Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

Talking Where are the reviews for Storm Legion?

Not that it matters either way but I visit IGN on a regular basis because my wife and I are both avid "gamers" and we read up on games during work downtime. Over the last few days there has been nothing on the site about Rift or the Storm Legion release. I have seen multiple articles about WoW D3 of course the beloved GW2. I have even seen at least 2 articles about SWTOR going free to play but nothing at all about imo THE ONLY GAME THAT MATTERS :P Shouldn't there at least be a review in progress going on or something??!?!? Do they even know?!?!? Do they hate??!?!?! This game deserves more publicity!!! The people need to know they are playing the WRONG GAME if its not RIFT!!!!

It's been 3 days since they released it. A bit early to review it no?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    It's been 3 days since they released it. A bit early to review it no?
    idk if you've ever seen a review before but they usually come out before the game even comes out
    My channel: Shirgadirth I used to do let's play's but now I do reviews, but not very often. Far too busy from school. Also too poor to buy games :P

Quote Originally Posted by Bladeface View Post
    idk if you've ever seen a review before but they usually come out before the game even comes out
    For an mmo? I don't think I've ever seen that.

Deleted
    Preview for pre release, review for post release.
    Usually about a week after release it will be up

I agree, but I was really speaking more of just acknowledging the release even happened. Sites tend to do "Reviews in Progress" a lot on launch days.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by theceure View Post
    I agree, but I was really speaking more of just acknowledging the release even happened. Sites tend to do "Reviews in Progress" a lot on launch days.
    Someone posted a "review in progress" article in another thread. May have been IGN, may have been someone else. I forget, but don't worry, they're coming. Rift didn't get all the awards for the past year for no reason - it's a good game and the industry knows it.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bladeface View Post
    No they dont, not ever for an mmo. Seen a review in progress, just wait it out.

Deleted
    Heres my review.,
    absofuckingloutely amazing.

Metacritic maybe? Takes time to review a game this big, I am playing quite a lot and haven't even hit 60 yet. Should get there tomorrow, then I have to check out dungeons, dimensions, chronicles, hunt rifts, dailies, pvp and eventually raids. Any half decent review should take a week at least, realistically longer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I seriously hope any and all reviewers are going the smart route and trying to experience AS MUCH of this expansion as possible.... too much to just experience 6 hours worth and say OKAY WE CAN DO ARTICLE NAO.
    "A flower.

10+ Year Old Account
    My review? Most solid expansion I've purchased in a long time, and I'm not even close to max level yet.

How can anyone review the game yet when people are just now finishing getting the Shard First Experts? I do not believe anyone has stepped into raids yet. Can't review shit that has not been done yet.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lathais View Post
    How can anyone review the game yet when people are just now finishing getting the Shard First Experts? I do not believe anyone has stepped into raids yet. Can't review shit that has not been done yet.
    Correction, we cleared the 10 Man tonight and will be heading for Crucia tomorrow :P

Here is my review

Expansion: badass..souls..land masses, dungeons, concepts, dimensions

Bads:
    1. Leveling is pretty slow no matter how you look at it, but whatever
    2. [ReActive Shield]

Let me preface this. There have been very few things in MMO's that have made me want to go outside and find a kitten and take out my rage on it with a base ball bat, but this ability that Hunt Rift bosses has is one of those rare occasions.

I put ReActive shield on par with zerging the boss in Alterac Valley or Fenris Pants in Aion. The sheer rage that this retarded ability creates is amazing. SOMEONE dumb ass at Trion came up with the great idea to make an ability that absorbs 100% of the damage for 20 seconds, then goes down for less then 2 seconds, then IMMEDIATELY goes back up for 20 seconds.

The one ability causes a 10min Hunt Rift to last for 20-30minutes as you sit there jumping like an idiot waiting for the buff to fall for 2 seconds. I personally hope that the dev who made this ability goes to hell. While in hell he is forced to hit a punching bag that has his nuts in it for eternity just so that he gets a sense of the pure aggravation that this has caused me.

Quote Originally Posted by Seatin View Post
    Correction, we cleared the 10 Man tonight and will be heading for Crucia tomorrow :P
    Ok, how many members of that 10-man team are professional game reviewers?

lol, j/k. Gratz man, you guys are moving fast....way fast. I am just hoping to hit 60 before the end of the weekend. 57+ is brutal. 59 is extremely painful.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    2. [ReActive Shield]

Let me preface this. There have been very few things in MMO's that have made me want to go outside and find a kitten and take out my rage on it with a base ball bat, but this ability that Hunt Rift bosses has is one of those rare occasions.

I put ReActive shield on par with zerging the boss in Alterac Valley or Fenris Pants in Aion. The sheer rage that this retarded ability creates is amazing. SOMEONE dumb ass at Trion came up with the great idea to make an ability that absorbs 100% of the damage for 20 seconds, then goes down for less then 2 seconds, then IMMEDIATELY goes back up for 20 seconds.

The one ability causes a 10min Hunt Rift to last for 20-30minutes as you sit there jumping like an idiot waiting for the buff to fall for 2 seconds. I personally hope that the dev who made this ability goes to hell. While in hell he is forced to hit a punching bag that has his nuts in it for eternity just so that he gets a sense of the pure aggravation that this has caused me.
    I see you understand mechanics.

The shield:

A) Does not absorb 100% of all incoming damage.
    B) Does not always last 20 seconds, it absorbs A VERY SPECIFIC amount of damage (note: not all of the damage over 20 seconds or infinity amounts).
    C) Is not game or raid-breaking - my guild had a solid group of 20 running around City Core FIRST NIGHT farming hunt rifts, we'd close one, open another, close that, open another. Did it for a good 4+ hours. We were having a fun as hell time, the officers told some of the lesser beings (folks like me lololol) to go more hardcore when the shield is up and not just sit around doing nothing as if it is reflective or something... guess what? Bosses just dropped.

Not everything is that bad. This was a smart move at Trion and I'm honestly getting sick of you calling Trion developers shit like "dumbass" etc. Unless you can develop a better game, etc, quit it already, it's really getting old. I know for a fact I'm not the only one on these forums getting sick of it, either.
    "A flower.

15+ Year Old Account
    I wanted to point out a few things i didnt notice mentioned RE: hunt rift boss abilities.

several of those buff abilities (shield, etc) seem be based on the number players or mobs nearby.

for example, some bosses have a health leech effect that puts a hot on them for every nearby rift monster. basically, its a kill the adds first mechanic.

as for the shield, it seems it might be based on the number of players nearby. has anybody tried purging it? I dont recall the health of the boss scaling up as much as one would expect for having 20 players around, so its entirely possible this is an alternative form of not allowing larger groups to just steamroll the hunt bosses.

Has anybody checked out the number of shield stacks and compared it to the approximate number of nearby players?

as del points out, the shield isnt just block all damage for 20 seconds.

as a side note, don't forget to interrupt the interruptable heal that many of the bosses seem to have.

Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    as you sit there jumping like an idiot
    Instead of jumping around like the idiot you are, DPS the damn shield down. It's called reactive shield because it reacts to the number of people present. Less people, less shield. More people, more shield. It is a scaling mechanic. The shield does in fact absorb damage, but as it does, it goes down.

Quote Originally Posted by Lathais View Post
    Instead of jumping around like the idiot you are, DPS the damn shield down. It's called reactive shield because it reacts to the number of people present. Less people, less shield. More people, more shield. It is a scaling mechanic. The shield does in fact absorb damage, but as it does, it goes down.
    Well maybe I need to make a video. The shield asorbs literally 99% of all damage. My attacks do 1...2..2...4...5..6. If the Hunt Rifts were not meant to be done in a raid maybe Trion should advertise that. This is clearly one of the more bad anti-zerging mechanics ever put into this game so far.

You never saw this type of crap in Raid rifts or expert rifts and it worked just fine. Only time any damage is done to the Herald in a 20man raid is the 2 seconds that the shield is down before it goes right back up.

If this is a issue with zerging, then scale the boss off the amount of people int he raid. I know they have the ability to do this, but this current method is nothing short of stupid.

Outside of that one annoying thing the rest of the expansion is pretty cool