View Poll Results: Does this makes sense as a list of alternatives?

Voters
67. This poll is closed
  • YES

48 71.64%
  • NO

19 28.36%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vixene View Post
    Dailies are the ONLY way to progress your character further, which is the problem people have. There is no problem to start raiding before doing dailies.
    IN gear terms, yes. But a) most people have ben arguing that they're forced to do dailies to start raiding and b) Even without dailies you can get the Sha of Anger boots and a crafted piece or two. Is being unlucky at RNG 'mooching'? Not in my book. If my raid whines at me because I'm unlucky in LFR when I've done what I can aside from dailies, oh well. If, on the other hand, my raid is pushing progression and I want to be as good as I can, I'll do the dailies at least at a rate that allows me to cap VP.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GnomercyBeastmaster View Post
    Normal dungeons award a mixture of gear, item level 410 from Temple of the Jade Serpent and Stormstout Brewery, and 435 from Shado-Pan Monastery and Mogushan Palace. The required item level for Heroic dungeons is 440, so in order to progress along this gearing route you will need to also gear via one of two routes. It’s advisable to do dungeons to amass Justice Points before you hit 90 and can no longer queue for random dungeons if you wish to gear without dailies.
    The only normal dungeon worth doing for actual gear to get into Heroic 5 mans is Mogu'shan Palace. I believe the gear in there is actually ilvl 450.

rings with an item level of a rather surprising 489 from Shadow of the Empire in the same zone
    This quest requires you to be Exalted with the Klaxxi to get. You would need to do all of the dailies for weeks to access this quest reward.

In the Vale of Eternal Blossoms, Battle Axe of the Thunder King awards an ilvl 463 chest.
    This quest requires you to be Revered with the Golden Lotus to access.

The Secrets of Guo Lai in the same zone awards ilvl 440 rings.
    This quest requires you to be Honored with the Golden Lotus to access.

6. Valor PvE Gear[/B]

We posted here on GAMEBREAKER a while back about PvE gear reputation requirements being rolled back. Since October 2nd, the reputation requirements to purchase certain pieces of Mists of Pandaria Valor Point gear have been reduced from Revered to Honored (which you can be just from questing). These include:

Klaxxi – neck items
    Golden Lotus – rings
    Shado-Pan – cloaks
    August Celestials – bracers

If you’re not doing dailies it’s highly unlikely that you’re going to have honored with any faction, except perhaps the Klaxxi. Do head over to their Quartermaster and see if the neck items are available to you, and check your other reputations just in case!
    I don't understand why you are posting this under a thread entitled, "How to Get Geared For Raiding Without Ever Doing a SINGLE Daily" when it is very cleared that beyond the Klaxxi, you would have to do dailies to access any of the other items you listed there. In fact, you can't even access Shado-Pan and August Celestials rep until you get Golden Lotus to Revered. So why even post this?

7. Professions

Most professions have the capacity to craft items of Raid quality, and many of the patterns are Zone Drops or require only honored reputation with Golden Lotus. Nonetheless, Golden Lotus Honored is very likely to require daily quests, and that’s not our objective today. Should you happen to have Golden Lotus Honored already, check out what you can buy. Have a look at your professions, a great one is Inscription which allows the creation of several ilvl 476 weapons. Engineers can yet again craft helms, ilvl 476 this time and recipe drop crafts award 496 items..
    How do you access Golden Lotus rep without doing dailies? Why is this even being listed as an option for Tailors when they can't access the pattern without doing dailies? The 496 items I somewhat understand, as the patterns are BoE, but the 476 items make no sense. Yes, the items themselves are BoE, but the patterns require dailies to unlock.
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

Deleted
    Isn't it the most obvious thing for all that you don't need dailies to get gear for raiding? Anyways people do dailies to get gear for raiding because raiding is a grp activity and if 1 person in a raiding guild does dailies everyone has to do them and everyone has bad time because of being forced to do dailies. You can always choose not to be in a raiding guild but a few wow players like raiding.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadite View Post
    For raiding then i agree but if you want...they are compulsory.
    Clarified that for you. Want != need.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yig View Post
    I don't do dailies. I am halfway geared up through LFR in 470-497 gear now. Dailies are nothing but an option for something to do. They are not a gate to progression, no matter how badly you want to make it seem that way.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Elrith/simple
    You are everything but geared

Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    Except for PvP gear, which still has a reputation of meaning you sick, all very good alternatives.

Let's hope people read before whining about dailies...
    Why? PvP gear is a terrific way to get ready for raids.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't do dailies. I am halfway geared up through LFR in 470-497 gear now. Dailies are nothing but an option for something to do. They are not a gate to progression, no matter how badly you want to make it seem that way.

...you're wearing a green leather helm. o_O
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    Except for PvP gear, which still has a reputation of meaning you sick, all very good alternatives.

Let's hope people read before whining about dailies...
    Before HoF and Terrace released some PvP gear was better than non-heroic MSV gear for some classes, it was also better than many of the slots that had no MSV loot to fill them. For example, PvP bracers (and boots for a mage not lucky enough to have the Galleon boots) were vastly superior to any alternatives in MSV.

I have no problem explaining to anyone why they're a fucking idiot to anyone that thinks having a piece or two of PvP gear in a raid makes you suck.

6 unenchanted items
    2 empty sockets in 2 items
    1 non-Plate item
    Missing Living Steel Belt Buckle

Halfway geared is pretty generous. You're definitely halfway something though.
    Last edited by Shmeh; 2012-11-16 at 11:10 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HeatherRae View Post
    And EVEN WITH THAT he's at 463 which will get him into LFR and is fine to start raiding. Which is the effing point... you can start raiding without dailies.

You don't even need that much. Quest to 90, run heroics, 1 or 2 craftables, and you're LFR ready. Proceed as usual.

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    Clarified that for you. Want != need.
    What an odd thing to say. I guess that makes this whole post obsolete then? You don't need to raid. You don't need gear. You don't even need to play the game. When i log in its to do things i want to do. Need has nothing to do with playing an mmo. You do what you want in them. If you take away things people want in the game then why even play? I want the stuff these rep vendors offer and i have to go through weeks of pointless busy work to get them. One boring path to acquire said items is bad design.

10+ Year Old Account
    I personally don't mind dailies and do them because I want the mounts and quest rewards you can get at exalted, plus the gold is a nice bonus.

However I wanted to say thanks for taking the time to post a thread like this. It'll definitely be helpful if I decide not to do dailies on my alts when I get around to leveling them but still want to be able to take them into LFR, etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    And EVEN WITH THAT he's at 463 which will get him into LFR and is fine to start raiding. Which is the effing point... you can start raiding without dailies.
    He's wearing shoulders that require someone to unlock rep to gain access to. :-P

Not to mention the fact that's he's a Warrior wearing a Leather helm.

---------- Post added 2012-11-16 at 05:28 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    You don't even need that much. Quest to 90, run heroics, 1 or 2 craftables, and you're LFR ready. Proceed as usual.
    Yep, now that others have ground through those dailies, those craftables are available.
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

Quote Originally Posted by Deadite View Post
    For raiding then i agree but if you want crafting recipes and mounts then they are compulsory.
    Crafting patterns are unnecessary as someone else will always have them and you can simply buy the item off the AH.

Mounts as a point is kind of Void. Since in the past 9 times out of 10 they were always PURE LUCK. Maybe you get the Blue Proto-Drake on your first clear of UP .. Or maybe it takes you months of clearing it every day to finally get it. Either way mounts have always been either Luck and/or a massive time investment, so those being on dailies I believe is fair. PLUS we're talking about CHARACTER PROGRESSION here in regards to gear, Mounts aren't really progressing your character Gear-Wise.

I admit that casuals who only do LFR WILL hit a Brick wall eventually where they get EVERY possible gear piece from LFR and Sha and then they will have nothing left to upgrade. But unless you're absurdly lucky, that will take a VERY long time. And isn't the point that LFR is there for Casuals? It's expected that they won't ever need gear that's higher because LFR is as much time as they can afford to put into this game? And if you're able to convert some more time on the game, go join a PUG MGV or something on Friday Night.. Saturday during the day... There's so many options it's ridiculous.
    Last edited by Daverid; 2012-11-16 at 11:31 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not to mention the fact that's he's a Warrior wearing a Leather helm.[COLOR="red"]
    Sometimes wearing leather is the right thing to do.
    Hi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    Sometimes wearing leather is the right thing to do.
    >:|

You are a bad influence!
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    The only thing about dailies that is true, is that you have to do them to spend the valor you earn -- which is bad design.

Any other argument is usually whiny QQ that should be ignored.
    --Which is also getting changed next patch.

You'll be able to use that VP to improve your current, probably better optimized pieces Ilvl directly -- which seems like a pretty good design to me. (time will tell)

got my alt to 460 without any dailies just get to 90, do 3-4 heroics, some crafting, BoEs, some JP gear. just use common sense, you dont need a guide

He's wearing shoulders that require someone to unlock rep to gain access to. :-P
    So person A wants a recipe and grinds rep for it. Crafts item and puts in on the AH.

Person B does not want to grind rep. Buys nice upgrade off AH.

Person A makes some profit(hopefully) and is happy that the recipe he repped for made him some gold.

Person B is happy to get an upgrade that he didn't need to grind rep for.

Sounds like it's a well functioning economy in a MMO to me.

Sigh, I'm actually going to have to say this.. Ok..

1. Cenarion Circle is an RP Realm
    2. He has Mogged it into Cursed Vision of Sargeras... Plus he is a Night Elf.
    3. His Forum Avatar is of a Cartoon version of Illidan, so I think safe to say he's an Illidan Fan.

So what can we conclude from that information? He clearly was probably running around town or Goldshire (whatever I don't know what the hell they get up to on RP servers) with the helm because it 'Looks Cool' because of the Transmog. Safe to say, I don't think he ACTUALLY uses a leather helm.

Of course that doesn't excuse the fact that he's got; terrible reforging, rubbish gems and no enchants .. But whatever, he can play, gem and enchant however he wishes. The point stands that this casual lad has easily reached ilvl high enough to even enter MSV Normal Mode if he wished, and not a single daily was done.