Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivin View Post
    Using the default UI? I remember that showing up for heals, but not buffs, but I haven't used the default scrolling text in a while.
    Don't know about default, but one of my UI addons have the name of the buffer in the buff tooltip.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Synthaxx View Post
    And yet there are addons out there that will automatically remove any buff you wish as soon as it hits you.
    Can you link me one?

Quote Originally Posted by Rivin View Post
    Mine too, but it's harder to check that in the middle of combat, since there's usually a ton of buffs and they move around a lot.

(Also I generally assume that the average player, particularly those in LFR, would be using the default UI.)
    So true. Most people in raid settings would be too busy doing other things than watching the numbers/text popping up above their heads showing what happened to them. They would be focusing more on fire, timers (boss abilities + their own cds/dots), positioning etc. I know I hardly ever look at my toon so animations on my toon is largely ignored by me.

Also we're talking about a PVE setting, not PVP where a lot more people will notice every scrolling text + animations on toons. More important in PVP than PVE imo since you need to watch what your opponent is doing and what colour/stance/shit glowing above his head in order to counter them.

Spam casting Light of Dawn with the DM healer trinket or Ai-Li's Skymirror will still be the ultimate holy pally troll mechanism. Thats what needs to be fixed, not our 4 piece.