This thread is for everyone to post their tips and tricks for this tier of raiding. I've been reading over the forums the last few weeks and found some useful information - and thought it would be good to have it all in one place. I will update this thread as others make contributions.
- The Stone Guard - Master's Call - Cobalt Bomb, removes the root, and makes you immune from rooting when you break them.
- Deterrence works on Cobalt bombs to negate damage/root
- Posthaste removes movement slow effect from Petrification
- You can deterrence Arcane Resonance and Epicentre
- If you have to go down with a totem your spirit beast heal gives a couple stacks and your healthstone does to
N & H-Spirit Kings
- Use Tranq shot glyph to help with Delirious dispells
- Apparently you can disengage over Flanking Orders with perfect timing
- You can deterrence through Flanking Orders
- You can Deterrence Pinning Arrows on The Spirit Kings, you have a split second between him targeting you and the arrows going off to do it - you can also BW out of a pinning arrow if it's available
- Don't use glaive toss when a shield/sleight of hand is comming up on Spirit kings heroic. The pass-through will trigger the abilities, and the same goes for the returning glaive damag
- Don't use glaive toss during a MC you slow everyone
- You can not deterrence soak an exploding protector but you can mitigate some of the damage through the damage reduction it gives.
- You can not disengage over a "blue fire pillar wall"
- Explosive Trap where the adds spawn is better. It effects the boss and the adds
- If you're SV for this - Keep BA up on Elegon during spark phases for LnL procs and multishot the middle add right as they spawn to get serpent sting on all three on your side.
Will of the Emps
- On heroic hunters can deterrence the sparks - spec into the "Crouching Tiger" talent
- Spirit Bond gives you more effective heal than Iron Hawk, because all the damage comes from titan gas aoe (8-9k heal each 2 sec compared to 2*15k*0.15 = 4.5k reduction from Iron Hawk in 2 seconds)
- H - On Heroic Will, at least for 25 man, using Glyph of Black Ice makes you move a lot faster, which helps you soak more sparks.
Blade Lord Ta'yak
- If you use the strat of stacking in melee for Unseen Strike - don't use CDs before that happens. Drop a explo trap in the down time waiting for him to respawn
- You can deterrence the raid damage from Unseen Strike (but not if it is on you) - spec into the "Crouching Tiger" talent
- After the first round of dodging tornados, when the boss is around 11-12% you can step into the windstream on the side of the hallwall and use it to move you quickly down the hall so you will be at the end as the boss flies back at 10% - you must be careful to step out of the windstream at 10% because it will reverse direction
- Spirit bond could be a good talent to choose for the healing during the tornado phases - Spirit Bond heals for about 8-9k every 2 seconds, or 4000-4500 every second. This helps negate much of the constant damage that you'd take every second during the tornado phase. Iron Hawk only reduces each tick by 1500 damage or so.
Imperial Vizier Zor'lok
- You can deterrence Force & Verve
- You can use intimidation to CC MC'd people
- H- if you're a panda make sure you keep your panda racial ability on CD so it isn't used during the MCs
- H - zooming your camera in closer will help a ton with avoiding the attenuation orbs
- remember to call back your pet on platform changes - it's a one shot if he gets to the boss before the tank
- If you use cower, you do not have to hold back your pet during the pull, or during the transition 'landing
- You can deterrence some of the Crush damage (heroic)
Wind Lord Mel'Jarak
- You can deterrence rain of blades
- On amber shaper un'sok you can deterrence the amber explosion from any source and you can deterrence the stomp just in in case you are in melee for the adds.
- Hunters will never get the debuff in p1 and will never have to use the dissonance fields
- You can deterrence the cone fear in the last phase and not be feared or take damage
- H - Stay in melee range (spread few yards cus of aoe dmg) since you can't get the Cry of Terror debuff and yer just taking some space from people that need to run into the fields. Not to mention you can get buff from big add in case your strategy sports saving one for P3.
- H- you can deterrence the corrupted fields
- Maximize the poison debuff's uptime, as it scales with SV's mastery to do quite some damage - be in range, if someone is spreading it, keep track of when the debuff will expire, etc.
- The 'Heart of Fear' debuff, in the last phase, can be safely removed with FD - nobody takes damage as a result
- In the last phase, you can use Deterrence when you get the fear debuff to reduce the damage taken from the tick, as a precaution to take less damage, should you not get instantly dispelled. It will not make you immune to the fear, but it will definitely help the healers, which gets quite intensive in the last phase.
- H - Obvious but I'll include it: Protectors HC try to have a frost trap up at the area the adds run trough, gives a decent slow and if you're SV you get extra LnL procs on the spot
- H - lightning storm can be deterrenced (although it's easy enough to avoid)
- Deterrence helps avoid damage and fear effect from Nightmares zone that spawn under your feet
- Binding shot, intimidation works on Tsulong adds. Blink strike is really good here too if you don't have dash up all the time - So does entrapment, if you're planning to go survival.
- Explosive Trap is also useful in the day phase should an add get too close to the boss
- H- remember not to use Glaive Toss during the add phase - you'll break the CC
- H- if you're a fog soaker, use a lock portal to get you quickly to the boss during get away
- H - you can also deterrence "get away" if you have high stacks and it's starting to get scary
- Consider Blink Strike over Crows (due to the unpredictable "hides")
- H- Since hunter's doesnt have anything but AoE pets in BM and Explo trap, a good thing is asking an engineer to make you a Goblin Dragon Gun to use during Hide - http://www.wowhead.com/item=86607
Sha of Fear:
- You can deterrence Breath of Fear from the Sha of Fear encounter in Terrace of Endless Spring, won't get feared or take damage
- you can deterrence Death Blossom
- During a wipe, you can FD on one of the platforms and if you live you will be teleported back to the start of the fight
- H - deterrence "Huddle in Fear" - even though you won't know ahead of time if you will be targeted for it
- H- readiness doesn't reset in P2 with all the other CDs - neither will your pot CD
- H- barrage and SV seem to be the best options
- H- get a mod called "Dread Spray VR" - it will show you where the safe zones are (there is another similar mod but it doesn't appear to be as reliable)
- H- DBM also has a Dread Spray option - but it involves memorizing a starting position for each platform and then you just move once when directed to by DBM - see here for map - not as confusing as it seems once you become familiar with the patterns.
Edited through post 273 - 2/6/13