Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ...
7
8
9
10
11
... LastLast
  1. #161
    During our H protector's progress earlier today, I was able to deterrence the lightning storm and not take any damage from it.

    Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

  2. #162
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehstool View Post
    During our H protector's progress earlier today, I was able to deterrence the lightning storm and not take any damage from it.
    Was wondering about that the other day when we got our first kill.......scumbag DPS time rofl.....j/king forgot that you can't do well as a hunter on that fight unless you cheese multi-shot/serpent sting spreading

  3. #163
    Quote Originally Posted by ihatepeople View Post
    Was wondering about that the other day when we got our first kill.......scumbag DPS time rofl.....j/king forgot that you can't do well as a hunter on that fight unless you cheese multi-shot/serpent sting spreading
    I wouldn't call it scumbag dps, just an "oh shit" button since you can dps while moving anyway. I was doing fine (in comparison to the other raid members) on that fight without multi dotting. However, even when trying my best at keeping a perfect rotation while using my trap to slow the adds since our comp sucks and apparently I'm the only one who can slow so, on every trap CD so i was wasting a GCD. We get kaolan down and then we end up wiping since too much damage is going out or something. So at that point i have like 6 wasted GCDs so I'm losing out on a lot of damage and on top of that I'm using my interrupt every CD with /stopcasting macrod in there twice so occasionally I have to stop a cobra shot and/or my auto shots every ~20 ish seconds. So there is that and we also have our pet which gimps us for this fight since it doesn't benefit from the debuff (wtb petless hunter spec/talent) so really hunters are only getting ~8.5% damage buff from it when everybody else gets 10% a stack. The only dps who was beating me was the arcane mage (who also has 84 GS above me) cause he can just sit there and pew pew the entire fight.

    May I ask where your raid's dps was at when kaolan died? (world of logs isn't showing any for some reason) or how many stacks of the debuff everyone had or for a log link, since for some reason I feel that we aren't killing kaolan fast enough.

    Edit: nvm found your kill on wow-heroes, world of logs just isn't registering the kills for some reason. A lot of meter padding is going on on that kill XD
    Last edited by Tehstool; 2013-01-03 at 09:05 AM.

    Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

  4. #164
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehstool View Post
    I wouldn't call it scumbag dps, just an "oh shit" button since you can dps while moving anyway. I was doing fine (in comparison to the other raid members) on that fight without multi dotting. However, even when trying my best at keeping a perfect rotation while using my trap to slow the adds since our comp sucks and apparently I'm the only one who can slow so, on every trap CD so i was wasting a GCD. We get kaolan down and then we end up wiping since too much damage is going out or something. So at that point i have like 6 wasted GCDs so I'm losing out on a lot of damage and on top of that I'm using my interrupt every CD with /stopcasting macrod in there twice so occasionally I have to stop a cobra shot and/or my auto shots every ~20 ish seconds. So there is that and we also have our pet which gimps us for this fight since it doesn't benefit from the debuff (wtb petless hunter spec/talent) so really hunters are only getting ~8.5% damage buff from it when everybody else gets 10% a stack. The only dps who was beating me was the arcane mage (who also has 84 GS above me) cause he can just sit there and pew pew the entire fight.

    May I ask where your raid's dps was at when kaolan died? (world of logs isn't showing any for some reason) or how many stacks of the debuff everyone had or for a log link, since for some reason I feel that we aren't killing kaolan fast enough.

    Edit: nvm found your kill on wow-heroes, world of logs just isn't registering the kills for some reason. A lot of meter padding is going on on that kill XD
    Hunters can do allright. They're never gonna beat a caster that isn't being dumb as a door, though. Multidotting adds+bigger dmg increase, along with already being on par with or better than hunters = recipe for disaster for a hunter.
    On the other hand, we eat most melee specs for obvious reasons (movement).

    Also, assuming Polpina is still in your roster, stool, tell him to shape the fuck up and slow with glyph, 70% movement speed slow. When you get to last phase, he might have to alternate with the mage for a slow, but still far better than trap. Traps are SHIT on this fight, as they need to be reliably slowed, and they stop being slowed and speed up as soon as they exit the trap area.

  5. #165
    Didn't see it mentioned, but you can Tranq Shot the Cleansing Waters for the Protectors fight. I don't know how viable this info is for normal and heroic, but I find myself doing it a ton in LFR.

    EDIT: Also, for Lei Shi, someone mentioned Worm but I think Chimaera is a better option as you can then assist in finding her.
    Last edited by chrth; 2013-01-03 at 01:28 PM.

  6. #166
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    Hunters can do allright. They're never gonna beat a caster that isn't being dumb as a door, though. Multidotting adds+bigger dmg increase, along with already being on par with or better than hunters = recipe for disaster for a hunter.
    On the other hand, we eat most melee specs for obvious reasons (movement).

    Also, assuming Polpina is still in your roster, stool, tell him to shape the fuck up and slow with glyph, 70% movement speed slow. When you get to last phase, he might have to alternate with the mage for a slow, but still far better than trap. Traps are SHIT on this fight, as they need to be reliably slowed, and they stop being slowed and speed up as soon as they exit the trap area.
    Duly noted. What glyph do you think he swap for the Glyph of Curse of Exhaustion? I was thinking the healthstone one. Thanks for the tip. I'll be sure to tell the RL and anyone else who needs to know.

    Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

  7. #167
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehstool View Post
    I wouldn't call it scumbag dps, just an "oh shit" button since you can dps while moving anyway. I was doing fine (in comparison to the other raid members) on that fight without multi dotting. However, even when trying my best at keeping a perfect rotation while using my trap to slow the adds since our comp sucks and apparently I'm the only one who can slow so, on every trap CD so i was wasting a GCD. We get kaolan down and then we end up wiping since too much damage is going out or something. So at that point i have like 6 wasted GCDs so I'm losing out on a lot of damage and on top of that I'm using my interrupt every CD with /stopcasting macrod in there twice so occasionally I have to stop a cobra shot and/or my auto shots every ~20 ish seconds. So there is that and we also have our pet which gimps us for this fight since it doesn't benefit from the debuff (wtb petless hunter spec/talent) so really hunters are only getting ~8.5% damage buff from it when everybody else gets 10% a stack. The only dps who was beating me was the arcane mage (who also has 84 GS above me) cause he can just sit there and pew pew the entire fight.

    May I ask where your raid's dps was at when kaolan died? (world of logs isn't showing any for some reason) or how many stacks of the debuff everyone had or for a log link, since for some reason I feel that we aren't killing kaolan fast enough.

    Edit: nvm found your kill on wow-heroes, world of logs just isn't registering the kills for some reason. A lot of meter padding is going on on that kill XD
    Yea i was kidding about the whole scumbag dps bit. And yea our moonkins and warriors love to "spread the love" aka parse. I don't think logs will be fixed for Terrace for quite some time.

    P.S. Like draco said, you should most definitely have your locks slowing with the glyphed Curse of Exhaustion. We had aff locks that alternated slowing adds. I kept a slow trap down in case, but locks carried the heavy load.

  8. #168
    Also another thing on protectors: I was able to disengage while inside the lightning storm and while i was airborne above the graphic I didn't take any damage. Will be hard to reproduce cause I don't want to die and we are almost killing it.

    Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

  9. #169
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehstool View Post
    Also another thing on protectors: I was able to disengage while inside the lightning storm and while i was airborne above the graphic I didn't take any damage. Will be hard to reproduce cause I don't want to die and we are almost killing it.
    I dont really catch that, you disengaged while being in that or you just jumped above it?

    The WoW engine cant handle jumping, you are standing on the place while you are airborne until you land on the new spot where engine recognize you again (that why many people fail on simple mechanic like spirit king annihilate, they try tu jump out of it and in fact the stop right before exiting the deadly area)

  10. #170
    Quote Originally Posted by Dukenukem View Post
    I dont really catch that, you disengaged while being in that or you just jumped above it?

    The WoW engine cant handle jumping, you are standing on the place while you are airborne until you land on the new spot where engine recognize you again (that why many people fail on simple mechanic like spirit king annihilate, they try tu jump out of it and in fact the stop right before exiting the deadly area)
    While being in it. I don't know how it worked exactly, but I will test it in LFR sometime this week.

    Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

  11. #171
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehstool View Post
    Also another thing on protectors: I was able to disengage while inside the lightning storm and while i was airborne above the graphic I didn't take any damage. Will be hard to reproduce cause I don't want to die and we are almost killing it.
    Unable to reproduce this; don't try it.

    Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

  12. #172
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpstar View Post
    Narrow Escape works on Tsulong to root adds in day phase, doesn't work on night phase adds however.
    I tried this and it didn't work at all for me.


  13. #173
    Quote Originally Posted by Barberry View Post
    I tried this and it didn't work at all for me.
    You might have been too far away? I believe it has an 8yrd range. I tried it yesterday and it did indeed work on the day adds but not the night adds.

  14. #174
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehstool View Post
    Also another thing on protectors: I was able to disengage while inside the lightning storm and while i was airborne above the graphic I didn't take any damage. Will be hard to reproduce cause I don't want to die and we are almost killing it.
    That's because how the server works (counts for all abilities that use some kind of teleport).

    A > disengage > B .... Before you land on B you are technically still on A. So If you time your disengage well you could do many things :

    Disengage through walls on spirit kings, disengage through tornadoes on al'akir and so on.

    I don't personally endorse this, a time lag spike can end up with you being dead and the raid being mad.

    -----------------

    Not sure if it's posted:

    HC WotE .. if you are on the rages and soaking, I use glyph of black ice, making the soaking even easier because you'll move pretty fast!
    Last edited by Hikashuri; 2013-01-08 at 03:33 AM.

    Recruiting players for 14/14hc farm and upcoming expansion, pm me or www.lucewow.com

  15. #175
    Quote Originally Posted by ihatepeople View Post
    You might have been too far away? I believe it has an 8yrd range. I tried it yesterday and it did indeed work on the day adds but not the night adds.
    You know what: I probably was pretty far away. I'll go ahead and give it another shot and make sure I'm close to the adds this time.


  16. #176
    Updated through post #175

    Added a few more tips of my own:

    Lei Shi
    H- remember not to use Glaive Toss during the add phase - you'll break the CC
    H- if you're a fog soaker, use a lock portal to get you quickly to the boss during get away
    H - you can also deterrence "get away" if you have high stacks and it's starting to get scary

    Zorlok
    H- if you're a panda make sure you keep your panda racial ability on CD so it isn't used during the MCs
    H - zooming your camera in closer will help a ton with avoiding the attenuation orbs
    remember to call back your pet on platform changes - it's a one shot if he gets to the boss before the tank

    If I missed your tip or comment in the main compilation on the first page, please let me know. I skimmed over a lot of the discussion about KC and mirrored blades - might have missed something.

    Also - would saw a lot of requests for a sticky - how do we get that done?

  17. #177
    Not sure if posted, and I don't feel like reading through all 9 pages just right now but...

    On Heroic Will, at least for 25 man, using Glyph of Black Ice makes you move a lot faster, which helps you soak more sparks.

  18. #178
    Tip for HC Zorlok if you are not in the 2nd echo (attuenation):

    Attack the echo, put your pet on defensive. It will help the ones who stay there with the echo, you can use Kill Command from the MC platform.

  19. #179
    Quote Originally Posted by Rullis View Post
    Tip for HC Zorlok if you are not in the 2nd echo (attuenation):

    Attack the echo, put your pet on defensive. It will help the ones who stay there with the echo, you can use Kill Command from the MC platform.
    What possible way could that help the raid? I'm sorry, I just don't see why you'd need to do that.

    Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

  20. #180
    Quote Originally Posted by Rullis View Post
    Tip for HC Zorlok if you are not in the 2nd echo (attuenation):

    Attack the echo, put your pet on defensive. It will help the ones who stay there with the echo, you can use Kill Command from the MC platform.
    I'm with Tehstool on this one...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •