish economy still beats growth forecasts


    By Charles Duxbury

    STOCKHOLM--Swedish economic output growth slowed in the third quarter amid a drop in exports, official data showed Thursday, but the slowdown was slightly less abrupt than economists had expected.

    The economy expanded 0.5% compared with the previous quarter and 0.7% from the same period a year earlier, Sweden's statistics office said. Economists polled by Dow Jones Newswires had expected quarterly growth of 0.2% and annual growth of 0.5%.

    In the second quarter, the Swedish economy expanded 0.7% from the preceding quarter and grew 1.3% from a year earlier.

    The gross domestic product data gave a small boost to the Swedish krona which strengthened to SEK8.5963 to the euro from SEK8.6146 before the numbers were released.

    The statistics agency said that, amongst other things, household consumption expenditures grew by 1.3% while exports fell by 2.3%.

    About half of Swedish gross domestic product comes from exports and some 35% of goods shipped from the Nordic state go to the troubled euro zone. As the bloc struggles to get to grips with some crushing debt, its demand for imports from Sweden has fallen.

    Sweden's central bank is widely expected to cut its benchmark interest in December to give the economy a lift. The Riksbank expects growth for 2012 as a whole to slow to 0.8% from 3.9% in 2011.

    Sweden's finance minister recently said his September forecast of 1.6% growth this year now looks too optimistic.
    Shit like this actually goes through your fucking brain?

  2. #102
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperMechatronGamer View Post
    The economy which saw the biggest fall in the last quarter was the Netherlands - it shrank by 1.1%. Both northern and southern Europe are hurting.
    The only reason the Netherlands isn't doing very well is because we're trying to lower our debt. People have less to spend and thus the economy goes down as well. We wouldn't have so much debt (and thus no reason to lower it on such a short term) if we didn't pay Greece.

    So yeah, Greece is quite directly influencing our economy. Thank you Greece and thank you France for convincing the rest to let Greece join in the first place.

    Edit: Besides, it's illegal for EU countries to lend eachother financial aid. But I don't think anyone willing to sue the EU is going to win.
    Last edited by Hardstyler01; 2012-12-01 at 06:59 PM.

  3. #103
    Mr. Hardstyler01 over here needs to take a few courses in economics.

    The rest of us just keeps on going and we'll see where we end up.

  4. #104
    Quote Originally Posted by Yrrildur View Post
    Mr. Hardstyler01 over here needs to take a few courses in economics.
    Go ahead and point out where I'm wrong. Or are insults all you got?

  5. #105
    High Overlord Heksar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Finlaaaand!
    Posts
    100
    I hope we (Finland) go back to the old currency.. Much more easier and wouldn't have to worry bout these things!

  6. #106
    Dreadlord Wookeh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    780
    All this "go back to our previous currency" isn't going to help anyone. We have a turd or two in the punchbowl that need to be put in their place but instead we keep on holding their hand and sending them money while they refuse to fix their shit... and when they make a plan, everyone decides to break stuff because hey, that'll fix it!

  7. #107
    Can we stop comparing Norway and the other Scandawegian states to the rest of Europe... You guys have more resources per capita than the rest of Europe...

    Would love to see how Norway coped with a population of 50 million.

    Or how the UK would manage if it only had to look after 40 million, not 70...

    Guess Germany just sails in and disproves that one, but yeah, gets my goat when people tout Norway or Sweden as great economical strategists when they have a fraction of the mouths to feed, but LOTS of country to draw from...
    Quote Originally Posted by Laraven View Post
    When you start icing down your balls to lower your potency, I will start checking my cervix for mucus and taking my temp daily. Deal?

  8. #108
    Over 9000!
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    9,354
    Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    Can we stop comparing Norway and the other Scandawegian states to the rest of Europe... You guys have more resources per capita than the rest of Europe...

    Would love to see how Norway coped with a population of 50 million.

    Or how the UK would manage if it only had to look after 40 million, not 70...

    Guess Germany just sails in and disproves that one, but yeah, gets my goat when people tout Norway or Sweden as great economical strategists when they have a fraction of the mouths to feed, but LOTS of country to draw from...
    Just reporting in. I think we all have an interest in one anothers countries since we all share the same boat so to speak. If we are going down, we are going down together, there is no way around that, some are worse off though. But this wasn't an attempt tout anything.

    Having a larger internal market(numbers of people), does not have to be a negative thing either.
    Shit like this actually goes through your fucking brain?

  9. #109
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackmoves View Post
    Just reporting in. I think we all have an interest in one anothers countries since we all share the same boat so to speak. If we are going down, we are going down together, there is no way around that, some are worse off though. But this wasn't an attempt tout anything.

    Having a larger internal market(numbers of people), does not have to be a negative thing either.
    Absolutely, it just frustrates me when people suggest that adopting thier financial policies would solve any problems. Their financial policies work for them, but that doesn't mean it would work elsewhere
    Quote Originally Posted by Laraven View Post
    When you start icing down your balls to lower your potency, I will start checking my cervix for mucus and taking my temp daily. Deal?

  10. #110
    I wonder how long theyre going to keep dangling Greece along before they finally let go?

  11. #111
    Over 9000!
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    9,354
    Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    Absolutely, it just frustrates me when people suggest that adopting thier financial policies would solve any problems. Their financial policies work for them, but that doesn't mean it would work elsewhere
    Yeah, nordic/scandinavian countries apply the same economic theories as others though for the most part. I think any smart statesman will try to learn from others though, this is an ongoing process for almost all countries, if something works great in lets say France you look at that and try to maybe learn a bit from it. Of course one needs to take into account all the actual differences there are, you can't just copy paste something and voila magic. As you said some things wont work or be suitable just because it works elswhere.

    I think it's quite interesting to follow EU diplomacy and politics at times, esp now when things are as they are. For example the deal with the EU budget.
    Shit like this actually goes through your fucking brain?

  12. #112
    Bloodsail Admiral stabetha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    middle of the desert U.S.A.
    Posts
    1,168
    Quote Originally Posted by Istaril View Post
    Wonder how many posts we'll get in before someone blames it on Socialism.
    yeah right everyone knows it's Bush's fault
    A Nation of Sheep Will has Beget A Government Of Wolves

    Obama so loved the poor he created millions more

  13. #113
    Quote Originally Posted by stabetha View Post
    yeah right everyone knows it's Bush's fault
    You know I hear "ololol its all bush's fault" way more than I actually hear people blame bush.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    Anti-racism protests are racist against whites.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Riddler View Post
    I am The Riddler. I never 'make stuff up'.
    A nice list of logical fallacies. In picture form!

  14. #114
    Old God Grizzly Willy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Kenosha, Wisconsin
    Posts
    10,182
    Quote Originally Posted by stabetha View Post
    yeah right everyone knows it's Bush's fault
    *Looks at signature*

    Wait, you're judging people now?
    Quote Originally Posted by FusedMass View Post
    I'm screen shoting this. If the measure is ever passed. You're comments will be my new signature.
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatOak View Post
    Caring about Fox News is like caring about the special Olympics if the participants were members of an internationally maligned news syndicate filled with neo-fascists who care about family values.

  15. #115
    Quote Originally Posted by Willeonge View Post
    i blame it on socialism
    I was actually wondering something entirely different. Just how much tax revenue have they lost due to companies funneling their income through Ireland and tax loopholes which effects every other area negatively. =)

  16. #116
    It's almost like having an economic region with unified monetary policy, but separate fiscal policies, isn't really a very good idea.
    Quote Originally Posted by satimy View Post
    Well when you put it that way Obamacare is a lot like Iraq...

  17. #117
    Moderator Kasierith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    St Petersburg
    Posts
    9,297
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    It's almost like having an economic region with unified monetary policy, but separate fiscal policies, isn't really a very good idea.
    I would say it looks good on paper, but even in a theoretical sense it's a rather dubious concept.

    We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.

  18. #118
    Scarab Lord Unf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Medellín, Colombia
    Posts
    4,613
    Euro been rich for too long, time to let other continents take that place!

    It might be unrelated, but Estonia's flag is beautiful.

  19. #119
    Old God Grizzly Willy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Kenosha, Wisconsin
    Posts
    10,182
    Quote Originally Posted by Galil ACE View Post
    Euro been rich for too long, time to let other continents take that place!
    How do you determine this?
    Quote Originally Posted by FusedMass View Post
    I'm screen shoting this. If the measure is ever passed. You're comments will be my new signature.
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatOak View Post
    Caring about Fox News is like caring about the special Olympics if the participants were members of an internationally maligned news syndicate filled with neo-fascists who care about family values.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •