Page 1 of 18
1
2
3
11
... LastLast
  1. #1

    "Iran now ready to double its Uranium enrichment." - U.N.


    Pictured: In January, Iran said it had begun uranium enrichment at the heavily fortified Fordo facility. Enrichment must reach 90% for weapon use.

    Iran is ready to double the output at its underground uranium enrichment facility, the UN nuclear watchdog says. A leaked report by the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) said there were some 1,400 centrifuges at Fordo and that Iran could soon double the number of them operating to 2,800.

    The development is likely to fuel Western suspicions that Iran is seeking to develop nuclear weapons. The government in Tehran insists the nuclear programme is entirely peaceful.

    The IAEA also said Iran had produced about 233kg (512lb) of higher-grade enriched uranium since 2010, an increase of 43kg since August. It used 96kg of the 20%-enriched uranium for conversion into fuel for its medical research reactor in Tehran. Experts say it would be difficult to enrich that uranium to 90%, which would be needed for a nuclear bomb.

    Nuclear fuel had also been removed from the core of the nuclear reactor at Bushehr without a reason being given by Iran, the IAEA added.

    Source: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-20368030

  2. #2
    The Unstoppable Force RICH816's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Portsmouth, UK
    Posts
    20,611
    Many other dangerous countries have nukes, why not Iran?

  3. #3
    The Unstoppable Force Rukentuts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Mini Soda
    Posts
    23,199
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    Many other dangerous countries have nukes, why not Iran?
    Those other "dangerous countries" haven't pledged to wipe another "off the map".
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatOak View Post
    Hey, as a transabled, transethnic, non-binary, genderqueer, neo-communist, indoor-capable republican otherkin I am offended by your callous display of ignorance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eroginous View Post
    I wouldn't expect someone who thinks science provides proof to know that.

  4. #4
    The Lightbringer Istaril's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Scotland. Freedom and So on.
    Posts
    3,238
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    Those other "dangerous countries" haven't pledged to wipe another "off the map".
    This comment has been pointing out as in-correct so many times. It was a bad translation of Farsi by the Washington Post, one which they later admitted to. The comment made was closer to demanding a regime change for Israel, wanting the current Netunyahu one gone.

  5. #5
    The Unstoppable Force RICH816's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Portsmouth, UK
    Posts
    20,611
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    Those other "dangerous countries" haven't pledged to wipe another "off the map".
    That statement is a myth and pure propaganda. Also Pakistan has been so close to wiping out India many times due to their hatred, nothing is done to stop them though.

  6. #6
    The Lightbringer N-7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    3,573
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    Those other "dangerous countries" haven't pledged to wipe another "off the map".
    India versus Pakistan comes to mind here.

    ---------- Post added 2012-11-16 at 07:32 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Istaril View Post
    This comment has been pointing out as in-correct so many times. It was a bad translation of Farsi by the Washington Post, one which they later admitted to. The comment made was closer to demanding a regime change for Israel, wanting the current Netunyahu one gone.
    Keep repeating lies and they'll eventually become truths like Iraq WMD...

  7. #7
    The Unstoppable Force RICH816's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Portsmouth, UK
    Posts
    20,611
    Quote Originally Posted by N-7 View Post
    India versus Pakistan comes to mind here.
    Israel scares me the most, if they are over run they may just use the nukes and take the enemy with them.

  8. #8
    The Insane Reeve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX USA
    Posts
    16,496
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    That statement is a myth and pure propaganda. Also Pakistan has been so close to wiping out India many times due to their hatred, nothing is done to stop them though.
    That's partly because they already have the bomb so there's little we can do about it. It's also partly because India and Pakistan both having bombs has helped somewhat to reduce the likelihood of a conventional war between the two countries. Finally, I imagine the size and number of big cities in India has something to do with it. Pakistan isn't likely to be able to wipe out everyone in India in one swell foop, like Iran could theoretically do with Israel.

    None of those are good reasons for Iran not to get the bomb. I just prefer they don't because I'm against Nuclear Weapons Proliferation in general. The more nuclear materiel out there, the more likely some non-state actor will eventually get their hands on some.
    Well 1, 2, 3, take my hand and come with me
    Because you look so fine
    And I really wanna make you mine

  9. #9
    The Unstoppable Force Rukentuts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Mini Soda
    Posts
    23,199
    Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    The more nuclear materiel out there, the more likely some non-state actor will eventually get their hands on some.
    Iran has history of being sympathetic towards terrorists.
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatOak View Post
    Hey, as a transabled, transethnic, non-binary, genderqueer, neo-communist, indoor-capable republican otherkin I am offended by your callous display of ignorance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eroginous View Post
    I wouldn't expect someone who thinks science provides proof to know that.

  10. #10
    The Lightbringer N-7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    3,573
    Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    That's partly because they already have the bomb so there's little we can do about it. It's also partly because India and Pakistan both having bombs has helped somewhat to reduce the likelihood of a conventional war between the two countries.
    Now imagine if Iran gets nukes wouldn't it reduce the likelihood of a conventional warfare between them and Israel? and wouldn't that save us much trouble?

    ---------- Post added 2012-11-16 at 07:37 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    Iran has history of being sympathetic towards terrorists.
    So is Pakistan... your point is?

  11. #11
    The Unstoppable Force Rukentuts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Mini Soda
    Posts
    23,199
    Quote Originally Posted by N-7 View Post
    So is Pakistan... your point is?
    We can't do anything to stop Pakistan from obtaining the bomb. We can stop Iran.

    Just because we let it happen once isn't a valid excuse to let it happen again.
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatOak View Post
    Hey, as a transabled, transethnic, non-binary, genderqueer, neo-communist, indoor-capable republican otherkin I am offended by your callous display of ignorance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eroginous View Post
    I wouldn't expect someone who thinks science provides proof to know that.

  12. #12
    All countries with enough resources will have them eventually...

  13. #13
    Shouldnt we have to wait for them to actually make the bomb for it considered to be a wep of mass destruction? Wasnt that how the un treated iraq?

  14. #14
    The Unstoppable Force RICH816's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Portsmouth, UK
    Posts
    20,611
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    We can't do anything to stop Pakistan from obtaining the bomb. We can stop Iran.

    Just because we let it happen once isn't a valid excuse to let it happen again.
    How would we stop Iran?

  15. #15
    All Iran's rogue government wants is to keep their dominance over billions of dollar worth of resources (Iran is a rich country in resources), they have no interest in attackin anywhere, this is an important fact

  16. #16
    Herald of the Titans Kurgath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Draenor
    Posts
    2,766
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    Those other "dangerous countries" haven't pledged to wipe another "off the map".
    Really?! USA bombed the shit out of Japan with a nuke. When did Iran do something even close to that with a nuke?!

  17. #17
    The Unstoppable Force Rukentuts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Mini Soda
    Posts
    23,199
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    How would we stop Iran?
    I don't know. I'm not military brass nor in the military intelligence business.
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatOak View Post
    Hey, as a transabled, transethnic, non-binary, genderqueer, neo-communist, indoor-capable republican otherkin I am offended by your callous display of ignorance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eroginous View Post
    I wouldn't expect someone who thinks science provides proof to know that.

  18. #18
    The Lightbringer N-7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    3,573
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    We can't do anything to stop Pakistan from obtaining the bomb. We can stop Iran.

    Just because we let it happen once isn't a valid excuse to let it happen again.
    No, what you said is that because Iran apparently is sympathetic towards "terrorists", it is problematic for them to obtain a nuke. However, we've got a country who is also sympathetic towards "terrorists" that already have nukes and guess what? nothing happened at all.

  19. #19
    High Overlord Astronomy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    İstanbul
    Posts
    163
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    Many other dangerous countries have nukes, why not Iran?
    Because there were so much movies about Iran using nuclear weapons that people really believe they can/willing to use one anytime. Islamophobia, on the other hand.

  20. #20
    The Unstoppable Force Rukentuts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Mini Soda
    Posts
    23,199
    Quote Originally Posted by Endre View Post
    Really?! USA bombed the shit out of Japan with a nuke.
    1) Use of the nuke save more lives than it killed.
    2) It demonstrated the power of the weapon, to discourage such use in the future.
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatOak View Post
    Hey, as a transabled, transethnic, non-binary, genderqueer, neo-communist, indoor-capable republican otherkin I am offended by your callous display of ignorance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eroginous View Post
    I wouldn't expect someone who thinks science provides proof to know that.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •