Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
2
3
4
5
LastLast
  1. #61
    Quote Originally Posted by Forsedar View Post
    Are we seriously arguing over if Cartel Packs are illegal gambling or not?

    Cut it out. This is a stupid argument all together. Its chance - which is completely different than 'gambling'. How is this different than buying mounts in WoW for $25? Sure, the mount is guaranteed but the Cartel Packs also guarantee items. It tells you what you might get in them. Stop this useless bickering.
    Aren't they trying to ban dragonvale in europe cause its "gambling" or something?
    Its completely silly. If you have money to piss away go for it.
    Lv30 (Warframe) - Zephyr - Boltor Prime - Lex Prime - Dakra Prime - Silver Hunter -
    Lv40 (Firefall) All Battleframes
    Lv60 (Neverwinter) - Rogue - Fighter - Wizard - Guardian - Cleric -

  2. #62
    Quote Originally Posted by hk-51 View Post
    Aren't they trying to ban dragonvale in europe cause its "gambling" or something?
    Its completely silly. If you have money to piss away go for it.
    Its something fun to enjoy if you subscribe since you get monthly Cartel Points to spend on whatever you choose. I don't understand the need to attack something that is actually positive for the game. I thought they were fun because it was like opening up a pack of Pokemon cards as a child with a bunch of friends and then trading all of the items between each other. The novelty will wear off but it was exciting while it lasted.

  3. #63
    Quote Originally Posted by Forsedar View Post
    Are we seriously arguing over if Cartel Packs are illegal gambling or not?

    Cut it out. This is a stupid argument all together. Its chance - which is completely different than 'gambling'. How is this different than buying mounts in WoW for $25? Sure, the mount is guaranteed but the Cartel Packs also guarantee items. It tells you what you might get in them. Stop this useless bickering.
    Wow, you woke up on the wrong side or something? Seriously expected more from Mods around here than to first tell us it's a stupid argument to then argue against it and to wrap it up tell us stop talking about it.

    Sir, step of your high horse.
    Active PoE: @MajorAsshole EvE: Redblade (Reikoku)
    Inactive D3: Armory Rift: Alyssaa @ Icewatch SWTOR: Redblade @ ToFN WoW: My graveyard of characters.
    People just do the strangest things when they believe they're entitled. But they do even stranger things when they just plain believe. - Kevin Smith

  4. #64
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamos77 View Post
    Always happy to entertain but it happens to be true. There are thousands playing on my server (EU Red Eclipse). If facts amuse you then I have a truckload more for ya..../opens up an Encyclopædia...ready?
    Are you a Rep or an Imp on Red Eclipse? On that server myself (Imp).

  5. #65
    Quote Originally Posted by Alyssa View Post
    Wow, you woke up on the wrong side or something? Seriously expected more from Mods around here than to first tell us it's a stupid argument to then argue against it and to wrap it up tell us stop talking about it.

    Sir, step of your high horse.
    Its a pointless argument. If you have a problem with me, please PM Sunshine.

  6. #66
    Quote Originally Posted by Forsedar View Post
    Its a pointless argument. If you have a problem with me, please PM Sunshine.
    It wasn't an argument, it was a thought and a question about the legality of the product, I really can't see how that would be pointless in a thread about cartel packs.

    And I don't have a problem with you, I have a problem with the behavior in your post, being a mod I don't know if you seriously told us to stop having a civil discussion or if it was just your view, if it's the former then I do have an issue as it's abuse of power to make your argument against something and then tell people to stop arguing it.

    But hey I'll leave your section alone, have fun deciding what's valid and pointless arguments.
    Active PoE: @MajorAsshole EvE: Redblade (Reikoku)
    Inactive D3: Armory Rift: Alyssaa @ Icewatch SWTOR: Redblade @ ToFN WoW: My graveyard of characters.
    People just do the strangest things when they believe they're entitled. But they do even stranger things when they just plain believe. - Kevin Smith

  7. #67
    Quote Originally Posted by iceberg265 View Post
    WHY OH WHY did Bioware make Cartel Packs so damn addicting! I am struggling so hard to resist buying more coins just so I can get more packs..

    Must...resist...Cartel Packs...
    You got lucky, I should have close to 1500 coins, but somehow ended up with only 100 today. Where the coins went I have no idea but I won't log back on until the issue is fixed, which probably means never at this point.

  8. #68
    Mechagnome Ixator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Scandinavia
    Posts
    658
    Im down 105 euros now on cartel packs :S But, no worries, ppl are selling the nihilus mask for 3 mils so dont need to buy any more yay.
    SWTOR: Loveray Legacy @ Tomb of Freedon Nadd | Toyboy • Spray • Loveshot • Thrilldrill • Seax • Penetro • Hotgun • Lustro
    FFXIV ARR: Thrill Drill | Odin EU
    • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •
    Swtor eyecandy mm-mmmm! :Þ~

  9. #69
    Quote Originally Posted by Ixator View Post
    Im down 105 euros now on cartel packs :S But, no worries, ppl are selling the nihilus mask for 3 mils so dont need to buy any more yay.
    Really? I guess I was being extremely nice. I sold the Nihilus mask for 1.3 million.

  10. #70
    300 packs.. no nihilus mask nor any white crystal, I think I'm done with the "hype".

  11. #71
    Buy to win ftl.
    ...and then...fucking ponies everywhere.

  12. #72
    Quote Originally Posted by Angry Bob View Post
    Buy to win ftl.
    This really isn't pay to win... since the stuff you are getting does not affect anything and is purely cosmetic.

  13. #73
    Quote Originally Posted by Forsedar View Post
    This really isn't pay to win... since the stuff you are getting does not affect anything and is purely cosmetic.
    Ah, my bad then. I read someone bought purple items and I assumed they had actual stats.
    ...and then...fucking ponies everywhere.

  14. #74
    Warchief Statix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    2,001
    I just logged on after having had a subscription for five consecutive months before the July 2012 mark, yet I did not have a single Cartel point.

    After reading all the restrictions, there isn't much to do. Preferred Status, great, but it's unplayable. Thought I could use the F2P to finally, slowly level up all 8 characters (four Empire and four Republic) to experience all class stories, but with the reduced experience gain, that's not going to happen. Even if that restriction wasn't there, I'd still only be able to have two characters. So, if I wanted to experience all class stories, I'd have to level a character and then delete it before I can start with the next one. That's actually the one thing I was looking forward to, because endgame would be impossible with F2P (or Preferred Status), it would have been perfect to focus on just leveling other characters. No chance that's going to happen now.

    Great effort, but poor execution. I understand the restrictions on endgame content, but minimizing experience gain? Only three Flashpoints per week? So even just enjoying your class in Flashpoints once a day isn't possible.

    Preferred Status atleast deserves more character slots enabled, access to more Flashpoints each week and a higher experience gain than F2P.
    Statix will suffice.

  15. #75
    Quote Originally Posted by Angry Bob View Post
    Ah, my bad then. I read someone bought purple items and I assumed they had actual stats.
    The game is pay to win, you cant equip the best gear unless you sub or buy the 1200 cp upgrade to wear them.

  16. #76
    Quote Originally Posted by FruitBat69 View Post
    The game is pay to win, you cant equip the best gear unless you sub or buy the 1200 cp upgrade to wear them.
    I guess you can call any game with a trial "pay to win" since you need to subscribe in order to benefit.

    ---------- Post added 2012-11-19 at 04:55 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Angry Bob View Post
    Ah, my bad then. I read someone bought purple items and I assumed they had actual stats.
    The purple items don't have anything in them other than some very bad color crystal lol. They are purely cosmetic.

  17. #77
    Quote Originally Posted by FruitBat69 View Post
    The game is pay to win, you cant equip the best gear unless you sub or buy the 1200 cp upgrade to wear them.
    I would not consider that pay to win. Althoug you certainly dont stand a chance in this games endgame if you dont lose some money on it, I guess we can all agree that SWTOR is clearly still a sub based game and the "f2p" is only f2p by name and in reality a glorified trial version.


    but there are other pay to win issues at thand, you can buy endgame color crystals from the store and you can sell anything you buy from the store at the GNT, which is basically indirect goldselling, and since SWTOR is a game where you can buy top gear from the GNT next to consumables, this can be considered pay to win. but both are minor issues, the crystals are very easy to get and serve mainly cosmetic purposes, and selling cartel stuff on the GNT is a pain and inredibly espensive and not nearly worth it. so I am fine with that. there are some issues, but all in all the pay to win influence in SWTOR is very low.

  18. #78
    Quote Originally Posted by FruitBat69 View Post
    The game is pay to win, you cant equip the best gear unless you sub or buy the 1200 cp upgrade to wear them.
    Actually, even with the 1200 upgrade, you can't wear the best gear.
    Lv30 (Warframe) - Zephyr - Boltor Prime - Lex Prime - Dakra Prime - Silver Hunter -
    Lv40 (Firefall) All Battleframes
    Lv60 (Neverwinter) - Rogue - Fighter - Wizard - Guardian - Cleric -

  19. #79
    Quote Originally Posted by iceberg265 View Post
    I know...I have always thought gambling was stupid, but these packs man...So hard to resist.
    While I have nothing actually constructive to add on the topic (greedy EA, maybe), I just wanted to say that I laughed at your signature. It's like you're trying to say Tupac is good. Haha.

    EDIT: people saying the game is Pay to Win, what did you expect from EA? Did you expect it to actually become free? Come on.
    I'm not a native English speaker, and yet, I don't suck at English. The argument "English is not my mother tongue" doesn't actually give you an excuse to do so.

  20. #80
    Quote Originally Posted by Angry Bob View Post
    Ah, my bad then. I read someone bought purple items and I assumed they had actual stats.
    Those "stats" are pre-level 50 armoring/mods etc. Who cares if they help a little in leveling...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •