Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
3
4
5
6
LastLast
  1. #81
    Pandaren Monk
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,763
    Quote Originally Posted by Suizid View Post
    Just to make sure you know that rogues were least played class in Cataclysm, too. So rogues were bad in Cataclysm?
    We were the JOINT least played class with Warlocks and sometimes Shamans dropped to as low as us but they usually climb up a % or 2 to stay above Rogues. (the class was always between 6-8%). Right now Rogues are almost 50% less than Warlocks and Warlocks r the next lowest class, theres been a massive change... therefore there is a clear and real fall in players playing Rogues and the data 100% shows this.

    Basically the lowest played class has taken a massive hit in players and their population has dropped to epidemic proportions... the main problem with this is that such a small playerbase gives the class a very small voice. Nobody will listen to such a small portion of Wowplayers...
    Last edited by Endemonadia; 2012-11-18 at 05:26 PM.

  2. #82
    Mechagnome Zippoflames's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Devon, England
    Posts
    575
    Ende did you quit wow because Rogues are now shit or another reason?
    I stopped my Rogue for MoP but it was purely I fancied a change and got lucky that Rogues were so bad now lol.

    Draenor ftw by the way!!

  3. #83
    Pandaren Monk
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,763
    Quote Originally Posted by Zippoflames View Post
    Ende did you quit wow because Rogues are now shit or another reason?
    I stopped my Rogue for MoP but it was purely I fancied a change and got lucky that Rogues were so bad now lol.

    Draenor ftw by the way!!
    Yo to fellow dreanors! lol

    Ive quit the game totally basically... runs out in december so i might login a couple of times b4 i go for good

    Ru someone i know? Your Rogues name?

  4. #84
    Quote Originally Posted by Reith View Post
    They got balanced, that's what happened.
    Rogues have essentially no representation. Rogues are the most imbalanced class in the game by an order of magnitude. It won't be a full factor of 10 once the nerfs hit the OP stuff, but they will still be awful.

  5. #85
    Bloodsail Admiral rashen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    1,222
    Quote Originally Posted by Reith View Post
    Casual players got used to rogues being easy to play in Cataclysm. Now that they require some modicum of skill, these players are having trouble adapting. In team play, Rogues are still good. Judging a Rogue's viability purely by the damage they do is stupid because they have more options to shut players down than any other class. They can use their CCs defensively as well as offensively.
    Except the fact that it was never the mechanics of the rogue that made it OP, it takes about the same amount of skill to play in MoP as it did in Cata in terms of mechanic's except you are more limited by your class now then before because of nerfs but nothing changed in core mechanics except things getting longer cooldowns and having to use rupture more.

    If you had a basic understanding of the class you'd know the class was fairly difficult to play even in cata at higher levels, you had to knew what you where doing if you wanted to go higher with it even during season 11.
    Last edited by rashen; 2012-11-19 at 01:19 AM.

  6. #86
    I am Murloc! Firebert's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Dat Ingurlund, brrrrrap
    Posts
    5,288
    Quote Originally Posted by Suizid View Post
    Doesn't matter when talking about class balance.
    So, class balance only matters to the minority. That much is obvious from forum browsing, but I'm having a hard time believing 5m+ players playing 11 classes and 34 specs don't want to play on a level playing field.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/1 | Mafia: 0/5/5 | TPR: 0/2/3
    SK: 0/1/1 | VT: 1.5/3.5/5 | Cult: 1/0/1
    Legendary Overlooked, Glyphmaster Gunhaver

  7. #87
    so the way i understand it

    all the wolk FoTM rets rerolled rogue in cata, and now all the cata FoTM rogues have rerolled warrior.

    am i wrong in this assumption?
    " I need a sec, my wrists hurt from spamming slam so hard. Playing cleave vs cleave is tough stuff guys"

  8. #88
    Quote Originally Posted by Firebert View Post
    So, class balance only matters to the minority. That much is obvious from forum browsing, but I'm having a hard time believing 5m+ players playing 11 classes and 34 specs don't want to play on a level playing field.
    So you're honestly saying with straight face that it matters what class/spec you play on 1500 rating? I'm pretty sure that every single spec in the game can achieve that even now.

  9. #89
    I am Murloc! Firebert's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Dat Ingurlund, brrrrrap
    Posts
    5,288
    Quote Originally Posted by Suizid View Post
    So you're honestly saying with straight face that it matters what class/spec you play on 1500 rating? I'm pretty sure that every single spec in the game can achieve that even now.
    It's the average for a reason, Suizid.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/1 | Mafia: 0/5/5 | TPR: 0/2/3
    SK: 0/1/1 | VT: 1.5/3.5/5 | Cult: 1/0/1
    Legendary Overlooked, Glyphmaster Gunhaver

  10. #90
    The Lightbringer The Caretaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Edinburgh, Scotland
    Posts
    3,170
    Quote Originally Posted by Suizid View Post
    Just to make sure you know that rogues were least played class in Cataclysm, too. So rogues were bad in Cataclysm?
    Warlocks were the least played class in Cataclysm; and by a distance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Well, it is possible for people, many people actually, to not think very highly of World of Warcraft. Those self same people may even consider other games in the genre superior due to their own subjective qualifiers. Qualifiers which are just as valid as the subjective qualifiers of those whom believe World of Warcraft is a "23 out of 10".

  11. #91
    Quote Originally Posted by kosechi View Post
    so the way i understand it

    all the wolk FoTM rets rerolled rogue in cata, and now all the cata FoTM rogues have rerolled warrior.

    am i wrong in this assumption?
    While this may or may not be correct, it is definitely incomplete. When R1 glad rogues like Reckful reroll warrior as well, it means that it's not only the scrubs who have left for a less sucky class.

  12. #92
    Quote Originally Posted by bt4 View Post
    but you have to also admit that this is only possible cause the other side doesnt know how to counter you. Most people don't know how killing spree works. Heck, i had people accusing me of hacking cause i used 2x cloak when infact the second "cloak" was just killing spree.
    lol yeah you've got a point - the number of people who try to CC me in a killing spree is pretty embarrassing. Perhaps we should stop duelling people so they don't learn how to counter what little 1v1 viability we have.

    Hi to fellow (ex?) Draenor rogues, come back soon pls it feels like I'm the only PVPing rogue on the server.
    Stormscale Horde EU | http://lastrogue.com

  13. #93
    Wait til the OP classes get nerfed, then rogues will probably seem a bit more balanced. Almost every class that currently brings all the burst is getting nerfed somewhere in 5.1.

    If they both buff rogues and follw through with the nerfs to the other classes, we are going to have a huge shift in overall class power, with rogues coming out ontop.

    Really, they can't be buffed. The other classes need to be reigned in.

  14. #94
    Quote Originally Posted by Suizid View Post
    So warriors were least played after first season in Cataclysm. With your logic I'm going to say, rogues are just fine now.
    when warriors were at their lest played, they were STILL played more then double what rogues are now. warriors at their worst, still hada place in cata.. I played my warr weekly in cata, and I always got in rbg groups, arms was still useful due to knockdown and prot was useful to FC.

  15. #95
    The Lightbringer The Caretaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Edinburgh, Scotland
    Posts
    3,170
    Quote Originally Posted by Raldazzar View Post
    when warriors were at their lest played, they were STILL played more then double what rogues are now. warriors at their worst, still hada place in cata.. I played my warr weekly in cata, and I always got in rbg groups, arms was still useful due to knockdown and prot was useful to FC.
    I daresay the overwhelming majority of warriors in RBG's were flag carriers; last season, a warrior brought literally nothing to the table in a conventional DPS role.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Well, it is possible for people, many people actually, to not think very highly of World of Warcraft. Those self same people may even consider other games in the genre superior due to their own subjective qualifiers. Qualifiers which are just as valid as the subjective qualifiers of those whom believe World of Warcraft is a "23 out of 10".

  16. #96
    Quote Originally Posted by Thylacine View Post
    I daresay the overwhelming majority of warriors in RBG's were flag carriers; last season, a warrior brought literally nothing to the table in a conventional DPS role.
    Not quite true, but even so they still had an niche they could fill because warriors effectively aren't pure dps. Having a tank specc makes them closer to hybrids then pure dps so they still had something they cold do. Also the biggest reason for why they weren't at their best wasn't them being inherently weak but both rogues and mages being damn strong while being (hard) counter to warriors.

  17. #97
    Stood in the Fire
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Portland, OR - USA
    Posts
    450
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Not quite true, but even so they still had an niche they could fill because warriors effectively aren't pure dps. Having a tank specc makes them closer to hybrids then pure dps so they still had something they cold do. Also the biggest reason for why they weren't at their best wasn't them being inherently weak but both rogues and mages being damn strong while being (hard) counter to warriors.
    Rogue's still have a minor place with Smokebomb...

    And to play a little counterpoint, I am still having fun playing my rogue right now (pretty casual, no real arena/rbg experience, so take my words with a grain of salt). There are times that I wished our class was a little stronger (mainly in the mobility department), but who doesn't?

  18. #98
    Quote Originally Posted by Endemonadia View Post
    This is the only point readers of this thread need to address...

    All the Rogue haters are coming on here saying "Rogues are fine now", "Rogues are perfectly balanced now", "Rogues were OP and theyre justqqing cos now theyre balanced". If this is the case why have they fallen to the lowest played class at lev90?
    (go here http://wow.realmpop.com/eu.html and change settings to lev90 to lev90)

    Why has the most famous Rogue whose played Rogue since Vanilla stopped playing Rogue and now playing Warrior for PvP?
    (Reckful)

    Why are Rogues the least played class in Arena right now?
    http://www.crossladder.com/arena/stats/

    People need to stop just spouting off their opinions on Rogues and start looking at the facts and data basically.

    ~Ende~
    I don't know, probably for the same reasons Rogue's were also the least played class before the nerfs.

    *~To change one's life: Start immediately. Do it flamboyantly.~*

  19. #99
    Stood in the Fire
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Portland, OR - USA
    Posts
    450
    Quote Originally Posted by muchtoohigh View Post
    I don't know, probably for the same reasons Rogue's were also the least played class before the nerfs.
    Eh, Rogues aren't an easy class to play well (although last season, they were kinda easy to play at a moderate level with gear), and neither are Warlocks. That is probably one of the reasons that both classes have low representation.

    I'll tell you, I've leveled a 90 Rogue, Feral Druid and BM Hunter in MoP so far, and the Feral Druid feels way more mobile than the Rogue and the BM feels really strong when cooldowns are going. I still enjoy playing the Rogue, and it is my main, but I'm a Rogue lover at heart, and that's probably never going to change. (Rogue was my main in all expansions/vanilla except for my Hunter in BC).

  20. #100
    Quote Originally Posted by Thylacine View Post
    Warlocks were the least played class in Cataclysm; and by a distance.
    No. Rogues were the least played class until the final tier of Cata, when they gained enough numbers to barely edge locks out. It was never "by a distance". When locks were finally listed as the least played class, and the warlocks went to the forum to cry about that, a blue post said definitively that locks were NOT the least played class. By Blizzard metrics, it is definitely rogues.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •