Wizard CM Stun Build discussion

So I've been playing around with various CM-stunlock builds on my Wizard, and I just wanted to...I dunno, discuss them I guess.

I was originally using the standard build, with Living Lightning/Wicked Wind as my attacks, but just now I tried switching Living Lightning to Healing Blades(Spectral Blade), and hoooooooly shit, was it an improvement.

In MP4, I just started tearing through everything with Spectral Blade's insane damage. Normal mob groups would go down in <2 sec, elites less than 30-45 sec.(depending on afflixes, of course) It just seems to do a ridiculous amount of damage compared to Shock Pulse. That, and with Healing Blades giving me 5% lifesteal, I could easily heal up very quickly. Of course, my Oculus offhand gives me +10% Spectral Blade damage, so that could be the reason why the damage seems to be so damn high compared to Shock Pulse. With the damage it does, I feel like I could easily take on MP6 or 7 at my gear level.

Not only that, but it drastically increases my single-target damage as well. Living Lightning isn't that good on single target...I could never, ever kill a treasure goblin unless it glitched and got caught in a corner. Spectral Blade? I kill them easily.

Thoughts? Opinions? With how much of a damage increase Spectral Blade is, I don't see myself ever switching back to Shock Pulse. :P And strangely, I've never seen any other Wizard videos using it...everyone seems to always use Living Lightning.
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

These days most CM stunlock wizards I see don't even use a signature spell Vook. They spam nova, skin, twister, and explosive blast and rely on crits to regain their arcane power (with arcane power on crit gear). However, yes this method can be more difficult killing goblins so when playing mine I am usually grouped up with a friend. Spectral Blades would be a much better way to kill goblins.

Quote Originally Posted by yasiru View Post
    These days most CM stunlock wizards I see don't even use a signature spell Vook. They spam nova, skin, twister, and explosive blast and rely on crits to regain their arcane power (with arcane power on crit gear). However, yes this method can be more difficult killing goblins so when playing mine I am usually grouped up with a friend. Spectral Blades would be a much better way to kill goblins.
    Yeah, I tried to do that, with twister and explosive blast, and it just felt really awkward, having your only offensive abilities cost AP. But then again, the whole CM-stunlock build felt really weird and awkward until I got used to it, so...yeah.

But yeah, I tried MP 6 and cleared it without too much trouble, using Spectral Blade. Elites were a bit tougher but normal mobs still died quickly. I also noticed that elites with ground-effect afflixes (desecrate, frozen, plague, etc) seemed to be SPAMMING them endlessly. Like, I was constantly moving because they just kept spawning ground effects every 2 seconds. Was rather odd because I've never seen them spam that frequently before, but then they start doing it in MP 6.
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm

Living Lightning is only good for massive amounts of Attacks per Sec becuase it doesnt cost AP and doesnt require APonCrit in the gear.

Wicked wind its the best all arround if one has 20ish APonCrit it can be spammed and it does massive ammount of damage once stacked the cap is 6 of them out

havent personaly used Spectral Blades in a lonnnnng time but I will give it a shoot thx for the sugestion

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/calculato...XYh!bgW!YaZacc

This is the build I'm using to farm MP3. Can easily change things around. Pin point barrier>prismatic for highere MP levels, is useally the only change I do trough.

Other builds can be with magic weapon, other passives etc. Its standard, everyone uses it- but it works extremly well. When everything is rolling I can do as much as 500k dmg/sec even trough my sheet dps is like 90k with my current gear. Yes elites losses like 500k Health every sec, it really can go that fast, when you you're just spamming stunlock on them. No rare packs survies for long on MP3, and I can manage rare packs with my current gear to around MP7, but not very time efficent.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Quote Originally Posted by Nightelfsb View Post
    http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/calculato...XYh!bgW!YaZacc

This is the build I'm using to farm MP3.
    Why Teleport instead of Magic Weapon? I've never found a time when Teleport would be useful, besides bullshit elite rolls like Vortex or Waller + Arcane or Desecrate.

I personally use the same teleport for its 30% dmg reduction buff. And the chance to get out of arcane/poison/fire.

Quote Originally Posted by Vook View Post
    Why Teleport instead of Magic Weapon? I've never found a time when Teleport would be useful, besides bullshit elite rolls like Vortex or Waller + Arcane or Desecrate.
    I use it to get more damage. I like to pull huge ammounts of white mobs, with teleport I can teleport inn the pack. It can really speed up things like spreading explosive blast damage, or chasing ranged mobs. But again it can be changed out.

And to keep the 30% damage reduction up VS arcane sentry. Did you know if you teleport the very secound something bad happends, like mobs blowing up from a rare pack etc, you avoid all the damage? Think teleport as a jump. Its thoes small things that makes teleport great.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO