Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Yea, so Noll... is gone. They said they'd unbug him for phase 2, but instead he's gone. Kind of crap here.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    They really need to make these events "instanced" in some way. Like limit of 50 people in that area and then the other group goes into an overflow and then if more appear another overflow etc etc :/
    It's exactly because they are designing it like a singleplayer game event that people are demanding a singleplayer mode aka instancing. Which would not even be hard to avoid if they took a different approach with this type of events. So this is a world invasion of some sort and it's happening sequentially over all beaches as if they are probing one defense at a time, like if it's D-Day of some sort. Well, why not spreading it out over all involved zones and make the invasion not only look larger but also reduce the load per zone? Right now the entire server is being funnelled into one single zone which is a very shortsighted design even from a player standpoint and doing that during trial phase it can only be damaging for ANet. Especially with the bugs attached in mind. I am sure they had best intentions but thanks to lack of feasibility studies and escalated/staged stress/load-testing and Q&A it's turning out to be a worst case scenario. Yes, there are technologies which can virtualize this stuff and iirc they even were partially making use of these during development.
    Last edited by Ravenblade; 2012-11-17 at 10:42 PM.
    WoW: Crowcloak (Druid) & Neesheya (Paladin) @ Sylvanas EU (/ˈkaZHo͞oəl/) | GW2: Siqqa (Asura Engineer) @ Piken Square EU
    If builders built houses the way programmers built programs,the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization. - Weinberg's 2nd law

He seeks them here, he seeks them there, he seeks those lupins everywhere!

Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    Was anyone actually able to finish the 'quest' line? I got blocked by the bugged and now gone Noll. I also annoyingly discovered the start of the chain is completely gone now too, so no karma vials for my alts.
    Same here, I tried it on a pair of alts, too many things bugged, figured I'd try it on day 2, but day 2 changed the event to the island. I didn't run all over trying to see if any of the investigation stuff was fixed. Apparently the investigation lead to the island or something and now the island is there. Not sure if it's because I was a 55 upscaled to 80 or if the island is made for groups of 80's, but it wasn't something I could do too much with. Did some events, but can't even wield the tools on my alts to harvest the stuff I see laying all about.

Quote Originally Posted by Liquephyre View Post
    Your criticisms would be completely valid if EVERYONE WASN'T THERE TOO.
    Don't like the server-lag? Leave.
    Let the rest of us, the ones that understand the physical limits of even the best servers, enjoy a 3day event.

Obviously I love a lag-free environment as much as anyone however, 95% of the active player base was at this event.
    So ArenaNet hosts an event, tells everyone to show up or they miss it entirely. The fact that you can't control your character due to how poorly organized the event is, still deserves praise for ArenaNet (all they did was tell people where/when to show up)? And if someone feels that this was done poorly, the response is "Leave?"

People like you are what's really wrong with this community. Worse than the fucking haters, I swear...
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Hey, if you don't like lag, you can go back to WoW!

Ow, stop hitting me! =(
    so you can have more lag?

Again missed the event. Apparently can't complete phase 2 without phase 1 and didn't finish phase 1 because I didn't know what to do :/

So whats the run down of phase 2?

So whats the run down of phase 2?
    Shrimp showed up in other zones. The zerg stopped them.

There is an island of shrimp now. The zerg are taking the fight to the shrimp.

Be sure to burn gold/items in the mystic forge for badges to buy reskins of the LA karma weapons. And buy more keys from the Black Lion Trading House!

uhhh huh

go on....

Be sure to burn gold/items in the mystic forge for badges to buy reskins of the LA karma weapons. And buy more keys from the Black Lion Trading House!
    no

those veteran karka can kiss my ass, ugh hate those rolly pollies so much

I heard there was a new ranger pet? might have to play my ranger again to go get it

15+ Year Old Account
    Against those I usually choose a higher vantage point, place turret and mortar and fire until it succumbs to the unrelenting hand of the zerg. At least I don't get rolled over that way.
    WoW: Crowcloak (Druid) & Neesheya (Paladin) @ Sylvanas EU (/ˈkaZHo͞oəl/) | GW2: Siqqa (Asura Engineer) @ Piken Square EU
    If builders built houses the way programmers built programs,the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization. - Weinberg's 2nd law

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post

Is this actually all there is to it?
    I wasn't on the first phase, then on the supposed 2nd, i went to this island, did a seemingly chain event till about midway of the island, then it stopped there for some reason , i looked around for a bit and all i could find was regular events that didn't seem to be connected to the "Fight these baddies" thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirve View Post
    Is this actually all there is to it?
    Yes, actually.
    To some degree I was trying to make Zito laugh but that is bascially what has happend:

1. Shrimp attack LA. A huge zerg spend 20 mins killing waves of mobs.
    2. Shrimp move out to other zones like Caledon Forest and Kessex Hills. A huge zerg spends 20 mins killing waves of mobs.
    3. Go to island and run the shrimp event chain. This involves killing waves of shrimp.

Nothing to it.

They put Kiels back in the center of LA with the investigation dialog so I'd hoped they made the entire chain completable, but there's no more wreckage along the beach. :\

Also disappointed that the ultimate prize was a jug of karma. I was kind of hoping for another back piece like they did for Halloween. I'm still using the one from the personal story I got at, what, level 20? I can't seem to find any others.

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks like i'll be doing something more fruitful with my time tomorrow then.

Deleted
    Well, Noll was pretty much bugged all the time, and when I finally got to the runt I missed the deadline for phase 2. Fabulous.

Managed to get my guardian to lv 80 from the new zone by following a norn and pressing auto attack with a staff. New zone looks beautiful, the first drop I got was an exotic pet so that's a "free" 20 gold. Overall, mixed feelings but due to the fact I mainly play the game to explore I'm not that bothered.

10+ Year Old Account
    Terrible event with half of it bugged I have just been playing BO2 and pandaland instead. ANet needs to stop hurrdurring content content content and actually make a PTR to test future additions to the game and stop trying to be a WoW clone with all this new tier bullshit. What's the point in playing the game right now when they have done a complete 180 on basically everything they said in the manifesto.

3 months in and pvp is still terrible, bugs still rampant, etc etc. feel like I should just wait a year before logging in again maybe they will know what the fuck direction they want to take by that time?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    They put Kiels back in the center of LA with the investigation dialog so I'd hoped they made the entire chain completable, but there's no more wreckage along the beach. :\

Also disappointed that the ultimate prize was a jug of karma. I was kind of hoping for another back piece like they did for Halloween. I'm still using the one from the personal story I got at, what, level 20? I can't seem to find any others.
    To be honest the JoK was something I wanted in that situation but someone who does not need more karma for now may be disappointed. At least it helped me getting my Peacemaker pistol skin. A bit of happiness after all after two days of perpetual frustration ingame lol.

I am pretty much against one-time events because of this. They know their stuff is buggy, they know fixing it within a tiny amount of time is probably making some developers abandoning their families over that weekend, they know people are more upset about buggy things if their content is limited by time. Bad enough with the MCT, even worse with the Lost Shore story phases. Half of it the story gets bypassed because people fight over who's pressing "F" the fastest and out of anxiety the encounter may break any moment [again].

Booked the day off.

One of my colleagues is sick, so my boss called, asked if I could come in. He also used the word "Kremkoins", to which I laughed. Given how the past two events went, you know, I'm not feeling too too bad about "missing" what's bound to be another underdeveloped and overstressed network lag-fest.

Some of you will enjoy it, to which I'd look forward to hearing positive experiences. Some of you will hate it, maybe for reasons that I've done, maybe for the fact that ANet can't handle their shit but tries to give the image of "omg look at how many people are here, isn't this fun? : D : D : D" via cramming them into a well marketed "one-time event".

Either way, I'll know where to look in a few hours.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    Booked the day off.

One of my colleagues is sick, so my boss called, asked if I could come in. He also used the word "Kremkoins", to which I laughed. Given how the past two events went, you know, I'm not feeling too too bad about "missing" what's bound to be another underdeveloped and overstressed network lag-fest.

Some of you will enjoy it, to which I'd look forward to hearing positive experiences. Some of you will hate it, maybe for reasons that I've done, maybe for the fact that ANet can't handle their shit but tries to give the image of "omg look at how many people are here, isn't this fun? : D : D : D" via cramming them into a well marketed "one-time event".

Either way, I'll know where to look in a few hours.
    I wasn't there but It was basically throwing rocks and the karka dies in lava. Then 3/4 player base d/c and don't get their reward.

lol

I wasn't there but It was basically throwing rocks and the karka dies in lava. Then 3/4 player base d/c and don't get their reward.

lol
    Heh. Forgot it even ended today. Busy with other stuff in any case. Though I did read much of the same on the forums and reddit.

Can't say I am surprised. But also I do find it odd that people would expect anything better. Because it's really not even possible in Guild Wars 2-- all open world stuff has to be this simplistic/mindless.

I remember a long time ago, when a plucky young Fencers started to read the MMO Champ subforums. Back then there was a massive thread which asked the question of "endgame" and "raiding" in the open world. Specifically framing the question in relation to the potential these massive DEs offered a "new" type of raiding or replacement.

My response was in so many words; "DEs can never service raiders or hardcore PVE enthusiasts because by their nature DEs/open world bosses must be inclusive. And exclusivity is the actual design hook of raiding."

To which Odeezee, Mif and others proceeded to yell at me for 20 or so pages. Despite being thoroughly and totally incorrect in every one of their posts. A few months later, "OMG LEVEL 15 RAID BOSS SHADOW BEHEMOTH EPIC VIDZ" surfaced. I lol'd.

I don't begrudge Anet for these events. Though folks should have really tempered expectations based on what I am reading around the web. Exactly as I suggested over a year ago.

Feels good, this feel. I relish it.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2012-11-19 at 12:27 AM.