Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Endre View Post
    Really?! USA bombed the shit out of Japan with a nuke. When did Iran do something even close to that with a nuke?!
    The bombs we dropped on Japan were not nuclear bombs.
    Yes let treat Iran like the want to and let them get their nuclear weapon. that worked out with Hitler and Czech right? Yeah no thanks. I am also against nuclear weapons but MAD scares the hell out of me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gotta love the internet. How can someone argue that Iran having a Nuke would be a good thing? Their leader is insane.
    Wow <3 Korra<3 Giants<3

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Titan2k10 View Post
    What? Yes they were.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    When the +1 has no fear of death, it does change the equation. It kinda defeats MAD.

MAD only works when both sides fear destruction.
    Sure, but despite mountains of propaganda from all sides, that's not a foregone conclusion.
    When survival is the goal, it's into the spider hole!

Deleted
    Yes let treat Iran like the want to and let them get their nuclear weapon. that worked out with Hitler and Czech right? Yeah no thanks. I am also against nuclear weapons but MAD scares the hell out of me.
    What were they then?

10+ Year Old Account
    Notsureif.jpg

What this fails to say is that Russia is and has been helping them with this enrichment. I wonder why they aren't talking about trying to stop Russia... Maybe it has something to with not being able to push Russia around.

No child left behind.

Please people, think of the children!

Quote Originally Posted by Beavis View Post
    Most modern deterrence models only have two stable equalibria: X=0 and X=N. So, there's really no reason to think X+1 is going have a significant impact on the stability of the system.
    That assumes some kind of rational acting, though, doesn't it? If someone could explain exactly how these detterence models work, that would convince me otherwise of my argument.

Sure, but despite mountains of propaganda from all sides, that's not a foregone conclusion.
    Of course it's not. However, keep in mind there are constantly people in that neck of the woods blowing themselves up to receive 72 virgins. I don't see that happening over here or in Asia.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    Actually think Armchair Generals do any real work?
    fixxed lol. actually im jus fuking with ya anyway

What do you mean despite? Isn't propaganda false information?

Those other "dangerous countries" haven't pledged to wipe another "off the map".
    Were those comments by Ahmadinejad or Ali Khamenei?

If Khamenei said it I'd be scared. If Ahmadinejad said it I'd laugh.

Deleted
    Just eating my chicken korma well reading the thread, isnt it weird how human love to be right. counter each other over and over to try prove they are right xD
    humans are flawwed

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    What do you mean despite? Isn't propaganda false information?
    Not always false. It can be misleading, but true, because maybe it only tells part of the story.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Quote Originally Posted by Laize View Post
    Were those comments by Ahmadinejad or Ali Khamenei?

If Khamenei said it I'd be scared. If Ahmadinejad said it I'd laugh.
    Here's a source:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mahmoud...22_controversy

Ahmadinejad was quoted as saying:

Our dear Imam (referring to Ayatollah Khomeini) said that the occupying regime must be wiped off the map and this was a very wise statement. We cannot compromise over the issue of Palestine. Is it possible to create a new front in the heart of an old front. This would be a defeat and whoever accepts the legitimacy of this regime has in fact, signed the defeat of the Islamic world. Our dear Imam targeted the heart of the world oppressor in his struggle, meaning the occupying regime. I have no doubt that the new wave that has started in Palestine, and we witness it in the Islamic world too, will eliminate this disgraceful stain from the Islamic world.[77]
    The bolded sounds like warmongering to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Of course it's not. However, keep in mind there are constantly people in that neck of the woods blowing themselves up to receive 72 virgins. I don't see that happening over here or in Asia.
    True, but getting some poor schmuck to put on suicide vest is a world away from a cultural indifference to collective suicide.

10+ Year Old Account
    We can't do anything to stop Pakistan from obtaining the bomb. We can stop Iran.

Just because we let it happen once isn't a valid excuse to let it happen again.
    What gives us the right? From their perspective, the US is sympathetic towards terrorists. And the US is still the only country to have actually used a nuke.

Russia's made threats....but they're too big to do anything about. China's made threats...but they're also too big. India and Pakistan make threats on a fairly regular basis, but they're too well armed. The US has made tons of threats...but we're the boss so we can do what we want. Israel has made threats, but they're our allies so they get a free ride.

But ohhhh no, Iran has made threats so that must mean they're dangerously unstable and actually going to act on them! Because you know, of the countries listed above which ones have actually gone to war in the last 30 years? I can tell you it wasn't Iran.

Iran's got bluster but that's it, they're not stupid enough to actually use nukes or give one to terrorists.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    Many other dangerous countries have nukes, why not Iran?
    Well for one, even if you don't think they'd be stupid enough to actually give the bomb to a group like Hezbollah, all of their neighbors are absolutely terrified about the prospect of a nuclear arms race in the middle east. I know for a fact (yes...I do mean firsthand knowledge) that pretty much every single middle eastern nation outside of Iran has asked us (The USA) to attack Iran rather than letting them get the bomb...they don't talk about it but you'd better believe that if it does happen it will go ahead with the blessings of the Saudi's, the Gulf states, Egypt, Turkey, Jordan and more. Seems to me that their opinions matter most considering their proximity...

So if you'd be for Iran getting the bomb - I'd ask you how you would justify it to the Arab states who really don't seem to like the idea.

Deleted
    Debunked as a translation error, don't take it as gospel.