Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I missed the event, now there is some investigation stuff going on I think?

Can anyone fill me in on what to do now? and if anything changed.

well the only issues I had were lag related. FPS stayed smooth no mater how big a mess I waded into but 5s or greater ability lag was very frustrating. They should have set the overflow caps lower for the day so there were not so many people in the same one for an event like this.

Who is John Galt?

Deleted
    One thing I don't understand about this event: how the flying frock was THAT THING supposed to bring us any new players? o.O

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Merendel View Post
    well the only issues I had were lag related. FPS stayed smooth no mater how big a mess I waded into but 5s or greater ability lag was very frustrating. They should have set the overflow caps lower for the day so there were not so many people in the same one for an event like this.
    this!

That being said, after a horrible first 5 min it sorted itself out (for me atleast) got to enjoy the rest of the event almost lag free
    the investigation thing is great too, but now im waiting in kessex hill coz the guy is bugged.

srsly, this game is amazing... but teh bugs O_o ... oh boy the bugs :<
    Warrior, getting my face smashed in because I love it

"The Perfect Raid Design Drawn by me .

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post

The event: jumbo shrimp attack Lion's Arch. The heroes of Tyria [collectively known as the zerg] killed all the shrimp after 20 mins of auto attacking.

Post event: Go to Caledon Forest and kill shrimp alongside the heroes of Tyria.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    The event: jumbo shrimp attack Lion's Arch. The heroes of Tyria [collectively known as the zerg] killed all the shrimp after 20 mins of auto attacking.

Post event: Go to Caledon Forest and kill shrimp alongside the heroes of Tyria.
    They really need to make these events "instanced" in some way. Like limit of 50 people in that area and then the other group goes into an overflow and then if more appear another overflow etc etc :/

They really need to make these events "instanced" in some way. Like limit of 50 people in that area and then the other group goes into an overflow and then if more appear another overflow etc etc :/
    I support this 100%. With the way it is now these events, while probably cool in their inception, are just sort of meh due to the zerg.

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    I support this 100%. With the way it is now these events, while probably cool in their inception, are just sort of meh due to the zerg.
    exactly, which is why I never took off work for this event because I knew it was just going to be a zerg like all the others. If it was segregated in some way so the encounter would be as epic as intended I would waste my time with it.

These are ONE time events right? So why not make it instance of 10 people and once they finish the world is changed then you have your stupid after events in caldeon forest like normal. And if people don't make it on time well tough luck the world changed without you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Peahorse View Post
    I'm just sorry for the friends I got to play on trial who came in tonight and got a horrendously bad 1st impression of the game, want them to buy it but I can't say they were overly impressed. Hopefully when things calm down they'll see that it's ok when people aren't crammed into one area.
    Suggest them they try the actual game and stay away from the patch events. If there's one thing I learned ArenaNet isn't good at is implementing these events first time.

---------- Post added 2012-11-17 at 02:05 AM ----------

It went like this:
    1. Some giant crab popped out of a boat and jumped on some hill.
    2. Spawned baby crabs (veterans) which layed other smaller crabs. All crabs were blue, 4 legs and covered in seashells. I actually saw them! Most did not, due to lag.
    3. People ran, horrible lag. People preety much stood there auto-attacking and dieing. Killed crabs, took items to npc. Except npc was an asura sitting under charr and norn people. So guess not.
    4. Crabs defeated! You need to go defeat giant crab. I didn't actually see what happened here. Giant crab jumps and wrecks lighthouse, then back in water.

Then the investigation stuff. Noll is unavailable on some servers when you get there. Also Blling or whatever his name is spams you like crazy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arnorei View Post
    Suggest them they try the actual game and stay away from the patch events. If there's one thing I learned ArenaNet isn't good at is implementing these events first time.
    Unfortunately when your friends say they don't have a lot of free cash you offer them a free trial in the hope they will go away with a good impression and stash some money away in the future because you enjoy their company/they enjoy your company. Meh, I have 2 days left the win them over :P

Auto shoot was FTW tonight after i finally got back in after the initial crash, didn't finish it because I kept getting DC'd and joining a brand new attack, doh

Love the concept it just needs a little work by Anet...
    Last edited by mmocecbb5aff6b; 2012-11-17 at 12:31 AM. Reason: Typos

Quote Originally Posted by Merendel View Post
    Same here, I think they should have made the event shorter so it wouldn't get monotonous. I was there only for the eye candy anyway, so it doesn't matter to me that the gameplay was broken during it. The dungeon, on the other hand, was a pleasant surprise for me. lvl 1 difficulty is easier (yet interesting and fun) than story mode AC, IMO. (did it at lvl 80 though)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by parcus View Post
    I was there only for the eye candy anyway, so it doesn't matter to me that the gameplay was broken during it.
    I seroiusly don't understand this, no offence :S I am kinda guessing this was a lighthearted comment anyway but I'm stil gonna fixate on it cos I'm in a strop

I love GW2 and I like what they're trying to do. I don't love freezing for 30+ secs while mobs that were nowhere near me pull me to pieces and I come out of lag to find myself downed or dead before Dcing and guild members in completely different zones say they're having5-10 secs lag. That says to me that Anet have some sort of capacity issue that they need to sort out.

I really don't want to bash them because I love the game I just feel these type of event needs some refining. To say you don't mind broken gameplay to me is very strange...I'm a very casual player but if I log in for an advertised event like this I expect it to be playable. I do agree that FPS was not an issue at all.

People may have noticed from my previous posts I don't very often given strong opinions but this is one I'm afraid and I feel terrible for it!

I'm not saying it is a good thing, just that it wasn't that bad for me: no DCs, no FPS problems, no server crashes, an event got me interested in going to the forgotten shores, so I'm happy overall (Although it should have been shorter, as I said before). They could have done a better job, though, I agree.

Deleted
    the event was fine imo....just the performance was really crappy. i am just meaning that one-time events like on sunday will be a disaster everytime with this laggspikes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by parcus View Post
    I'm not saying it is a good thing, just that it wasn't that bad for me: no DCs, no FPS problems, no server crashes, an event got me interested in going to the forgotten shores, so I'm happy overall (Although it should have been shorter, as I said before). They could have done a better job, though, I agree.
    I'm going to give you a hug because I feel I judged you too harshly /hug

Deleted
    Well, the event was a lag fest for me, so I quit after half an hour and 1 death and watched a movie instead.
    The investigation part is fun though.... well, except for Blingg spamming the place.

Quote Originally Posted by PonySlaystation View Post
    30s skill delay...invisible monsters...losing health slowly but cant heal or use defensive abilities...death...cant respawn for 4 minutes....disconnect.../repeat.

cool mass-events. totally worth it...
    I never got dc'ed but the first time i went into the down state it took a while for my heal to start working. i was spamming it and everything and it wouldnt start casting. Invisible mobs are never fun. TESO is supposed to have a system designed so that alot of things can be on screen at once. Hopefully they dont have the invisible army that WvW has.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PonySlaystation View Post
    30s skill delay...invisible monsters...losing health slowly but cant heal or use defensive abilities...death...cant respawn for 4 minutes....disconnect.../repeat.

cool mass-events. totally worth it...
    Your criticisms would be completely valid if EVERYONE WASN'T THERE TOO.
    Don't like the server-lag? Leave.
    Let the rest of us, the ones that understand the physical limits of even the best servers, enjoy a 3day event.

Obviously I love a lag-free environment as much as anyone however, 95% of the active player base was at this event.
    Grammar- It's the difference between knowing your shit & knowing you're shit.

Deleted
    Also. Guys. What do I do with all this candy corn? I have like 500.
    send me - mine gone^^

Was anyone actually able to finish the 'quest' line? I got blocked by the bugged and now gone Noll. I also annoyingly discovered the start of the chain is completely gone now too, so no karma vials for my alts.