Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Some Brazilians say ai ai in bed. Sounds kind of funny.

10+ Year Old Account
    WAIT! i also did know they had the big ass statue of Jesus and are amazing at soccer.
    Wow <3 Korra<3 Giants<3

10+ Year Old Account
    Lots of hot women, bad at video games, rampant violence, portuguese, poverty, jungle.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    Both. I dont understand why everyone cant agree to a proper spelling of words and leave it that way so everyone knows what people are talking about
    This is like complaining that the residents of Tel Aviv spell their city "תל האביב" while everyone else spells it in English. We're just transliterating their language into ours! The only difference is that Portuguese and English share an alphabet. If you really want to make an issue of it, the rest of the world spelling it with a 'z' is wrong. It's their country, they should probably decide the correct spelling, not majority rules.

I really don't think anyone is going to be confused by an 's' instead of a 'z' anyway.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Howdyho View Post
    I also know that when a plane leaves brazil it might fall to the ocean. Also I heard police in brazil don't hesitate to gun down criminals for pettiest of crimes.
    A bit off-topic, but actually, in Argentina, during their "Dirty War" (1976-1983), they used to conduct "Death flights": Planes took off full of «enemies of the regime» on route to deep Atlantic Ocean, and returned empty.

Quote Originally Posted by Baiyn View Post
    I know that Rock In Rio is freaking massive and when Iron Maiden played there in 2001 (I think), they played to a crowd of around 250 thousand people!
    I know! And they (Iron Maiden) came to Lisbon in the 2008 edition of the Rock in Rio! \m/
    Last edited by mmoc0e82c355ee; 2012-11-17 at 12:22 AM.

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    If they are speaking Portugese in LFR or LFG, then they are from Brazil, and they probably don't know what they are doing. BRBR?

at least 90% of them don't know how to play wow ...
    (given, most (even American) players in general aren't very good but at least you can complete 5mans / battlegrounds with them)

no offense ... I've played against very good people from Brazilian realms, and I salute to any of them who are good despite their (so I've been told) awful latency.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xindralol View Post
    at least 90% of them don't know how to play wow ...
    (given, most (even American) players in general aren't very good but at least you can complete 5mans / battlegrounds with them)

no offense ... I've played against very good people from Brazilian realms, and I salute to any of them who are good despite their (so I've been told) awful latency.
    Just two notes:
    -Brazilian education levels are severely lacking, compared to the USA. Most of the Brazilians, don't know how to speak English, even. Also, they probably use the BR WoW client, which has terms, like «Stamina», which are not correctly translated to PT;
    -Brazilian internet connections are not great, and are actually very expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by Baiyn View Post
    I know that Rock In Rio is freaking massive and when Iron Maiden played there in 2001 (I think), they played to a crowd of around 250 thousand people!
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeverin View Post
    A bit off-topic, but actually, in Argentina, during their "Dirty War" (1976-1983), they used to conduct "Death flights": Planes took off full of «enemies of the regime» on route to deep Atlantic Ocean, and returned empty.

I know! And they (Iron Maiden) came to Lisbon in the 2008 edition of the Rock in Rio! \m/
    Hell yeah! I was there (in Rio) epic show is epic man!!!

They coming back to RiR 2013 already got my pass
    Metallica too!

check it out http://www.rockinrio.com.br/blog/met...k-in-rio-2013/

(not even close to that number of ppl from RiR3 though, but still 85k for 2013 festival.

Feel free to join man, 2013 RiR, 2014 wold cup 2016 Olympics games Here we go!

Deleted
    Sorry... I only know from family guy *Going brazilian* (This is relevant)

I just realised that I know almost nothing about Brasil. I know they speak portugese, football is the national sport, they have an awesome carnaval with sexy ladies, they have a giant statue of Jesus, they are cutting the wood of almost 1/3 of amazonia, they have crime problems in the flavelas (grammar?), they're on the rise of becomming a superpower. But I know nothing about the people or the government. Can you compare your governement with an European? Are you conservative or liberal? Do you have an army? Do you have a strong middle class? Do you have environmental policies? Do you have an easy access to higher education?

They're good at soccer and have a huge Jesus
    Quote Originally Posted by kasath
    is anyone in this group under 18? my parole officer says I'm not allowed to play wow with anyone under 18

Deleted
    -They speak portuguese;
    -Used to be a portuguese colony;
    -President is Dilma Rousseff;
    -Nice carnival;
    -Emerging world power;
    -Poverty;
    -Deforestation;
    -Huehuehuehue.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by obao98 View Post
    What do you know about Brazil?
    I know a great movie was set there.

Michelle Johnson was so hot in that movie.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

Quote Originally Posted by SirRobin View Post
    I know a great movie was set there.

Michelle Johnson was so hot in that movie.
    So it's a movie about a girl kissing a man covered with whipped cream?

haha I'm joking, nice ass baby!

15+ Year Old Account
    I know it's a country in South America.
    They speak Portuguese, and are mainly Catholic, being once part of the Portuguese Empire.
    They have a cool Carnivale, and beaches, and lots of parties and attractive people.
    It's home to most of the Amazon Rainforest, and biodiversity, but much of the world's deforestation happens there, as they cut it down for sugarcane, soy, and grazing land. They run a lot of their cars on sugarcane ethanol, and grow a huge amount of cattle.
    They're good at futbol, and Pele was Brazilan, and they're hosting the next Olympics in Rio.
    Capoeira was developed there, as a secret martial art among slaves.
    Their capital is Brazilia, which was sort of a planned city built in the middle of nowhere. It has some cool 'futuristic' modern buildings that remind me of EPCOT.

I live in Brazil. It's not dumb at all its ignorance. We're most know as the fighters, soccer and volleyball.

10+ Year Old Account
    Brazil is the only country to be named after a tree. Don't know if that's actually true but I head it on the TV once and the TV never lies.

10+ Year Old Account
    Women with nice asses and Sepultura.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    I recommend some ice for your feet mate. With the trail of hot takes you're leaving in this thread they must be burning.