Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
LastLast
  1. #21
    There won't be an expansion without a level increase. It serves a purpose in leveling the playfield and keeping people from getting hardcapped on crit.

  2. #22
    Bloodsail Admiral Yuuki Asuna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Lake Outside Coral Village
    Posts
    1,212
    I have a theory that within the next 4-6 years, WoW will get a revamp to be up to today's (2016-18) standards. I'm just saying. I'm the type of player that looks for gameplay over graphics. But I see more and more people starting to complain about outdated models and graphics that I can see Blizzard making this type of change depending if WoW is still as popular in those years. We all know the updated models are coming. But as of the whole world of WoW? I'm sure they will do the same.
    I cried alone every single night. It felt like every day that passed here stole another piece of my real life away. After i cried, I’d go and fight as hard as I could. My only thought was winning, moving forward, and getting stronger. — Asuna Yuuki

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Lokoz View Post
    My feeling is that before we hit level 95 or 100 there will be a revamp expansion which will release the rest of the updated models and hopefully weapon models and such.

    (Of course this is guessing that dwarfs - humans and orcs get put into MoP mid expansion like they unofficially said they would be")
    They said they MIGHT.

    And that's if they decide to do them in batch releases, rather than all of the races at once.

  4. #24
    It's a joke but I really hope they go back to the 10 levels per expansion thing. 5 levels just feels so...off. Like all that trekking through new lands was for a lot less than it should have been.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-860 @2.8GHz | Radeon HD 7770 | 8GB DDR3-1333MHz | Corsair CX 430W |

  5. #25
    Yeah it's probably just a joke or something. I know for certain that I read somewhere a while ago that they were going to put out 2 more xpacs. One for 95 and the next for 100. Which makes sense I guess. But maybe not. Who's to say the level cap has to be 100?

  6. #26
    What's wrong with WoW's graphics? It's unique and suits the game very well.

    I'm sorry but I don't want super amazing realism in WoW, the graphics they have now are perfectly fine. If they did a massive revamp to completely change the graphics it just wouldn't be the same game anymore.

    Sure they can update models and add more polygons as tech allows, but aren't they doing this with each expansion anyway? Sure, add some polish, but leave the looks of WoW alone, they don't need changing at all.

    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Shininglight View Post
    I have a theory that within the next 4-6 years, WoW will get a revamp to be up to today's (2016-18) standards. I'm just saying. I'm the type of player that looks for gameplay over graphics. But I see more and more people starting to complain about outdated models and graphics that I can see Blizzard making this type of change depending if WoW is still as popular in those years. We all know the updated models are coming. But as of the whole world of WoW? I'm sure they will do the same.
    Yeah I really hope you're right. While I'm happy with WoW as it is, no one ever said "Gee, I wish the graphics to this game were worse." When they finally get around to this (and that could be a long ways off) they'll probably give you the option if you want the new, cool models or the old school ones. That's what Everquest did and it seemed to work out okay.

  8. #28
    Legendary! Evil Inside's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Down Under
    Posts
    6,922
    Quote Originally Posted by Findus707 View Post
    there are 2more expansions, 95 is next and the last is 100, simple math.
    Yeah, simple math. And 100 is just a number, they will keep pushing expansions as long as its profitable to do so, and with WoW's subs that will be for a while yet.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||HD6970/HD6950 crossfire|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||3x 1tb Western Digital HDD||

    Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by Vakna View Post
    What's wrong with WoW's graphics? It's unique and suits the game very well.

    I'm sorry but I don't want super amazing realism in WoW, the graphics they have now are perfectly fine. If they did a massive revamp to completely change the graphics it just wouldn't be the same game anymore.

    Sure they can update models and add more polygons as tech allows, but aren't they doing this with each expansion anyway? Sure, add some polish, but leave the looks of WoW alone, they don't need changing at all.
    I agree that I wouldn't want WoW to look too real. Some games are better off with that cartoonish feel and there's nothing wrong with that. But I have to say...the graphics are pretty damn outdated now and a complete graphic overhaul couldn't hurt as long as they didn't try to make it look too real. Or maybe I'm just bitching because I have a computer that could handle a massive upgrade.

  10. #30
    A complete overhaul on a game this size though would take literally years. Are people really willing to sacrifice 2-3 years of new content to recreate a graphics set that already suits the game just fine?

    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

  11. #31
    Moderator MoanaLisa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Pacific Northwest, USA
    Posts
    10,376
    Quote Originally Posted by Radoria View Post
    Yeah it's probably just a joke or something. I know for certain that I read somewhere a while ago that they were going to put out 2 more xpacs. One for 95 and the next for 100. Which makes sense I guess. But maybe not. Who's to say the level cap has to be 100?
    Probably what you read was something along the lines that they know what the next two expansions will be about and are planning them now. That's not quite the same thing as saying they will be the last two expansions. Well, really...it's not even close to saying that.

    It's a basic fact which I find myself somewhat amazed and amused to keep repeating but as long as WoW is the money machine that it is for Blizzard, there will be expansion packs and levels well above 100.
    If you have anything to contribute to a thread topic, please do so. Discussing moderation or calling out specific people is against the rules and makes a post liable for an infraction. Please report problem posts. If anyone is unclear about the rules please read our FAQ. Thanks.

    It's a magical world, Hobbes, ol' buddy...let's go exploring!

  12. #32
    The Lightbringer Raugnaut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Frogspoison#1419 Battletag
    Posts
    3,482
    Blizz likes to do them little jokes. Why, back before the new armory went live, 404 error (Not found) stated something like "Four, oh four! This page can not be found anywhere. (Is this what happens to little pages that wonders into the forest?)". Theres a couple other ones too, none of them memorable though, but blizz likes silly.
    Anyone ever notice how the sun seems to shine silverish now? Didn't it used to shine goldish? PM me if you've noticed this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

  13. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by Findus707 View Post
    there are 2more expansions, 95 is next and the last is 100, simple math.
    There won't be only 2 expansions.

  14. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by Findus707 View Post
    there are 2more expansions, 95 is next and the last is 100, simple math.
    Odd how you mix up the phrases simple math and wild speculation.

    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

  15. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by jd812 View Post
    no Blizzard has said that as long as there are people to keep playing that they will keep making expansions. No where does it say they have to stop at level 100. And no where does it say that the next expansion has to only be 5 levels.
    This. Jeez when people will understand it.

  16. #36
    Brewmaster Marston's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    1,436
    Quote Originally Posted by Vakna View Post
    What's wrong with WoW's graphics? It's unique and suits the game very well.

    I'm sorry but I don't want super amazing realism in WoW, the graphics they have now are perfectly fine. If they did a massive revamp to completely change the graphics it just wouldn't be the same game anymore.

    Sure they can update models and add more polygons as tech allows, but aren't they doing this with each expansion anyway? Sure, add some polish, but leave the looks of WoW alone, they don't need changing at all.
    If they update their models it doesn't mean WoW would look more realistic. Just less ugly. For example, take a look at Wildstar. It also has a cartoonish look, but it looks much better then WoW currently does, especially the models. If they would update the graphic/models of WoW, I would expect it too look more like this. Still the WoW Cartoon style, just "better".

  17. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by Marston View Post
    If they update their models it doesn't mean WoW would look more realistic. Just less ugly. For example, take a look at Wildstar. It also has a cartoonish look, but it looks much better then WoW currently does, especially the models. If they would update the graphic/models of WoW, I would expect it too look more like this. Still the WoW Cartoon style, just "better".
    They update WoWs graphics with every expansion. But if the system requirements are too high it'll mean a lot of players can't play or have to buy new machines.

  18. #38
    Dreadlord ipoststuff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    The Internet
    Posts
    828
    I think 100 might be the last expension. The reason they didnt increase level cap by 10 in cata was as they said they didnt wanna hit lvl100 this soon. If they were gonna get over 100 they wouldnt reduce the levels per expension to 5.

  19. #39
    Legendary! Sigma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    England, Earth, Sol Star System, Milkyway Galaxy
    Posts
    6,864
    at level 100, do all the gnomes get pulled together by magnets (how the F**K do they get there?) in there bums, and then there heads explode with the resulting mulch of skull and gnome brains congealing into the form of one of the titans ?

    No ? Shame. Then no need to worry about level 100. its a joke on there error screens.

  20. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by ipoststuff View Post
    I think 100 might be the last expension. The reason they didnt increase level cap by 10 in cata was as they said they didnt wanna hit lvl100 this soon. If they were gonna get over 100 they wouldnt reduce the levels per expension to 5.
    That's stupid. They won't stop at level 100 just because it's 100. They'll stop when it isn't profitable enough anymore. Even if level 100 is the final level, they can still make expansions after that. I think they slowed the level gain down because they want us to hit 100 in a certain expansion, for whatever reason that might be. Maybe the expansion will have a very strong core element of WoW, like the Burning Legion.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •