Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    I meant to ask, does distracting shot work on Lei Shi adds?

I'm thinking about it, because we have some superior derpage in terms of not breaking CC, I'd love to be able to distracting shot an add out of the raid and scatter it to remove all DoTs and then CC it. (I already intimidate/freezing trap one add).
    If I pug it this week, I can secretly try it and then just tell people I lagged or something. Heh.

Any tips for H-Protectors? I don't think I'll be on adds (got both an spriest and a lock), so BM?

Obviously silencing shot focus on Asani in a rotation. Other than that seems very bleh as a fight, at least on non-elite mode.

Any tips for H-Protectors? I don't think I'll be on adds (got both an spriest and a lock), so BM?

Obviously silencing shot focus on Asani in a rotation. Other than that seems very bleh as a fight, at least on non-elite mode.
    You should play Surv there as your pet wont benefit from the dmg buff stacks.
    help interrupting regail/asani during corrupted waters

I'd go with survival, help interrupt/dispelling, and perhaps even dropping traps to slow the adds at points before your add killers get a chance to get a slow on them.
    <Guiles Theme Song> @ Mal'Ganis-US Horde 20-man 10/10M 8/10M, currently recruiting all
    Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/timoseewho

yeah, I suppose I can get free lock and loads off slowing traps too. Good times.

I meant to ask, does distracting shot work on Lei Shi adds?

I'm thinking about it, because we have some superior derpage in terms of not breaking CC, I'd love to be able to distracting shot an add out of the raid and scatter it to remove all DoTs and then CC it. (I already intimidate/freezing trap one add).
    Yes, it do works. Dont know if on Heroic mode it would be different, but on Normal, when i see that tanker' HP is going low too fast i usually Distract shot and Consussive shot one mob and walk away with it..

" So much lost time... that you'll never get back!"....

We killed H-Lei Shi today after spending 2 weeks on Ambershaper (and finally getting the kill yesterday), lol. Vehicle fights FTL.

And yes, you can distracting shot adds, but I just respecced wyvern and wyverned one, scatter trapped another.

---------- Post added 2013-01-20 at 02:51 AM ----------

btw, there's a fairly heinous hunter exploit on H-Lei Shi (possibly normal). I bugged it in game and didn't use it after an attempt testing it, because it's encounter-breaking practically.
    Last edited by eschatological; 2013-01-20 at 02:52 AM.

We killed H-Lei Shi today after spending 2 weeks on Ambershaper (and finally getting the kill yesterday), lol. Vehicle fights FTL.

And yes, you can distracting shot adds, but I just respecced wyvern and wyverned one, scatter trapped another.

---------- Post added 2013-01-20 at 02:51 AM ----------

btw, there's a fairly heinous hunter exploit on H-Lei Shi (possibly normal). I bugged it in game and didn't use it after an attempt testing it, because it's encounter-breaking practically.
    Do share <3

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

I don't know what the rules are for posting what appears to be an obvious exploit, but I'll defer for now.

Deleted
    I don't know what the rules are for posting what appears to be an obvious exploit, but I'll defer for now.
    pm plix

Pretty sure encouraging exploits and such are not allowed . Depends what you mark as an exploit, though - to me, both ambershaper and tsulong "ezmode"-tactics were obvious exploits of a flaw in the encounter, and both were fixed. Is the lei shi one much different?
    Besides, Lei shi is so easy that exploiting her seems... Excessive. She'd be within the first 10 bosses I'd go for in a 25 man enviroment.

I'm not encouraging anyone to exploit, in fact, I'm actively discouraging them since I bug reported it and I'm sure Blizz will be looking into it soon.

And yes, you're right, we killed it within 20 pulls of seeing her, *without* the exploit (only tested it on the first couple pulls).

Essentially, the exploit completely negates a boss mechanic. in terms of how serious it is, I'd label it an exploit easily. I don't think they'd ban anyone for it, but I could certainly see them taking away loot/achievements for it.

Deleted
    Hi guys ive found a exploit for Sha of Fear HC but i cnat share i reported to blizzard it makes u nearly one shot the boss but i killed it without ofc

I actually may know exactly what you're talking about.

H- Empress:
    1) Spec Crouching Tiger and Glyph Deterrence. You can Deterrence every Sha Corrupted Dissonance Field Explosion.
    2) Frost Trap on the Windblades during P2, will give your raiders more time to run out when Fixated. (Procs LnL if SV for the fight)
    3) Save Silencing Shot for the adds that are out of range for melee and are casting Dispatch.
    4) As BM you can BW out of the Fear, in P3. (Not really H only, but helpful to know)

Quote Originally Posted by stances View Post
    Hi guys ive found a exploit for Sha of Fear HC but i cnat share i reported to blizzard it makes u nearly one shot the boss but i killed it without ofc
    I linked Draco my logs to illustrate the exploit. I'm sure he could confirm both the exploit and the fact that we killed it without the exploit. H-Lei Shi isn't a hard boss, and we were 10/16H before that. Plus it doesn't one shot the boss, it negates a boss mechanic. There are still other mechanics. :P

And yes, barberry, that is the same exploit that you PMed me. I've bug reported it, so we'll see how it turns out.

I linked Draco my logs to illustrate the exploit. I'm sure he could confirm both the exploit and the fact that we killed it without the exploit. H-Lei Shi isn't a hard boss, and we were 10/16H before that. Plus it doesn't one shot the boss, it negates a boss mechanic. There are still other mechanics. :P

And yes, barberry, that is the same exploit that you PMed me. I've bug reported it, so we'll see how it turns out.
    What it does could be considered a game exploit, but the mechanic itself should actually be able to work on the boss IMO.

Hmmm, maybe we are thinking of different things, Barberry. There's no way to justify this exploit for the mechanic it breaks.

Quote Originally Posted by Fatbuux View Post
    H- Empress:
    2) Frost Trap on the Windblades during P2, will give your raiders more time to run out when Fixated. (Procs LnL if SV for the fight)
    wouldnt this kill your melee if you were sv

Quote Originally Posted by Crooklyn View Post
    wouldnt this kill your melee if you were sv
    Nope, you can't root them. Also I am not sure if there's any reason to slow them because they are already slowed when they fixate a target.
    Rufflesaurus <Huhuholics> Tarren Mill EU