Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Northrend Safari - Arctic Fox Kit

Hello guys,

I am trying to get my hands on this battle pet to finish my Northrend Safari but I am having problems with the snow in Storm Peaks.
    Today I already spent 6 hours camping this zone waiting for a miracle (snow) and no luck. In the last days, I've already found Dirkee twice and Vyragosa once and not a single snow flake.

Does anyone know what is the timers on the Snow, what time does it snow or if its random?

Thanks a lot,
    ~ Pandamorium
    | Realm First Monk | Dragonflight Beta Tester ( ty Blizzard! ) |

Think it's pretty random, at least people seem to be finding them at completely different times. I've also heard people say they found theirs when it WASN'T snowing, but this might just be because the snowfall can be VERY light at times and they'll still spawn, or they might start spawning a few minutes before the snow actually arrives.

...so basically I have no useful information, other than the old "keep trying and you'll get it eventually"

IF you have real ID friends on diff servers you can jump servers every hour or so to see if its snowing there. Other then that i think weather is pretty random
    I play many games. WoW, Rift, D3, PoE, SC2 I will not criticize your game choice if you don't mine.

10+ Year Old Account
    According to what I read somewhere in the Internet, those Arctic Fox Kits will stay alive 1 - 2 minutes after snow but snow is damn hard to see.

I think I'll sit here and eventually I'll get it + TLPD, since my server is not affected by CRZ

Totally random, as fa as I know. I've been in Tanaris for a while, myself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizz has stated that they have a few qualifiers for weather so that you cant predict it. (Like X pattern for if it COULD, and then a Y pattern for if it wants to). No suck luck.

You could try having some crossrealm buddies check their Storm Peaks and invite you over when it's snowing?

10+ Year Old Account
    All my friends are playing on the same server, so I can't "jump" between servers to check if it's snowing or not :P

10+ Year Old Account
    I got mine by chance. The snow is very hard to see, I got mine in Valkyrion. It was incredibly snowy while flying over the mountains and thought I would see if there were any foxes. After crossing the mountain range it appeared to stop snowing. I saw the foxes and ran over, got one (rare at that). I noticed that it was in fact snowing, I just couldn't tell while I was on the ground, or flying low.

When I was working on that cheeb, I just left an alt parked in the fields at the northwest part of the zone,near the giant statue and logged on to it every once in a while. One time I logged on, it was snowing, and kits literally everywhere.

It also helps to have characters on multiple servers. Despite CRZ bunching servers together, all my alts on diff servers all ended up in different CRZs and all have different things up at different times. That is the single best way to get pets, having alts on multiple servers and just cycling through them once in a while.

I currently have ALL the capturable pets except the guardling which only spawns in summer. And i'll get him soon as his time comes.
    I like ponies and I really don't care what you have to say about that.

I just parked an alt in Storm Peaks and checked him a couple of times a day. Same with the other two weather pets. I had one of each within two weeks of the start of my search, although this is, admittedly, very much luck-based.

It is much less frustrating than camping and waiting on the right weather. And you can't get the Zookeeper title until summer, anyway, thanks to the Guardling, so there's no real rush.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawnshadow View Post
    I just parked an alt in Storm Peaks and checked him a couple of times a day. Same with the other two weather pets. I had one of each within two weeks of the start of my search, although this is, admittedly, very much luck-based.

It is much less frustrating than camping and waiting on the right weather. And you can't get the Zookeeper title until summer, anyway, thanks to the Guardling, so there's no real rush.
    Rush to get the owl though since it's winter only
    Also try to grab those minfernals on server restarts and such
    I like ponies and I really don't care what you have to say about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Dasani View Post
    And after you get your minfernal, do the same thing for the scourged whelplings in icecrown.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ogait View Post
    Hello guys,

I am trying to get my hands on this battle pet to finish my Northrend Safari but I am having problems with the snow in Storm Peaks.
    Today I already spent 6 hours camping this zone waiting for a miracle (snow) and no luck. In the last days, I've already found Dirkee twice and Vyragosa once and not a single snow flake.

Does anyone know what is the timers on the Snow, what time does it snow or if its random?

Thanks a lot,
    ~ Pandamorium
    no timers, it's 100% random. Weathers usually trigger several times per day, but they CAN be absent for days.

Best thing to do is just park an alt there, and check every now and then. That's how I got that one, monkey and the silithid hatchling. Prevents you from going mad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Another tip, team up with a pet crazy guildie. We each made DKs on seperate servers. The only problem is you want to make sure that they do share CRZs. What I mean is don't camp a oceanic server and have your friend camp a latin server. We couldn't get this to work or I would have the baby ape days ago lol.

If a pet you need pops have your friend start the battle, meet up with them they can alt+f4 out and you can get it. We have been doing this for about 2 days. Between the two of us we both have minfernals (i got mine by fluke from the server resets today, but she did get hers from scoping out different servers) Both have the fox kit, I got mine by chance again, but she got her's from us both camping different servers for her, Both have Silithid hatchling from us camping, she has the baby ape which we are currently camping 4 different servers for so I can get mine. Both have the tiny twister, um we pretty have all the hard to get ones at this point.

When I say camp I mean we just log onto the various servers and hang out for a few minutes, no more then that. It really works

EDIT:Forgot the scourged whelpling, both have those as well, got those in the same way
    Last edited by Issalice; 2012-11-21 at 04:57 AM.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Scourged Whelpling and Artic Fox Kit, oh how I long for thee...

Also, I am sad to say I accidentally killed the one-and-only Minfernal I saw with a "lucky" crit. >.<

Quote Originally Posted by Furkel View Post
    Think it's pretty random, at least people seem to be finding them at completely different times. I've also heard people say they found theirs when it WASN'T snowing, but this might just be because the snowfall can be VERY light at times and they'll still spawn, or they might start spawning a few minutes before the snow actually arrives.

...so basically I have no useful information, other than the old "keep trying and you'll get it eventually"
    Every report I have seen about people catching it while it isn't snowing the person ends up going back on it and saying after they looked closely at their screen they saw that it was snowing, just was hard to see.

---------- Post added 2012-12-17 at 05:48 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by DocQuantum View Post

Also, I am sad to say I accidentally killed the one-and-only Minfernal I saw with a "lucky" crit. >.<
    So long as it isn't the only pet you are in combat with (and I can't remember if that's the case with Minfernal but I'm assuming not), if you accidentally kill the thing you want to catch and it isn't the last pet in the fight, you can logout/login and it will take you out of the fight and reset it.

---------- Post added 2012-12-17 at 05:49 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Dasani View Post
    I thought they did the same as Galleon with these so they no longer immediately spawn after a server restart?
    Warlock Soloing & Progress | FC: 4141-3143-3405 | Metang, Mawile, and Klefki

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jaymzkerten View Post
    I thought they did the same as Galleon with these so they no longer immediately spawn after a server restart?
    they did and you cant...

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jaymzkerten View Post
    So long as it isn't the only pet you are in combat with (and I can't remember if that's the case with Minfernal but I'm assuming not), if you accidentally kill the thing you want to catch and it isn't the last pet in the fight, you can logout/login and it will take you out of the fight and reset it.
    So I have been told... but I didn't find out about that trick until the next day. (This was "early" in my pet battling.)

Quote Originally Posted by DocQuantum View Post

Grabbed Whelpling and Fox Kit this morning.
    Just after server came back up. Saw 2 Whelp battles and saw another person log in and rush to the 1 while i claimed the other.
    Got a shitty quality Whelp.
    /Undead Stone used
    Rare Whelp... Woooooohooo..

By the same coincidence. It was snowing in Stormpeaks.
    <3 <3 <3 <3
    Grabbed a terrible quality Fox. Probably going to rehunt it for uncommon or better

Deleted
    If you're struggling to get pets and you're on EU make a dk on Sporreggar or w/e it's spelt. I got minfernal, scourged whelping (was a pain to run to as a 55 dk but got it) onyxian whelping, giraffee calf all within like 15 mins. No one on that server so it's quite nice