Page 1 of 4
1
2
3
... LastLast
  1. #1

    I don't know why people are upset about 2 quick bars when you can get 6 so easily.

    let's see..

    Open up Cartel Market Unlock Tab..

    Unlocking all 6 bars will cost you 1000 cartel points..

    1050 cartel points is 9.99 USD.

    Are you friggin tell me that you can't spare 2 big mac meal to unlock all 6 bars permanently?
    Last edited by Semihage; 2012-11-18 at 06:45 AM.

  2. #2
    High Overlord -Azax-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Blizzcon City, California
    Posts
    106
    Quote Originally Posted by Semihage View Post
    let's see..

    Open up Cartel Market Unlock Tab..

    Unlocking all 6 bars will cost you 250 cartel points..

    450 cartel points is 4.99 USD.

    Are you friggin tell me that you can't spare 1 big mac meal to unlock all 6 bars permanently?
    Screenshot for proof? i read that it was more like 7 dollars per action bar.

  3. #3
    I think it's more off the fact they are charging for basic UI functions, restrict the game and give some incentive to sub sure, but restricting basic UI functions and raising vendor prices for wanting to try the game?
    Get a grip Bioware

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Azax24 View Post
    Screenshot for proof? i read that it was more like 7 dollars per action bar.
    Ah n/m.. it's 250 per bar.. So it's 9.99 (1050 point = 9.99.. you only need to buy this 4 times since you can only have max 6 bars and you already have two).

    Still.. 2 big mac meal...

    Picture Proof: http://imgur.com/Iwwiy


    ---------- Post added 2012-11-18 at 06:31 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by JohnPhillip View Post
    I think it's more off the fact they are charging for basic UI functions, restrict the game and give some incentive to sub sure, but restricting basic UI functions and raising vendor prices for wanting to try the game?
    Get a grip Bioware
    Well I see completely free game as more or less a "demo" of a game.. Seriously. with only 4 bars I can play this game from 1-50 easily. And there is no monthly fee requirement for access.. So.. why not?

    ---------- Post added 2012-11-18 at 06:39 AM ----------

    Last edited by Semihage; 2012-11-18 at 06:46 AM.

  5. #5
    As long as the increased income generated by the cartel market will be reflected ingame with more content etc. I'm fine with it.

  6. #6
    Its rather about the principle/the message, than the amount of money. people would still complain even if it was only 3 dollars.
    I wonder what it would cost to unlock everything to make this a decently playable singlplayer game. not all the unlocks (4 bars suffice, for instance), but just enough to make the singleplayer content decently playable. I think it'll be a reasonable sum.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Psychlon View Post
    As long as the increased income generated by the cartel market will be reflected ingame with more content etc. I'm fine with it.
    Except it most likely won't. Like someone said in a previous thread, SWTOR has had 300-500 million dollars in development and has little to show for it.
    Check out what I'm selling in ESO HERE!

    Interested in joining the MMO-Champion US guild? Whisper me in-game! @greevir

  8. #8
    oh god big mac. i'd like that. 2 even! i want to pig out ;<
    Im a sub so i don't need bars

  9. #9
    A game typically costs 40-50e, and an expansion pack 30-40e. If I pay 10e for extra content, I want it to be the equivalent of 10-20% of a full game, not 0,0001% of a game. Applies to all extra paid content such as DLC, not just this particular case.
    Last edited by paraalso; 2012-11-18 at 01:21 PM.

  10. #10
    Titan Kelimbror's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Tír na nÓg
    Posts
    12,857
    Quote Originally Posted by Semihage View Post
    Unlocking all 6 bars will cost you 1000 cartel points..

    1050 cartel points is 9.99 USD.
    People like you are the reason why systems like this are built to take advantage of people. This thread makes me sick. There is a low price point that would have negated the 'ethically wrong' decision to demand something like this be paid for, but it is nowhere close to $10.

  11. #11
    The Patient reffan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Katowice, Upper Silesia
    Posts
    263
    Quote Originally Posted by Semihage View Post
    let's see..

    Open up Cartel Market Unlock Tab..

    Unlocking all 6 bars will cost you 1000 cartel points..

    1050 cartel points is 9.99 USD.

    Are you friggin tell me that you can't spare 2 big mac meal to unlock all 6 bars permanently?
    Because you need to pay to have access to such basic thing as action bars? It's one of the most ridiculous things I've ever seen in free2play game!
    And also, it cost 250 cartel points for ONE action bar for ONE character. It's about ~700 CP to unlock ONE for the whole account. Now, do the math.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Greevir View Post
    Except it most likely won't. Like someone said in a previous thread, SWTOR has had 300-500 million dollars in development and has little to show for it.
    how much do you think has BW/EA earned yet with this game? It had ~2 million inital buyers and as far as I know still 500k+ subs. And has it really cost over 300 million? I'd really like to have some hard numbers, but I wouldnt call this game a financial flop, yet.

  13. #13
    One does not need 6 bars!!! I can't eve fill 4 up! >_< even if switching speccs a lot, I can see about 4 full. It seems so overkill!

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    People like you are the reason why systems like this are built to take advantage of people. This thread makes me sick. There is a low price point that would have negated the 'ethically wrong' decision to demand something like this be paid for, but it is nowhere close to $10.
    Basic functionality should ALWAYS be available for everyone and there is no low enough price point for these things, however I don't care about 6 bars though as it seems a bit over the top, 4 would be enough, but limiting action bars at all is not only questionable, but plain wrong.
    These kinds of issues EA has put up has put me in a spot where I now discourage people from playing the game, because lets face it, limiting these kinds of things has shown EA to be incompetent on the management level and an extremely petty company, and not worth attention nor funding.
    "there n point in arguing coz everyone has there own opinion" - WoW/Alterac Valley - Random guy

  15. #15
    People keep saying "it's plain wrong"

    But what's right? Charging 15 bucks per month just so that you can log into WoW/RIFT and sometimes just to chat.. Is that right? Charging 59.99 just so that you can log into D2/GW2.. Is that right?...

    At certain point you have to look at the price point and the stuff you are getting and then ask yourself, compare to other games I have bought, does this money seems like worth it? I would say yes... Why not.. I can easily play the game from 1-25 with only 2 bars.. and if I enjoy what I am doing, I don't mind throw in 10 bucks so I can unlock the whole 6 bars permanently.

    F2P really is just like the shareware demo back in the 90s.. In another word, there is nothing brand new about this kind of pricing strategy.

  16. #16
    Titan Kelimbror's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Tír na nÓg
    Posts
    12,857
    Quote Originally Posted by Rabid View Post
    Basic functionality should ALWAYS be available for everyone and there is no low enough price point for these things
    I didn't specify, but I was literally thinking $0.50 to unlock them all. Even as ridiculous as these restrictions are, if unlocking them was that little a price, which could maybe amount to $25 or less to remove all restrictions, but then still play for free, I would consider that a discounted box price and not worth complaining about.

    The problem is they didn't spend any time creating unique things for the shop, they just slapped some ugly ass old models a couple of items in the boxes and then decided there wasn't enough to make money so they restricted everything else. Clearly they don't want to put in the work required to give people a reason to spend money. Fucking typical for this game from the get go.

  17. #17
    The Patient reffan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Katowice, Upper Silesia
    Posts
    263
    Quote Originally Posted by Semihage View Post
    People keep saying "it's plain wrong"

    But what's right? Charging 15 bucks per month just so that you can log into WoW/RIFT and sometimes just to chat.. Is that right? Charging 59.99 just so that you can log into D2/GW2.. Is that right?...

    At certain point you have to look at the price point and the stuff you are getting and then ask yourself, compare to other games I have bought, does this money seems like worth it? I would say yes... Why not.. I can easily play the game from 1-25 with only 2 bars.. and if I enjoy what I am doing, I don't mind throw in 10 bucks so I can unlock the whole 6 bars permanently.

    F2P really is just like the shareware demo back in the 90s.. In another word, there is nothing brand new about this kind of pricing strategy.
    As I said before, it is ten bucks only for one character. For whole account it's much more, as it cost 700 cartel coins per bar for account.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by reffan View Post
    As I said before, it is ten bucks only for one character. For whole account it's much more, as it cost 700 cartel coins per bar for account.
    Yeah but for 1 character it's only 10 bucks which gives you like what? 30-40 hours of game play? And you can easily do group finder contents (3 per week isn't so bad for casuals)

    Even if you want all account, that's 25 bucks one time charge.. Still far less than most games we have to pay for...

    And like many have said, you can do fine with just 4 bars.. which is... 15 bucks for the entire account. Or just 10 bucks if only want to F2P on one server with maximum 2 characters.

    The thing you have to keep in mind is.. All these are ONE TIME CHARGE and you get to keep them FOREVER! It's far better deal than WoW/RIFT.
    Last edited by Semihage; 2012-11-18 at 03:55 PM.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Snorkle View Post
    One does not need 6 bars!!! I can't eve fill 4 up! >_< even if switching speccs a lot, I can see about 4 full. It seems so overkill!
    Yes because everyone is like you

  20. #20
    Arlee -
    Can you lock this thread? Nothing good can come of it. troll bait.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •