need a new video card that can max diablo 3 graphics

So my video card died on me and i am now looking for a new one around the 200 bucks area that will allow me to play diablo 3 on better resolution than my crap nvidia 8 series.

My specs are:
    Processor: Intel core 2 quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.4 GHZ(4 cpus), -2.4GHz
    RaM: 3070MB
    DirectX Version: DIrectX 11

NVIDIA GeForce 8400 GS

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814125419

Something like that one. Also comes with a voucher for two games, which is nice.

IS it compatible with my specs? if so then i think you a million. I am wondering also was it my video card that was not allowing me to play on high settings? i have a great amount of ram and a quad processor. The nvidia was only 1521 mb

Quote Originally Posted by fearbug View Post
    IS it compatible with my specs? if so then i think you a million. I am wondering also was it my video card that was not allowing me to play on high settings? i have a great amount of ram and a quad processor. The nvidia was only 1521 mb
    3 gigs of ram is not a great amount. Nor does having a quad processor mean anything. The q6600 is quite old and your motherboard probably does not support PCI-E3. Putting the linked 7850 into your comp is a waste of money as your comp will not utilize most of the 7850 performance.

Your lack of ram and old cpu are probably causing just as much performance issues with D3 as your 8400gs. Especially as D3 isn't very GPU heavy. What mobo do you have?

3 gigs of ram is not a great amount.
    It is enough to run D3. I've had D3, WoW, MoP beta, firefox, skype, teamspeak and video streaming going on at the same time and only been using 4.5 GB.

Nor does having a quad processor mean anything. The q6600 is quite old and your motherboard probably does not support PCI-E3.
    A GTX 690 just about caps out PCI-E 2.0, lacking PCI-E 3.0 means nothing.

Putting the linked 7850 into your comp is a waste of money as your comp will not utilize most of the 7850 performance.
    And then the OP can upgrade the rest of his computer when he gets another 200-250 dollars and he'll have a good graphics card in there.