Page 1 of 16
1
2
3
11
... LastLast
  1. #1

    Amongst the cop hate...

    Ok, So you always see videos of cops stepping over an invisible line, sometimes justified, other times not so much, regardless of which it is though it tends to have this community(as well as others) up in arms bagging on police officers and sometimes even saying that cops should be shot and killed...

    A friend posted this on FB today and it really struck home with me because I know a lot of cops and am working towards becoming one myself...

    However this is the sort of thing that tends to lead to the cops taking things over that invisible line, be it shooting someone before onlookers thought it right, or holding up large amounts of people for a search etc...
    I think the very first part really paints the picture well, but the rest does a very good job of painting the picture as well.

    *Graphic content do not watch if you are easily offended or easily upset.*
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Wxtnt1_WIE

    I'm not trying to say some cops don't abuse their power, as that does happen.
    Last edited by KeirAdish; 2012-11-22 at 02:19 AM.

  2. #2
    Dreadlord Wookeh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    780
    I'm a police officer, not in the U.S. obviously but i have never had to raise a weapon no
    matter what kind of arrest it was. I'm extremely happy we don't have any second
    amendment laws here and finding a weapon of any kind is extremely rare. The worst
    weapon i've ever found was a butterfly knife. Been in chases several times and every
    single time the suspect ends up giving up... we don't step torwards him/her/them with
    our weapons drawn, we simply walk up to the person and ask what the hell he was
    thinking and ask what he was trying to get away for. Not to mention that trying to
    escape from the police isn't illegal in my country because it falls under the right of
    freedom and there's no written law against it nor do i, as a police officer, see the
    need for one considering most people that try to get away (may it be by car or foot)
    simply get into a state of panic because they're scared. After all, that's why you
    visit the gym and remain fit, right ?

  3. #3
    Scarab Lord StayTuned's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Germany & Croatia & Netherlands
    Posts
    4,321
    Maybe you should put a warning, for that video is quite graphic... especially the first scene.


    Anyway, I think most cops are doing a great job and they get too little in return. But obviously you do not point out when somebody does his job right... that doesn't generate news.

    A bad cop on the other hand is food for media. They like to show things that brings up the emotions in somebody. That brings views and that's how they make money.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by StayTuned View Post
    Maybe you should put a warning, for that video is quite graphic... especially the first scene.


    Anyway, I think most cops are doing a great job and they get too little in return. But obviously you do not point out when somebody does his job right... that doesn't generate news.

    A bad cop on the other hand is food for media. They like to show things that brings up the emotions in somebody. That brings views and that's how they make money.
    Sorry, My bad, Meant to put a graphic content warning in :S *editing now*

    But yeah I know, Good cops don't make good news, which sucks because it only fuels the thoughts that cops are the evil part of society only there to bust your balls.



    Quote Originally Posted by Wookeh View Post
    I'm a police officer, not in the U.S. obviously but i have never had to raise a weapon no
    matter what kind of arrest it was. I'm extremely happy we don't have any second
    amendment laws here and finding a weapon of any kind is extremely rare. The worst
    weapon i've ever found was a butterfly knife. Been in chases several times and every
    single time the suspect ends up giving up... we don't step torwards him/her/them with
    our weapons drawn, we simply walk up to the person and ask what the hell he was
    thinking and ask what he was trying to get away for. Not to mention that trying to
    escape from the police isn't illegal in my country because it falls under the right of
    freedom and there's no written law against it nor do i, as a police officer, see the
    need for one considering most people that try to get away (may it be by car or foot)
    simply get into a state of panic because they're scared. After all, that's why you
    visit the gym and remain fit, right ?
    Here in america its considered evading arrest if you run from the police, and unfortunately from what I see the people of The Netherlands tend to be a more rational people than Americans :P
    Last edited by KeirAdish; 2012-11-22 at 02:21 AM.

  5. #5
    The Lightbringer Noobadin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    3,992
    Well when all the media does is run stories about police abuse in such. That's kinda of why lots of people jump on the lets hate the police bandwagon. People don't want to hear about it when a cop does their job right, unless of course that involves them shooting someone.

    I was expecting the video of the Vietnam war vet killing the cop that pleaded with him.

    Obviously NSFW, you might want to mute the last minute or so if graphic things bother you.

  6. #6
    Scarab Lord StayTuned's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Germany & Croatia & Netherlands
    Posts
    4,321
    And that is why I actually am for cops being allowed to shoot people on sight of a weapon if the situation is crystal clear like in Noobadin's video. This motherfucker clearly had an automatic rifle in his hands... no way in mistaking that. Why the fuck do you have to shout 'drop the gun' so many times? He pulled it out, you have to assume he is going to use it. Kill him.

    And that's coming from somebody who is anti gun and usually pro talk in all kind of situations. But there are some crazy people out there and they should be dealt with appropriate force.

    I know this would cause some serious trouble by idiot cops simply saying that they saw a gun, thus giving them a free ride to kill people whenever they want to... but it is sad to see people who committed themselves to protect others die because they are not allowed to take proper action to save themselves first.

    Edit: Just saw that the cop actually opened fire first. Well, you gotta have the skills to operate with a gun properly. You can't shoot 5 times from that distance and miss every single shot. He clearly lacked some proper training, even if he was only a interstate cop. Nevertheless, it took him too long to open fire.
    Last edited by StayTuned; 2012-11-22 at 03:03 AM.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Noobadin View Post
    Well when all the media does is run stories about police abuse in such. That's kinda of why lots of people jump on the lets hate the police bandwagon. People don't want to hear about it when a cop does their job right, unless of course that involves them shooting someone.

    I was expecting the video of the Vietnam war vet killing the cop that pleaded with him.

    Obviously NSFW, you might want to mute the last minute or so if graphic things bother you.
    I actually hadn't seen that one before, and almost wish I still hadn't, I went in expecting it to be bad, but didn't expect it to be that bad... >_<


    Quote Originally Posted by StayTuned View Post
    And that is why I actually am for cops being allowed to shoot people on sight of a weapon if the situation is crystal clear like in Noobadin's video. This motherfucker clearly had an automatic rifle in his hands... no way in mistaking that. Why the fuck do you have to shout 'drop the gun' so many times? He pulled it out, you have to assume he is going to use it. Kill him.

    And that's coming from somebody who is anti gun and usually pro talk in all kind of situations. But there are some crazy people out there and they should be dealt with appropriate force.

    I know this would cause some serious trouble by idiot cops simply saying that they saw a gun, thus giving them a free ride to kill people whenever they want to... but it is sad to see people who committed themselves to protect others die because they are not allowed to take proper action to save themselves first.

    Edit: Just saw that the cop actually opened fire first. Well, you gotta have the skills to operate with a gun properly. You can't shoot 5 times from that distance and miss every single shot. He clearly lacked some proper training, even if he was only a interstate cop
    yeah, Agreed, I don't think(I could be wrong I'm no expert) but I don't think he legally had to shout to drop the gun that many times, he may have just been trying to avoid having to shoot an old man.

    But I'm in agreement, if you see a weapon from an agitated suspect there shouldn't be any reason you have to wait for him to make a threatening gesture with it to shoot him after having told him to lower the weapon...

    Obviously better psych evaluations would be in order if they allowed that just to weed out those bad ones.(though those are already needed)

  8. #8
    Don't know what the purpose of this might be. People's opinions are different on the subject so what ?

  9. #9
    Stood in the Fire
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Posts
    357
    Quote Originally Posted by whoranzone View Post
    Don't know what the purpose of this might be. People's opinions are different on the subject so what ?
    To show idiotic mob mentality, people see something being shown over and over while it's 1 sided and think that's the cold hard truth and only way things happen. Those people are too ignorant to find out the other sides mentality before forming their one sided biased opinion.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by whoranzone View Post
    Don't know what the purpose of this might be. People's opinions are different on the subject so what ?
    Look at second quote... pretty much sums it up.
    People base their opinions off the stuff that makes the news (the bad stuff) and don't look into the other side of the coin.

