Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Cause topping meters is what healing is all about AMIRITE!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by overclockedamd View Post
    Cause topping meters is what healing is all about AMIRITE!
    What you fail to understand is that paladins have this thing called beacon of light. With an average of 10 EF on the raid (very likely in 25 man) the beacon healing does arround 40k healing + mastery every 2.5 seconds from EF hots alone. In other words it allows you to do some really good tank healing (more than any other class can do while aoe healing) and also do insane raid healing.

This style of healing is suboptimal for 2-3 fights out of the 16 fights we have in the game atm. The only fight I can think of atm where I wouldnt use it at all is Lei Shi because the tank damage is just insane compared to the raid damage.

My main is a holy pally.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Tandoor View Post
    Ranking in LFR means nothing more than you had a group that managed to take more damage than the rest. Not to meantion most people don't log LFR. I just went and ran a few runs and managed to get a few decent parses, but only on kills where people absolutely sucked.

If you look at my logs you can see just the abnormal amount of shit people suck that allow you to rank. I have stated that I felt my style was better, the OP and a few others have stated CS'ing is much better, while I can see it's potential uses my point has more gone from it's not worth it, to it's not as valuable as people make it seem. Will CS bump your healing up a few %, maybe. Is it worth hassling about trying to do, probably not. Perhaps if I raided 10man's I might see the use of something other than HR.

Unfortunately this is actually rather difficulty to just math out as there are a lot of variables. Hence the back and forth with what I feel have been valid points going both ways.
    Clearly someone read a little too much into my posting. Of course no one cares about it, it's all for epeen anyway and to see your name somewhere.

Well no one but you, it seems. l0l

Deleted
    No one cares about LFR rankings but for heroic modes it's an extremely good indicator :/

Can't post links yet but look for "Lords of Heaven" on EU-Eredar (World of Logs) and switch to the Healers tab on ranked players to see what I'm talking about.

The advantage of EF blanketing ain't only the blanket itself it's the healing portion of a 3 HoPo WoG AND the added hot which transfers to the beacon target. Advancing the blanket involves switching beacon targets depending on the health of players in the raid. So you have to make smart decisions about your beacon.
    Does the current lower health player got a blanket and am I supposed to beacon him and blanket another who is a little more topped off for maximum efficiency?
    Another reason why EF blanketing is so effective is the Holy Power gain from Holy Power, the 4pc-holy. If you take a closer look at my Will of the Emperor log one can clearly see that I've gained more HoPo from Holy Power than Holy Shock which explains the effectiveness of EF over Light of Dawn. In Addition when you're allowed to spent more Holy Power you'll get more DP proccs which ends up getting you even more DP proccs.

Regarding encounter specific healing I can tell you that it's effective on every fight. The only difference is that you sometimes exclusively use the DP proccs and potential overcap HoPo for "real" blanketing on some fights and the usual 3 HoPo EFs on the tanks.

If you've got any questions I'd appreciate pms or whispers in-game.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacer View Post
    The only fight I can think of atm where I wouldnt use it at all is Lei Shi because the tank damage is just insane compared to the raid damage.
    Its actually really good on lei shi.
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/b...?s=9012&e=9410

Quote Originally Posted by Tandoor View Post
    I can also link high parses with little to no cs in pretty much every 25man encounter.
    Yea HR is probably the best choice in most 25m healing situations. Not that I would know, all of my xp is 10m.

Quote Originally Posted by Claeshj View Post
    Which fights do you guys utilize this? Personally I only use it on Garalon, since the fights seems ideal for it.

And a comment about this way of healing form my own experience: Holy Radiance should be in there every now and then, not because it's particularly needed for the healing, but because if I stick to CD, EF and HS I'll have way over 50% mana at the end of the fight, which is an outright waste
    I tried the PvP 4-set last night for the first time (not that I was a non-believer, I was more of a purist - it kinda felt like cheating in a way). With no experience managing the rotation and just kind of winging it after running one 5-man to practice, I parsed top 200 on three of our encounters last night after not ranking once so far this xpac. Not that I'm a poor healer, but my heal-mate is a Mistweaver Monk who knows what he's doing. It's tough to rank on HPS when your healing partner is very good and already competing with your HPS. I have been fortunate so far this xpac to be just about even with him on almost every fight. Last night really was a huge difference, though. I liked being able to switch between EF mode and "normal" mode anytime I felt the need or the fight dictated it.

I gemmed all four pieces with straight intellect gems, figuring I wouldn't need the mana, but tonight I might throw some different spirit gems in there.

I used it on Stone Guard, Gara'Jal, Spirit Kings, Elegon and Blade Lord and Garalon last night, all normal modes. (Sorry we're not as progressed as you all probably are, but we only raid 7 hours a week and have had some attendance and performance issues from our dps.

There were some times I felt like I wasn't generating enough holy power and had to Crusader Strike more than I wanted to. And there were other times at the other end of the spectrum, including one godly moment on a Garalon pull where I had four Divine Purpose procs in a row, two non-procs, and then four more procs in a row.

I felt like I was playing a Healing Fire Mage, to be honest.
    Last edited by Karazee; 2012-11-19 at 07:42 PM.
    Humans are the only species on the planet smart enough to be this stupid.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by silverhatred View Post
    Its actually really good on lei shi.
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/b...?s=9012&e=9410
    Yes its good, I ranked number 2 paladin and number 3 all classes on this fight (25 man) with 2 pieces of blue and 2 pieces of epic pvp set but on that fight it seemed like the pvp set was a waste. You can still use EF on the tanks without the pvp set and tbh I think that strategy would be better for lei shi but as I said I also think its the only fight in the game atm where its not worth using it.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacer View Post
    Yes its good, I ranked number 2 paladin and number 3 all classes on this fight (25 man) with 2 pieces of blue and 2 pieces of epic pvp set but on that fight it seemed like the pvp set was a waste. You can still use EF on the tanks without the pvp set and tbh I think that strategy would be better for lei shi but as I said I also think its the only fight in the game atm where its not worth using it.
    Yeah, as far as Lei Shi went, it seemed pretty unnecessary, but it's pretty hard for a tank to die with Preblanket beacon ticks rolling and DL bombing. 4pc seems like it could make that fight 3 healable.

I assume it is still effective using the 458 ilevel gear?

Quote Originally Posted by grippo View Post
    I assume it is still effective using the 458 ilevel gear?
    From "Fix My Heals" thread:

Quote Originally Posted by Deipotent View Post
    The 4pc PVP set not only leads to more EFs, but it also reduces your mana usage by quite a bit.

To build 3 HoPo the cheapest way while still maintaining heals is to use HS 3x over 18s, 12s with tier. The problem with this method is obviously the 18s, 12s with tier. That's when you add DL or HR into the mix. HS is roughly 9k mana, so 27k mana for the first method, and now we're going to HS, HR, HS over 7 seconds for 38k mana. Much faster HoPo generation, much higher mana usage.

Now, throw 4pc into the equation, not even including DP procs. You go from using 27k min to get an EF out, to 18k min. An automatic 33% less mana usage.

DP procs add 1 HoPo so often you're only using 9k for an HS to get another EF out.

So yes, downgrading to the blue 4pc PVP is worth it (almost sadly.)

Deleted
    Somewhat late to the party on this guys but wondering if its still worth going for. In other words will using the 4 set pvp tier be better than using the 4 set heroic pve set for the next few months?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deipotent View Post
    Yeah, as far as Lei Shi went, it seemed pretty unnecessary, but it's pretty hard for a tank to die with Preblanket beacon ticks rolling and DL bombing. 4pc seems like it could make that fight 3 healable.
    3healable ?? I 2healed it with a druid see this worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-v8k8qzyujs251xgq/sum/healingDone/?s=10803&e=11251 .
    Also i think next time i engage Lei Shi i will spec to SS.
    I've seen my self just spamming my EF on the tanks so i dont used the hot so much. But u just need 2 HP for 1 instant and thats what PVP 4pc is about.
    You can spam instants instead of casting 2.5s.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimarran View Post
    3healable ?? I 2healed it with a druid see this worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-v8k8qzyujs251xgq/sum/healingDone/?s=10803&e=11251 .
    Also i think next time i engage Lei Shi i will spec to SS.
    I've seen my self just spamming my EF on the tanks so i dont used the hot so much. But u just need 2 HP for 1 instant and thats what PVP 4pc is about.
    You can spam instants instead of casting 2.5s.
    Pretty sure he is talking 25m.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Freia View Post
    Pretty sure he is talking 25m.
    Hmm yes (2healing it in 10 man isn't much of a problem ^^)

My paladin's gear isn't that amazing, I think I would be looking at mainly replacing 476 pieces. Is it worth throttling back down to the 458 PvP set, or would I need the raw stats from the Malevolent 483 gear to make this worthwhile?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arayaa View Post
    My paladin's gear isn't that amazing, I think I would be looking at mainly replacing 476 pieces. Is it worth throttling back down to the 458 PvP set, or would I need the raw stats from the Malevolent 483 gear to make this worthwhile?
    I replaced 489+ gear with three blue and 1 epic PVP piece and still saw my hps increase. This set bonus is slightly imba (but only slightly ).
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 // 2023- || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomana View Post
    I replaced 489+ gear with three blue and 1 epic PVP piece and still saw my hps increase. This set bonus is slightly imba (but only slightly ).

That's what I'm doing (although idiot here bought the wrong conquest piece and didn't work it out untill gone 2 hours so hopefully i get a refund).

Deleted
    "Eternal Flame Consumes up to 3 Holy Power to place a protective Holy flame on a friendly target, which heals them for (5,538 + 49.0% of SP) and an additional (508 + 5.9% of SP) every 3 sec for 30 sec. Healing increased per charge of Holy Power. Replaces Word of Glory. Paladin - LvL 45 Talent. 1 Holy Power. 40 yd range. Instant. 1.5 sec cooldown."

Is this for real live in 5.1? Reading this just now in the patch notes... That would destroy the PVP set ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HealsofSteel View Post
    "Eternal Flame Consumes up to 3 Holy Power to place a protective Holy flame on a friendly target, which heals them for (5,538 + 49.0% of SP) and an additional (508 + 5.9% of SP) every 3 sec for 30 sec. Healing increased per charge of Holy Power. Replaces Word of Glory. Paladin - LvL 45 Talent. 1 Holy Power. 40 yd range. Instant. 1.5 sec cooldown."

Is this for real live in 5.1? Reading this just now in the patch notes... That would destroy the PVP set ?
    Well, 1.5 sec is basically the GCD without haste, so you will only lose a fraction of second when spamming EF during DP procs.
    However, there are unconfirmed reports that EFs spammed with DP procs no longer generate 1 additional holy power. I guess I'll find out tomorrow
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 // 2023- || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-