1. #1
    Bloodsail Admiral Ryuji's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    A place, with stuff
    Posts
    1,053

    Lerah's Ribsmasher...450 to 476?

    Context: http://ptr.wowhead.com/item=87418

    According to wowhead's PTR, this BoE is going to become BoP and increase from 450-476 ilvl when 5.1 hits.

    Is this true or did wowhead just derp out for the PTR version of this?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakpoth View Post
    I find it unreasonable to ask for other than obvious reasons, when the reason obviously is the obvious reason.
    Song that's currently stuck in my head: Carbon Based Lifeforms - 20 Minutes https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WbPT1t-4gUs

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryuji View Post
    Context: http://ptr.wowhead.com/item=87418

    According to wowhead's PTR, this BoE is going to become BoP and increase from 450-476 ilvl when 5.1 hits.

    Is this true or did wowhead just derp out for the PTR version of this?
    Considering that it went from a BoE 85 ilvl 450 to 90 476 ilvl, prob intended.

  3. #3
    Pit Lord Sett's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Gran Pulse
    Posts
    2,343
    o_o

    Did this change all of them? Or are new ones dropping that are like this?
    Quote Originally Posted by Deuse View Post
    Beth clearly did not understand the rules to Paper Rock Scissors Gun.
    Let's look fabulous~. A Paladin transmogrifier item list.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Sett View Post
    o_o

    Did this change all of them? Or are new ones dropping that are like this?
    Based on how they did scale ups in the past it likely means all *new* items will likely be the 476 (like the drops from Cata rare elites) but then the item # hasn't changed so iunno

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Constellation View Post
    Based on how they did scale ups in the past it likely means all *new* items will likely be the 476 (like the drops from Cata rare elites) but then the item # hasn't changed so iunno
    Due to how the game works, it will change all of them. They'd have to create a new item to keep the stats static.

    Only items with randomly determined stats have them saved on a per-item basis, all others pull them from the database.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Due to how the game works, it will change all of them. They'd have to create a new item to keep the stats static.

    Only items with randomly determined stats have them saved on a per-item basis, all others pull them from the database.
    The old BoE drops from world bosses in Cata however had different item tags and existed alongside each other, on PTR and live as different items sharing the same name as opposed to the old one being upgraded.

    http://www.wowhead.com/item=67153
    vs
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=69843

    for example

    it's still to early to make a determination just yet, however

  7. #7
    Pit Lord Sett's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Gran Pulse
    Posts
    2,343
    Yeah the Mobus spear change is what prompted me to ask. I remember going 'oh sweet, free epic upgrade' to log on later to see it not change for my druid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deuse View Post
    Beth clearly did not understand the rules to Paper Rock Scissors Gun.
    Let's look fabulous~. A Paladin transmogrifier item list.

  8. #8
    Fluffy Kitten Rivin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Washington, USA
    Posts
    13,834
    Quote Originally Posted by Constellation View Post
    The old BoE drops from world bosses in Cata however had different item tags and existed alongside each other, on PTR and live as different items sharing the same name as opposed to the old one being upgraded.
    Because, as you said, they had different item IDs. This item has the same ID with different stats on live and PTR. Thus, all existing copies of this item will be changed to the PTR version when the patch goes live.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivin View Post
    Because, as you said, they had different item IDs. This item has the same ID with different stats on live and PTR. Thus, all existing copies of this item will be changed to the PTR version when the patch goes live.
    I'm still leery about buying them up from the AH atm though, I don't wanna get burned if they make a last minute revision!

  10. #10
    Fluffy Kitten Rivin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Washington, USA
    Posts
    13,834
    Quote Originally Posted by Constellation View Post
    I'm still leery about buying them up from the AH atm though, I don't wanna get burned if they make a last minute revision!
    Wouldn't be much point to that. Since the new version is BoP, they would all be soulbound to you as soon as the patch went live.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivin View Post
    Wouldn't be much point to that. Since the new version is BoP, they would all be soulbound to you as soon as the patch went live.
    Buy them, distribute them accordingly (before patch goes live), all my plate heads are using 463s atm. But the maces are ~2-3k on my server

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Constellation View Post
    The old BoE drops from world bosses in Cata however had different item tags and existed alongside each other, on PTR and live as different items sharing the same name as opposed to the old one being upgraded.

    http://www.wowhead.com/item=67153
    vs
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=69843

    for example

    it's still to early to make a determination just yet, however
    Yes. They made a new item in this case. Just as i said.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Constellation View Post
    The old BoE drops from world bosses in Cata however had different item tags and existed alongside each other, on PTR and live as different items sharing the same name as opposed to the old one being upgraded.

    http://www.wowhead.com/item=67153
    vs
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=69843

    for example

    it's still to early to make a determination just yet, however
    Is wowhead down? I can't even look at them

    http://bit.ly/12e7MsQ <--- My New Monk Main

  14. #14
    Bloodsail Admiral Ryuji's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    A place, with stuff
    Posts
    1,053
    I'm thinking about buying one as well since Starshatter REFUSES to drop for my Paladin....this could help close the gap a little and these sell fairly decently on the AH on my server.

    The only thing is that even if the IDs are the same from live to PTR, I'm still skeptical whether or not it will change the stats. Maybe I should just buy one anyways. Hmm...
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakpoth View Post
    I find it unreasonable to ask for other than obvious reasons, when the reason obviously is the obvious reason.
    Song that's currently stuck in my head: Carbon Based Lifeforms - 20 Minutes https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WbPT1t-4gUs

  15. #15
    Mechagnome MisterSoup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Oxford, Ohio
    Posts
    609
    You're probably looking at the datamined itemization for item normalization in Challenge Modes or something. People are finding a lot of things like this lately.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •