Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

So...my lions arch event experience was like:

30s skill delay...invisible monsters...losing health slowly but cant heal or use defensive abilities...death...cant respawn for 4 minutes....disconnect.../repeat.

cool mass-events. totally worth it...

just return later, pretty predictable on the lag at the start in my opinion

10+ Year Old Account
    At least you got in, my friend is still looking at a loading screen. I don't see what this thread will produce, its not particularly constructive.

Just remember, this isn't a one time only event. That one is on Sunday.

Deleted
    the moment that thing jumped out of the water all hell went loose (for my computer)

Gah. These things are so uninteresting.

There is nothing to it. You stand in the middle of 20-40 people are tab pres the 1 key once and tab tab tab. You're done.

Just like super boring.

I can't even tab-1. I tab, spam one, spam one, spam one, did I actually hit anything ye-- oh there goes my first attack.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Lag wasn't noticeable for me. Pretty smooth while standing on a rock with other 30 people who pressed 1 as well.

Also. Guys. What do I do with all this candy corn? I have like 500.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2012-11-16 at 09:38 PM.

Oddly enough, the lag drastically shortens if I go down to the beach with more people, compared to up the ramp fighting the giant things.

The game's engine can't deal with the destructible armor on these things properly?

Well, i haven't bothered logging on as i know there will be shit tons of people online and massive lag. If there's one thing that i'm not impressed by from Anet, it's that they never prepare enough for these events.

Event's over on some of the overflows and most servers by now. It'll probably restart later.

Walked into Fractals of the Mists to check it out.

Just logged off immediately. Back to Rift.

All my hate for anyone who wanted a jump button in Guild Wars 1. All of it. Like 100%.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post

All my hate for anyone who wanted a jump button in Guild Wars 1. All of it. Like 100%.

Haha

they do take it to extremes although I kind of like it

Deleted
    I'm just sorry for the friends I got to play on trial who came in tonight and got a horrendously bad 1st impression of the game, want them to buy it but I can't say they were overly impressed. Hopefully when things calm down they'll see that it's ok when people aren't crammed into one area.

Deleted
    Cant enter the dungeon jezuz

Sit still killing endless waves of enemies with too much health, hand their severed asses to some dude standing in the middle of the fight so you die three times walking over to him

Don't honestly know what I would have done that was better but I was hoping for more than that

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Walked into Fractals of the Mists to check it out.

Wow, that looks like one of my worst nightmares.

Deleted
    Had a bit of lag at first, but other than that I enjoyed it. It felt like being in a horror/disaster film, really immersive. Think I will be giving Storm Legion a rest until this event is over, going to spend my weekend in the Mists

Deleted
    the event itself wasnt bad cant see how they couldve made it more ''epic''? lol?

the only horrible thing was the insane delay and lagg

Quote Originally Posted by kuruptz View Post
    the event itself wasnt bad cant see how they couldve made it more ''epic''? lol?
    Yeah it's really epic to do a dynamic event identical to half the ones in every other zone, but with a different skin for the mobs.