    Quote Originally Posted by Anonymitylol View Post
    To show idiotic mob mentality, people see something being shown over and over while it's 1 sided and think that's the cold hard truth and only way things happen. Those people are too ignorant to find out the other sides mentality before forming their one sided biased opinion.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by KeirAdish View Post
    Look at second quote... pretty much sums it up.
    People base their opinions off the stuff that makes the news (the bad stuff) and don't look into the other side of the coin.
    "People" as in who ? I rarely meet someone who says each and every cop is bad and deserves to die who isn't a criminal anyways. Even just browsing through that shitfest of youtube comments I certainly don't see everyone expressing their pure hatred for every police officer.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by whoranzone View Post
    "People" as in who ? I rarely meet someone who says each and every cop is bad and deserves to die who isn't a criminal anyways. Even just browsing through that shitfest of youtube comments I certainly don't see everyone expressing their pure hatred for every police officer.
    Sorry, I didn't know you expected me to make a list of forum users on this forum alone that express views that all cops are bad and should die/be fired.

    Go look through some of the topics here you will see it, there was one recently a dog was shot(obviously in the wrong) and several people said the officer should be shot approximately 17 times for having shot the dog, or just saying he should be shot and killed for it, and expressing a very certain hate for anything related to law enforcement.

  13. #13
    Two kinds of people hate cops:

    1) The ignorant.

    2) Criminals.

    Most criminals are pretty ignorant, so it's mainly just the ignorant. There are bad apples in every line of work, police are not excluded from this. But most cops are genuinely good people who do the job because they sincerely want to help others and create a safe environment for all of us to live in. It's sad how underappreciated police are.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by KeirAdish View Post
    Sorry, I didn't know you expected me to make a list of forum users on this forum alone that express views that all cops are bad and should die/be fired.

    Go look through some of the topics here you will see it, there was one recently a dog was shot(obviously in the wrong) and several people said the officer should be shot approximately 17 times for having shot the dog, or just saying he should be shot and killed for it, and expressing a very certain hate for anything related to law enforcement.
    So what people often in forums ask for ridiculous punishments for whatever actually happened. This isn't limited to cops and has little to do with the mainstream media. Just upload some video of yourself killing >insert random cute animal< somewhere and see how kind the comments are going to be.

  15. #15
    Banned This name sucks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    A basement in Canada
    Posts
    2,726
    No idea why these people think they deserve respect or special treatment.

    They chose a dangerous job, most of them because they like having the power and authority it gives them and they often very clearly express that.

    Nobody forced them into the job, no reason to feel any more pity for them than any other person.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Virtua View Post
    Two kinds of people hate cops:

    1) The ignorant.

    2) Criminals.

    Most criminals are pretty ignorant, so it's mainly just the ignorant. There are bad apples in every line of work, police are not excluded from this. But most cops are genuinely good people who do the job because they sincerely want to help others and create a safe environment for all of us to live in. It's sad how underappreciated police are.

    True true, That's why I wanna be a cop, Honestly I hope I never have to shoot someone, but like the rest of them, I'll go in with the attitude that if someone pulls a gun I'm going home to my family and they are not.
    Sad that that's the attitude needed too...

    Quote Originally Posted by whoranzone View Post
    So what people often in forums ask for ridiculous punishments for whatever actually happened. This isn't limited to cops and has little to do with the mainstream media. Just upload some video of yourself killing >insert random cute animal< somewhere and see how kind the comments are going to be.
    I'm aware its not limited to cops, but seeing as this topic is about cops, I kinda figured we would be best suited sticking to them as the focal point of the conversation rather than drifting to other professions.

    and and it has a lot to do with mainstream media, as mainstream media tends to only show when an officer does something wrong, not when they do it right, so people find it easy to carry harsh judgement upon the officers due to this.

    I'm also aware that uploading a video of killing a random cute animal will cause an uproar.


    Quote Originally Posted by Methanar View Post
    No idea why these people think they deserve respect or special treatment.

    They chose a dangerous job, most of them because they like having the power and authority it gives them and they often very clearly express that.

    Nobody forced them into the job, no reason to feel any more pity for them than any other person.

    Yeah they chose the profession, not really sure what kind of cops you have up in canada, but here in the atlanta area our cops(for the most part) want to keep the communities they live in safe, the same communities their families live in.
    Its not about pity, the videos that were posted have little to nothing to do with pity, but rather show the other side of the spectrum from what is normally shown.
    Last edited by KeirAdish; 2012-11-22 at 03:29 AM.

  17. #17
    Scarab Lord StayTuned's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Germany & Croatia & Netherlands
    Posts
    4,321
    Quote Originally Posted by Methanar View Post
    No idea why these people think they deserve respect or special treatment.

    They chose a dangerous job, most of them because they like having the power and authority it gives them and they often very clearly express that.

    Nobody forced them into the job, no reason to feel any more pity for them than any other person.

    Because, at least in my eyes, they are servants. Yes, they are servants. They serve to represent and protect the law. A law that should protect you, me, and your mother.

    Somebody who serves me and protects me absolutely deserved my respect and will be treated specially by me. And sorry, some storage worker who doesn't give a shit about me is somebody who has to earn my respect first. A cop has it by default.

    I lived that way forever and I managed my encounters with cops damn well thanks to my attitude towards them.


    Quote Originally Posted by KeirAdish View Post
    I'm also aware that uploading a video of killing a random cute animal will cause an uproar.

    This is the internet, where animal live > human live is. Even if you kill an attacking tiger people would hate you for invading his territory and triggering his instincts.
    Last edited by StayTuned; 2012-11-22 at 03:30 AM.

  18. #18
    Banned This name sucks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    A basement in Canada
    Posts
    2,726
    Quote Originally Posted by Noobadin View Post
    Well when all the media does is run stories about police abuse in such. That's kinda of why lots of people jump on the lets hate the police bandwagon. People don't want to hear about it when a cop does their job right, unless of course that involves them shooting someone.

    I was expecting the video of the Vietnam war vet killing the cop that pleaded with him.

    Obviously NSFW, you might want to mute the last minute or so if graphic things bother you.
    Got to admit though, that vet knew what he was doing.

    ---------- Post added 2012-11-22 at 03:30 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by StayTuned View Post
    Because, at least in my eyes, they are servants. Yes, they are servants. They serve to represent and protect the law. A law that should protect you, me, and your mother.

    Somebody who serves me and protects me absolutely deserved my respect and will be treated specially by me. And sorry, some storage worker who doesn't give a shit about me is somebody who has to earn my respect first. A cop has it by default.

    I lived that way forever and I managed my encounters with cops damn well thanks to my attitude towards them.
    Why don't you feel that respect for health agents who monitor your store's food and make sure its not contaminated or being exposed to unsanitary conditions.

    Or what about construction workers that have made sure that your house is stable and won't collapse on you during a bad wind storm.

  19. #19
    Scarab Lord StayTuned's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Germany & Croatia & Netherlands
    Posts
    4,321
    Quote Originally Posted by Methanar View Post
    Why don't you feel that respect for health agents who monitor your store's food and make sure its not contaminated or being exposed to unsanitary conditions.

    Or what about construction workers that have made sure that your house is stable and won't collapse on you during a bad wind storm.
    Because being a cop is not just some ordinary job. But to play by your rules... because they do not risk their lives doing it. The health agent is by standard not in any life threatening danger. A cop never knows who he's going to pull over. And he is the one who I am going to call when somebody tries to rob my apartment... not my local health agent for Aldi.

    Firefighters, Medics and Army are pretty much on the same level as cops for me.

  20. #20
    I think one of the problems is that the police continue to hire little napoleon complex guys that are on some sort of mad power and respect trip, and are chomping at the bit to use their weapon - Patrice oneal said that A cop should be able to arrest you, even if they werent a cop, as in , they need to be physically big people whos presence demands respect, because to most criminals a little cop who demands respect just because they represent the law, isnt going to cut it

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •