Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I already said my example wasn't good, it was just the first easy thing that came to mind... Do I think/know that Athene is paying a part? Of course, I never said that he wasn't, other than him not being any good. But I disagree with his main goal being to create events for charity. Anyone doing anything for charity is obviously a good thing, but I don't think for even a minute that is what his main goal is... His main goal is to make money off the internet...it would be silly to believe otherwise...

And a satirist? Colbert is a satirist, Athene is just a tool...

Quote Originally Posted by yasiru View Post
    I already said my example wasn't good, it was just the first easy thing that came to mind... Do I think/know that Athene is paying a part? Of course, I never said that he wasn't, other than him not being any good. But I disagree with his main goal being to create events for charity. Anyone doing anything for charity is obviously a good thing, but I don't think for even a minute that is what his main goal is... His main goal is to make money off the internet...it would be silly to believe otherwise...

And a satirist? Colbert is a satirist, Athene is just a tool...
    But it is satire, you don't have to like him to make it satire. You don't have to be Jonathan Swift, Sacha Baron Cohen or Armando Iannucci to lampoon someone or something. Like it or not, it's satire. I don't know why but my back peddling metre is going off....it's almost like your trying to make out that you've got it all along when you clearly haven't because that's what your first post said...right here... " It is about the attitude to me, or more importantly, the character of the person which is important".

I'm not even on the Athene does this shit for charity ticket, like you said for the most part he does it to make money. It's your bizarre outlook that his trolling and video's somehow make your own achievements less worthy or that he's reaping rewards he doesn't deserve that I find disturbing. Perspective..... get some.

Deleted
    What an incredibly obnoxious person. Somehow he makes me feel shame by just watching him. He certainly knows his way around videogames I'll give him that, though.

I used to not care so much for Athene, but he's obnoxious on purpose. Really sorta enjoy seeing his name in headlines every so often in a sick kinda perverse way.

It's all just fun ...

and games.

I don't understand though what's so great about him getting naked and beating Diablo though.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaley View Post
    I can't believe people still play Diablo 3, personally.
    The game is awesome since MP play and the hunt for Keys and Organs.

Patch 1.05

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by yasiru View Post
    I will admit I can enjoy watching people play videogames streamed over Twitch, but are there really that many people out there that would watch a two and a half video of someone, especially Athene, killing Diablo regardless of wearing gear or not?? I have to say though, I agree with Gehco, don't care for Athene either. It is about the attitude to me, or more importantly, the character of the person which is important. Years ago there was a famous basball player (no need to mention names) that was a big-time homerun hitter. But later after taking a baseball bat to his wife, he was soon forgotten and rightfully so. Yes, the attitude/character can be everything...
    He's in troll mode all of the time. The only time he isn't is when the camera is off. That is he persona, its not to be taking serious.
    The man who passes the sentence should swing the sword.

Nice achievement, problem though I have with Athene, is his "It's for charity" gig. Yay! Yet not in one event did he provide any proof whatsoever that it actually went to a charity.
    I might be a pessimist, but I have a hard time believing someone who's act is to be the worst troll ever, and then suddenly wants to rake in cash for a good cause.

Quote Originally Posted by lanerios View Post
    Nice achievement, problem though I have with Athene, is his "It's for charity" gig. Yay! Yet not in one event did he provide any proof whatsoever that it actually went to a charity.
    I might be a pessimist, but I have a hard time believing someone who's act is to be the worst troll ever, and then suddenly wants to rake in cash for a good cause.
    Apart from the fact he was working closely with the charity Save the Children, went to Africa and handles NONE of the money himself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Potboza View Post
    I created a black human male called "Pedopriest" and ran him to SW.
    I started asking where the schools were.
    Someone said "My kids play on this server you creep! How can you live with yourself?"
    I whispered back, "How old are they?"
    Yeah.

Ignorant claims of facts that have been proven to be wrong. GG

OT: A great battle of endurance lol. Not hard per se but it required him to not fuck up once for 2 and a half hours. Gz to him.

You take a pretty selfless, well documented act of charity where a "troll" leverages his fame to help some needy people and turn it into a negative?

Here's a pro-tip for the people who don't seem to get it and routinely become annoyed by Athene's "act" - it's just that, an act. Why? BECAUSE it draws an emotional response and *gasp* attention.

He may be a jackass or the nicest guy evar, truth is nobody posting here will really know, but you can't really take away what he did with that charity.
    Retired GM of Temerity - US Top 50 raiding on a strict 3 nights since Ulduar. Check us out!
    https://www.wowprogress.com/guild/us/hyjal/Temerity

Deleted
    Hated Athene as BEST PALADIN IN THE WORLD.
    Loved him ever since he did some real life trolling.

I personally don't care for Athene. Do I think killing Diablo naked on MP10 is impressive? Sure, it takes talent, persistance, and focus to pull something like that off. As for those of you that claim you know whether Athene is an ass in RL or not, you have just as much right to state as such as those that claim he is an ass period. And Satire? Sounds like a fancy way of saying it's ok to be a dick, as long as its not directly to their face, up close in personal, person to person. And as far as Charity goes? Knowing the inner workings of PR with professional athletes and sports agents, I can tell you that the majority of people that participate in "charity" events to raise money, are being forced to, or have some time of ulterior motive, usually to feed their ego or pocketbook, or they feel its their pennance for all the wrongs they have committed in their life or on a day to day basis. It's sad to think that there are people out there that actually believe donating money or being part of a fund raiser will grant them salvation. Not saying any of this is applies to Athene, but odds aren't really in his favor. Don't get me wrong, charity is a great thing, and contributing to it, on any level, is a good thing. A person donating their TIME volunteering to do little things is just as valuable as the rich guy donating his MONEY. Its not what is contributed, or even how....its the fact that a contribution was made period. However, giving to charity does not absolve one from any wrong doing or make them a better person, so claiming that he is an ok guy JUST BECAUSE he gives to charity is a sadly misguided statement.

Quote Originally Posted by Xaxien View Post
    I personally don't care for Athene. Do I think killing Diablo naked on MP10 is impressive? Sure, it takes talent, persistance, and focus to pull something like that off. As for those of you that claim you know whether Athene is an ass in RL or not, you have just as much right to state as such as those that claim he is an ass period. And Satire? Sounds like a fancy way of saying it's ok to be a dick, as long as its not directly to their face, up close in personal, person to person. And as far as Charity goes? Knowing the inner workings of PR with professional athletes and sports agents, I can tell you that the majority of people that participate in "charity" events to raise money, are being forced to, or have some time of ulterior motive, usually to feed their ego or pocketbook, or they feel its their pennance for all the wrongs they have committed in their life or on a day to day basis. It's sad to think that there are people out there that actually believe donating money or being part of a fund raiser will grant them salvation. Not saying any of this is applies to Athene, but odds aren't really in his favor. Don't get me wrong, charity is a great thing, and contributing to it, on any level, is a good thing. A person donating their TIME volunteering to do little things is just as valuable as the rich guy donating his MONEY. Its not what is contributed, or even how....its the fact that a contribution was made period. However, giving to charity does not absolve one from any wrong doing or make them a better person, so claiming that he is an ok guy JUST BECAUSE he gives to charity is a sadly misguided statement.
    Not only are you unable to understand that his "BEST PALADIN IN THE WORLD" is an act, you're unbelievably offensive to people doing things for charity...

To quote Spock
    The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few
    And because of that, the person with the bigger cheque book or greater amount of time to give to charity will always be more valuable.
    Someone said "My kids play on this server you creep! How can you live with yourself?"
    Yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaley View Post
    I can't believe people still play Diablo 3, personally.
    Well, we do. And we are having fun. So there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    Well, we do. And we are having fun. So there.
    Yep. Cleared everything when the game came out, quit for months pretty much right away. Came back now that Paragons etc. are out and I'm having a blast.
    Nakkiz of Memento <EU-Frostwhisper>

10+ Year Old Account
    I really hate Athene, but props to him for this.
    Long-ass fight, and cheesy tactics, but atleast he got it done.
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

10+ Year Old Account
    There is only one remarkable thing about this "achievement": That anyone can stay focused for 2,5 hours..
    Diablo-fight is 100% avoidable damage, meaning, if you take ANY damage, you do something wrong.
    Being able to place stuff, far from boss, that can do damage, and then kite the boss to the damage, doesn't really require skill, only focus and patience..

I'd like to see him do the same on Ghom... THAT would be something...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuthe View Post
    I really hate Athene, but props to him for this.
    Long-ass fight, and cheesy tactics, but atleast he got it done.
    I think doing something like this WITHOUT cheesy tactics is asking a bit much no?
    Haven't watched the video myself (can't really stand that guy), but good on him. Pretty impressive to not make a mistake for 2.5 hours straight.

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    There is only one remarkable thing about this "achievement": That anyone can stay focused for 2,5 hours..
    Diablo-fight is 100% avoidable damage, meaning, if you take ANY damage, you do something wrong.
    Being able to place stuff, far from boss, that can do damage, and then kite the boss to the damage, doesn't really require skill, only focus and patience..

I'd like to see him do the same on Ghom... THAT would be something...
    I'd like to see you kill Diablo MP10 naked
    Yeah.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolsteak View Post
    I'd like to see you kill Diablo MP10 naked
    My point is, that MP10 isn't harder than MP0, in this specific example, as you are not allowed to get hit..

Only thing that change is the length of the fight, as boss have more health..