Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1

    Poisons aren't proccing off FoK

    Anyone else having this issue? Yes my poisons are on, but still no proc besides on my main target.

  2. #2
    My procs in general are acting weird.

    Had Main Gauche as my #2 dmg on blade lord, made no sense. Deadly poison's dmg single target was down ~35% over the week before.

    My FoK is not proccing poisons either. And my dmg during cd's *feels* rather weak.

  3. #3
    It was working for me last night. Maybe the patch broke it. I haven't had a chance to log in yet.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Squirl View Post
    It was working for me last night. Maybe the patch broke it. I haven't had a chance to log in yet.

    Yep. The patch broke our aoe..Woot.

  5. #5
    Broke dancing steel too. Not double proc'ing anymore, just refreshing the 1 active. Very lame.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Enhshamanlol View Post
    Yep. The patch broke our aoe..Woot.
    Quote Originally Posted by stuntz View Post
    Broke dancing steel too. Not double proc'ing anymore, just refreshing the 1 active. Very lame.

    Well, they've not been in Patch notes.. so are assuming these are Bugs rather than "fixes" ?

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by stuntz View Post
    Broke dancing steel too. Not double proc'ing anymore, just refreshing the 1 active. Very lame.
    Yep, no poisons with FoK or double DS procs.

  8. #8
    That's why I said "broke" rather than "nerfed", because I don't know if it's intended or not, just a break from previous functionality.

  9. #9
    Stood in the Fire Paloro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Panama City Beach
    Posts
    375
    Well Dancing Steel was converted to the real proc per minute model. Since DS only proc's agi, it won't proc a second one like windsong does (since windsong procs crit/haste/mastery).

  10. #10
    Dreadlord Vanthem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Ol US of A
    Posts
    787
    Quote Originally Posted by Paloro View Post
    Well Dancing Steel was converted to the real proc per minute model. Since DS only proc's agi, it won't proc a second one like windsong does (since windsong procs crit/haste/mastery).
    Is that what PPM really is? That would be a kick in the sack for those of us who put DS on both weapons.

  11. #11
    Not to mention a change from every major weapon enchant... well ever really. They always double proc'd, this change seems to make no sense, especially when they considered our dps "fine".

  12. #12
    Stood in the Fire Paloro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Panama City Beach
    Posts
    375
    Taken from a blue post describing the real proc per minute:

    •It can proc from any damage/healing event. It keeps track of the last time it had a chance to proc for that enchant.
    •It calculates the difference in time since the last chance to proc. It uses that time to determine the chance for that event to trigger a proc.
    •For example, if you have 22% Haste, it was 1.4sec since the last chance to proc, and you’ve got Windsong, then the chance to proc is 2(ppm) * 1.22(haste) * 1.4(time since last chance) / 60 (sec per min) = 5.693%.
    •The ‘time since the last chance to proc’ is capped at 10sec, so that your first attack of a fight isn’t a guaranteed proc.

    When 5.1 was released, DS was converted to the real proc per minute cd instead of its old one(which i don't know what that is)
    Putting it on both weapons will effectively increase your uptime of DS, but to my knowledge, you shouldn't be able to double proc it.

  13. #13
    so we got castraed once again(bug or nerf nobody knows) maybe our dps was still too op ö,..,ö also it leaves the question does this affect windsong also ? if yes isnt it a nerf if it just refreshed the old windsong buff ? i mean i get a crit windsong and its procs alot does it refresh crit windsong without a chance of a mastery proc or does the effekt change everytime windsong is proccing ?
    Last edited by Koji2k11; 2012-11-27 at 10:35 PM.
    the ultimate answer's to all rogue issues in MoP:

    -Reroll another class, who wants rougue's anyway.
    -Diablo 3 Sold 15 Million Copys
    -Haste will fix it
    -Rogue's are fine

  14. #14
    With that said, I want to throw out two things before people start complaining:

    1. Dancing Steel proccing as much as it was proccing was a well known bug, it's finally been fixed.
    2. Rogues are in an amazing spot in terms of damage.
    Bovan.9481
    Completed legendaries: Twilight, Sunrise, (Eternity), Incinerator, Bolt, Quip, Frostfang, The Juggernaut, Howler.
    Current projects: Predator and Aether.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Koji2k11 View Post
    so we got castraed once again(bug or nerf nobody knows) maybe our dps was still too op ö,..,ö also it leaves the question does this affect windsong also ? if yes isnt it a nerf if it just refreshed the old windsong buff ? i mean i get a crit windsong and its procs alot does it refresh crit windsong without a chance of a mastery proc or does the effekt change everytime windsong is proccing ?
    No, Windsong and Elemental Force are staying the same as they have been since the early change they made to them. They are changing Dancing Steel, Jade Spirit, River's Song and Colossus (?) to work the same as Windsong does. The reason Windsong can have multiple procs up at the same time is only because it can proc 3 different spell ID's.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovan View Post
    With that said, I want to throw out two things before people start complaining:

    1. Dancing Steel proccing as much as it was proccing was a well known bug, it's finally been fixed.
    2. Rogues are in an amazing spot in terms of damage.
    Not right now. When you log on servers after 5.1, You'll notice poisons are bug'd as said in this thread.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Enhshamanlol View Post
    Not right now. When you log on servers after 5.1, You'll notice poisons are bug'd as said in this thread.
    Poison bugs have nothing to do with my post =/
    I'm merely stating that the way Dancing Steel behaved before was a bug and that it's been corrected. And yes this lowers your DPS a little, which is fine considering Rogues are still pretty much the top melee class at the moment.
    Bovan.9481
    Completed legendaries: Twilight, Sunrise, (Eternity), Incinerator, Bolt, Quip, Frostfang, The Juggernaut, Howler.
    Current projects: Predator and Aether.

  18. #18
    Dancing steal is not procing twice for 2 unique enchants on each wep?

    It used to have 2 procs possible at the same time because each wep had an enchant, 2 enchants 2 procs, unlike windsong which was 1 enchant 3 possible buffs but even with 2 enchants of windsong only 3 possible buffs

  19. #19
    Stood in the Fire Paloro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Panama City Beach
    Posts
    375
    Quote Originally Posted by Superp View Post
    Dancing steal is not procing twice for 2 unique enchants on each wep?

    It used to have 2 procs possible at the same time because each wep had an enchant, 2 enchants 2 procs, unlike windsong which was 1 enchant 3 possible buffs but even with 2 enchants of windsong only 3 possible buffs
    You just answered your own question.
    Windsong: 3 possible buffs/3 overlapping buffs
    Dancing Steel: 1 possible buff/1 overlapping buff

    It doesn't matter that you have it on both weapons, it just increases your chances of DS proc'ing

  20. #20
    Except when you had it on both weapons, you almost NEVER had 0 DS proc, and quite often 2. This is a nerf (yay for a 10k gold enchant).

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •