Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by fizzbob View Post
    they started and stopped the inspection 18 times

iraq would agree to the inspection then block it for a month. that's not cooperation. when a human being does that to another human being, he's fucking with you and he needs to swallow teeth.

he fucked with the US and he swallowed his teeth as a result. at that point it wasn't about WMD, it was about "we made you motherfucker and now we're gonna take you out"

no the USA didn't do the "right thing", but letting hussein make you look like a bitch? that's what you do when you don't have the most powerful military on earth. other countries should fear the USA. it benefits the USA. the first time you stepped out on the middle school playground, you quickly found your place in the hierarchy. when more than one person wants to be dominant you end up with a war. it's just human nature

that's what real life is. who can intimidate who. peace will NEVER happen, has NEVER happened and should just simply stop being talked about. life is a game and you aren't given a choice about if you wanna play it or not.

i won't be surprised if iran ends up the same way.
    A nation was sacked, plunged into civil war with over a hundred thousand dead, 4486 Us soldiers died for something as pathetic as this?

If you honestly believe that something like that, you disgust me.

I think it's also quite prudent to note that the "wipe them off the face of the earth" comment was... mistranslated.

Actually that's a severe understatement. It's more like a fansub from a first-year Farsi student.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisf...jun/14/post155

A more accurate translation would have been "the current regime of Israel shall vanish from the pages of time."

What I get from that is that he may disagree with Israel's politics (I do too) but not that he has an intention to erase the country.

As I've said before, he's a very smart man. He's got a damn good reason to hate the US, though.

Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    I don't understand your statement. Counties aren't people. Are you saying the USA didn't nuke Japan in WWII?
    The USA nuked Japan over 70 years ago. To call it the same country would be falling for a fallacy I was pointing out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    The USA nuked Japan over 70 years ago. To call it the same country would be falling for a fallacy I was pointing out.
    While leaders and people may have changed, I don't believe that the USA has so fundamentally changed in the same way that others like Germany, Russia, Japan, China, Iran, Iraq, or any number of other countries have done so to be able to say the USA is not still responsible for those actions.

Germany is not responsible for the action of the Nazi party, their nation, their people, their government has fundamentally changed. Japan is not responsible for their actions in WWII because of the same reasons.

Those same changes did not take place in the USA, so I do not clear them of responsibility for the nuking of Japan.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    And it's important to note that the rules of war were different back then too. It was perfectly normal in that time period to bomb entire cities indiscriminately. We have the luxury in the modern age of having precision smartbombs so we can minimize civilian casualties, but it's a bit silly to judge the 1945 actions of a country by 2012 standards.

---------- Post added 2012-11-16 at 10:43 PM ----------

While leaders and people may have changed, I don't believe that the USA has so fundamentally changed in the same way that others like Germany, Russia, Japan, China, Iran, Iraq, or any number of other countries have done so to be able to say the USA is not still responsible for those actions.

Germany is not responsible for the action of the Nazi party, their nation, their people, their government has fundamentally changed. Japan is not responsible for their actions in WWII because of the same reasons.

Those same changes did not take place in the USA, so I do not clear them of responsibility for the nuking of Japan.
    The US stopped carpet bombing places an awful long time ago.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frazzle.d View Post
    Israel overrun by what? The sixth most powerful army in the world afaik vs thousands with access to DIY rockets and knocked off weapons. They hold the big and nasty card in the middle east there.

I presume you are talking about the most recent Gaza strip crisis. My apologies if you mean something else.
    I don't know if Globalfirepower.com is a credible source, but I'm gonna reference it anyway, according to them Israel is number 10th and Iran is number 12th, so if there was a conventional war between the two of us the chances that Israel could defeat Iran would be pretty slim, they either have to involve other countries or use nukes. Iran would need that nuclear deterrent against Israel, but will they use nukes on Israel? Highly unlikely, because our power hungry leaders are religious nut-jobs (much like the zealots in power in Israel) and consider those lands to be holy.

How will the military might of a tiny country with a little over 7 million in population fair against a country of considerable size and over 75 million in population? That's easy they will use Samson option as an excuse to nuke the shit out of my country. We are talking about a country that very recently and with disregard to civilian population launched a strike on a city, without warning, they just felt they should level some buildings to cause chaos and terror.

"Rather than love, than money, than fame, give me truth."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    The US stopped carpet bombing places an awful long time ago.
    Our methods may have changed, but that doesn't mean we're a different country in the same way other nations like those I listed are.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Speaking of Iran and nuclear stuff, does anyone remember (or still watch him on Conan sometimes) Billy Eichner? There is a hilarious video which the topic of Iran is his first question to someone on the street. check it out:
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    I beg to differ. We could have carpet bombed Afghanistan and Iraq and turned them in to rubble if we wanted to, which is something that was done in the past. The forests(and anything in them) in Vietnam I'm sure would agree. To say nothing has changed in 70 years in one country that you probably don't like is an out right lie. You say the Germans aren't responsible for the action of the Nazi party, but we are somehow responsible for what our military does is ironic. The general public is made aware of so little of what our government does it's sad, and yet we are responsible for their actions.

The only country in the world that used nukes against civilians, TWICE, is complaining that someone else makes nukes because OMG they gonna nuke someone.

Really?

Either no one can make them or everyone can make them, then we are on even footing.
    "First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win."

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd prefer no one can make them, but unfortunately Pandora's box is open.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Deleted
    israel having nukes scares me more than Iran tbh.

What most people fail to understand is that it doesnt really matter if they get weapon grade uranium, they still need to make the ((((((((weapon))))))))) which is even more difficult to do, korea hasnt even had a successful launch to this day, and you expect iran to succeed where a country far more technologically advanced has failed? People need to get their heads out of their asses and think logically. Not to mention our NDS would shoot a nuke out of the sky before it even reached our pacific or atlantic boarders.

Please don't say they could just fly it here like we did with the bombs on Hiroshima and Nagasaki, our radar would pick an aircraft up and shoot it down before it even reached us aswell, unless they decided to pull the bullshit they did on 9/11. which i dont doubt

Deleted
    None of you know Jack.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Acesibo View Post
    None of you know Jack.
    Jack? The biotic right? I know her.

Just, be kind.

15+ Year Old Account
    None of you know Jack.
    And neither do you.

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    1) Use of the nuke save more lives than it killed.
    2) It demonstrated the power of the weapon, to discourage such use in the future.
    This was the most ridiculous response i've ever seen in my whole life.

1) Tell that to the big amount of people that died later without being noticed due to radiation dammage, not to mention the ones dead on the impact zone, the number is incalculable, the same goes for how big was the dammage done by the Chernobyl leak.
    2) Chernobyl demonstrated that much better and without the need of blowing up entire cities.

Japan surrendered after the bombs, so you are also saying that japan alone would have done much more dammage than what germany did at that time? Oh, you must be american and still cry about Pearl Harbor, so, Let's save LOTS of lifes by killing 100000x on the "enemy" side.

In my point of view, USA is the biggest terrorist country ever to exist, no other country in the world kills so many ppl directly or indirectly than USA.

Deleted
    None of you know Jack.
    I have 2 friends called jack, one is black, is this relevant?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    We can't do anything to stop Pakistan from obtaining the bomb. We can stop Iran.

Just because we let it happen once isn't a valid excuse to let it happen again.
    North Korea. It already is happening again. We know for sure they are trying to get a nuke, it's almost done, but not quite, why not stop them too? I never heard anything about pressure relating North Korea's nuclear program.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    I have 2 friends called jack, one is black, is this relevant?
    It isn't, so let's stop derailing the thread.