Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1

    My FPS sucks.What do i Do.

    Hello all tried to read a couple of threads but it did not solve my issue.

    Im playing WOW as everybody else.I do only 10 man raids and BGs. Still i have a FPS issue.

    For example: I fly on a mount somewere and i klick on M and it takes like 2 second to reveal the map it sometimes comes a black screen and after 15 secs

    the whole map shows up.My left side of the Laptop were i have my hand must be were the graphic card is get really hot.

    Same issues in raid just strange delays on everything. :/

    I have a Acer Aspire 5738z.

    Specs:

    Processor Manufacturer Intel
    Processor Pentium Dual Core T4400
    Processor speed 2.2 GHz
    internal
    Memory 4 GB, 2x2048MB
    Memory DDR3
    Maximum memory 8 GB
    Hard Drive
    Size 500 GB
    Rotational Speed ​​5400 rpm
    connecting SATA
    Graphics
    GPU manufacturer ATI
    GPU-type Mobility Radeon HD 4650
    GPU memory 1024 MB

    i have uppgraded my ram to 8gig.


    My 3 questions are.

    1. Can my Laptop be able to handle those kinda things like:10 man raids Bg`s with out that kinda laggyess.

    2. Should i really start to read the threads about the Fps issues.(ofc i read the treads but not in depth)

    3. Should i start looking for a new computer?
    Last edited by Talizmanx; 2012-11-17 at 02:39 PM. Reason: I must for some reason got the spec wrong now this is how it shuld have been looked like.

  2. #2
    3. Should i start looking for a new computer?



    yes

  3. #3
    You really need a new computer. I'm surprised you can even run WoW on it.

  4. #4
    Right any tips i prefer a Laptop.But well i can take stationary tips aswell.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Talizmanx View Post
    Right any tips i prefer a Laptop.But well i can take stationary tips aswell.
    Don't get a laptop.

    Seriously don't
    Quote Originally Posted by Melt View Post
    Funny thing. In Germany we translate scientist into Wissenschaftler. Translated word for word that would be "knowledge creator" and it shows very well why I stopped accepting science. They get paid for creating all these statistics. They have deadlines, they have people they have to listen to and they have to "strive for the next sensation".

  6. #6
    Buy a Desktop, a 500$ build will outperform your current laptop x5.
    System Specs -
    CPU - i5 2500k @ 5ghz | CPU Cooler - RASA RX240 | Motherboard - Asus Maximus IV Gene-Z/Gen3| GPU - Nvidia GTX 590|
    SSD - Crucial M4 128GB | RAM - 8GB Corsair Vengeance | PSU - Corsair TX850M | Case - CoolerMaster HAF 922
    | Monitor - Crossover 27Q (2560x1440) | Sidewinder X4 Keyboard |


  7. #7
    Tip 1 : laptops in general dont really have enough performance to run wow unless they're rather high-end. Laptops in general arent made for gaming, and the ones that are cost a helluvalot.

    Tip 2 : Acer Make fairly bad products, next to dell and HP's consumer series laptops. They have numerous hardware issues, such as overheating and in later stages not being able to function properly. On top of that the build is arguably shoddy.

    For example: I fly on a mount somewere and i klick on M and it takes like 2 second to reveal the map it sometimes comes a black screen and after 15 secs.
    the whole map shows up.My left side of the Laptop were i have my hand must be were the graphic card is get really hot.
    You seem to have experience with it.

    Tip 3 : Dont get a new machine if you dont have to! Your machine is just about enough for world of warcraft . Now most of the people on this forum will disagree but when they think games they usually think of 1080p constant 60fps.

    I suggest looking for some tools to Downvolt your GPU, the commands that set your viewing distance in world of warcraft to an absolute minimum and reducing strain on your gpu by whatever means you can think of.



    Either way , if you have the money to get a new machine, you should, but if you dont, you might be able to squeeze a bit more out of this one. desktops are perfered but there are also great laptops that can play wow.
    "Marketing is what you do when your product is no good."

  8. #8
    Herald of the Titans Tehterokkar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    2,956
    Quote Originally Posted by Nab View Post
    Buy a Desktop, a 500$ build will outperform your current laptop x5.
    This so much. You can get a really fine PC for WoW for only $500-750.

    Laptops aren't good for MMOs, since MMOs require a lot of CPU power, which Laptops lack due to inferior CPU clock speeds and you can't OC them(at least not to an extent like desktops(3.3 GHz -> 4.8 GHz etc.))

    ---------- Post added 2012-11-17 at 12:37 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Keller View Post
    Tip 1 : laptops in general dont really have enough performance to run wow unless they're rather high-end. Laptops in general arent made for gaming, and the ones that are cost a helluvalot.

    Tip 2 : Acer Make fairly bad products, next to dell and HP's consumer series laptops. They have numerous hardware issues, such as overheating and in later stages not being able to function properly. On top of that the build is arguably shoddy.


    You seem to have experience with it.

    Tip 3 : Dont get a new machine if you dont have to! Your machine is just about enough for world of warcraft . Now most of the people on this forum will disagree but when they think games they usually think of 1080p constant 60fps.

    I suggest looking for some tools to Downvolt your GPU, the commands that set your viewing distance in world of warcraft to an absolute minimum and reducing strain on your gpu by whatever means you can think of.



    Either way , if you have the money to get a new machine, you should, but if you dont, you might be able to squeeze a bit more out of this one. desktops are perfered but there are also great laptops that can play wow.
    If you think a 5-6 year old laptop that wasn't EVER designed for gaming is going to bode well with WoW, you are mistaken, him getting 30 FPS while questing, meaning nobody around is bad, just think of the lag when he enters a major city/raid/dungeon

  9. #9
    Right seems most of you do recommend me to get a stationary Computer.

    I did uppgrade my ram memory to 8gig but well i dont see any big improvments there. :/

    Before Mop i did not have any Fps issues but now it seems just to increase.

    I will Download game booster and lower my res just so i can survive this weekend.
    As it is now its just unberable.

    And thanx for all the replyes.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post

    If you think a 5-6 year old laptop that wasn't EVER designed for gaming is going to bode well with WoW, you are mistaken, him getting 30 FPS while questing, meaning nobody around is bad, just think of the lag when he enters a major city/raid/dungeon
    I doubt he's even getting 30. The thing is that he says that before MOP it worked for him, if it did, why not keep using it, it's just one issue and it can probably be solved.


    Game booster wont do you any good, search for some of the settings minimizing console commands around the forum, those are more likely to help you. also undervolt.
    "Marketing is what you do when your product is no good."

  11. #11
    What does Undervolt mean?

  12. #12
    If you really want a laptop, then for example Asus has some pretty decent gaming laptops with nice cooling, those cost around 800-1000$ though.
    A more powerful PC would cost you only 500-700$ if you buy the parts and build yourself.

    i5-2500K @ 4.5GHz | R9 280X | Samsung Evo 250GB

  13. #13
    The words "Gaming Laptop" are a disgrace, please stop using them.

    Dumbest Thread 2012

  14. #14
    The Patient Vanchak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Wales
    Posts
    247
    Your using linux on an old laptop with mobile intel graphics, I'm surprised wow runs at all tbh.

  15. #15
    Sorry mate i must have pulled in the wrong speccs :/

  16. #16
    i need a gaming loptop,But there are a lot of choices,i just play the game,

  17. #17
    Scarab Lord Cyanotical's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Aurora, Co
    Posts
    4,911
    OP: $500 is fine for a lower end wow dedicated desktop, but that's assuming you already have a monitor, OS, keyboard, and mouse

    however, if you are set in the laptop thing, you need to expect to pay at least $2000 for one that is good for gaming, the problem is that currently most laptops are not meant for gaming, they are for browsing facebook and writing term papers, those that do have dedicated GPUs are generally built under the assumption that it will be use to supplement a large desktop, not to be used all the time for gaming

    a few things to look at, Asus G75, MSI GT70, Sager NP9170, and of course, Razer's New Blade

    Quote Originally Posted by Burritaco View Post
    The words "Gaming Laptop" are a disgrace, please stop using them.
    so when i have a laptop that out performs most people's desktops for gaming, what is that then? there is such thing as a gaming laptop, but you have to look at it more like a all-in-one lanparty machine, it's never going to be a full tower, nor is it going to be as portable as what most people consider to be laptop portable

    but, before you make a statement like that, consider machines like this:
    http://www.clevo.com.tw/en/products/...?productid=451

    i7-4930K | RIVE | 32GB DDR3-2133 | GTX-690 Quad SLI | Xonar Xense | RAIDR | 512GB Samsung 830 | AX1200 | FT02
    Dell U2711 | Ducky Shine3 YoS | Steelseries Sensei Wireless | Xonar Essence One | KRK RP8G2s

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyanotical View Post
    so when i have a laptop that out performs most people's desktops for gaming, what is that then? there is such thing as a gaming laptop, but you have to look at it more like a all-in-one lanparty machine, it's never going to be a full tower, nor is it going to be as portable as what most people consider to be laptop portable

    but, before you make a statement like that, consider machines like this:
    http://www.clevo.com.tw/en/products/...?productid=451
    Because you spent $3000 on it and most people with bad computers got their desktops from best buy several years ago? It's called a laptop.

    I love how you link to a website without a price tag.

    Dumbest Thread 2012

  19. #19
    Scarab Lord Cyanotical's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Aurora, Co
    Posts
    4,911
    Quote Originally Posted by Burritaco View Post
    Because you spent $3000 on it and most people with bad computers got their desktops from best buy several years ago? It's called a laptop.
    $2700 actually, but that doesn't change the fact that it nearly matches a standard i5 gaming desktop for performance, what then does it disgrace when you build a laptop that is intended for people to play games with? one that has and extra engineering for a good combination of parts, specialized cooling, or even razer's correct approach to putting the touchpad on the right instead of the center?

    assuming that because 90% of laptops suck for gaming justifies calling a gaming laptop an oxymoron is just as bad as making a "dedicated gaming computer" i could build a VM that is better than what ever you have, does that make your desktop computer a disgrace because it doesn't match a simple VM that takes 5 minutes to create?

    Quote Originally Posted by Burritaco View Post

    I love how you link to a website without a price tag.
    for a laptop like that, if you have to ask.....

    i7-4930K | RIVE | 32GB DDR3-2133 | GTX-690 Quad SLI | Xonar Xense | RAIDR | 512GB Samsung 830 | AX1200 | FT02
    Dell U2711 | Ducky Shine3 YoS | Steelseries Sensei Wireless | Xonar Essence One | KRK RP8G2s

  20. #20
    Herald of the Titans Tehterokkar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    2,956
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyanotical View Post
    $2700 actually, but that doesn't change the fact that it nearly matches a standard i5 gaming desktop for performance, what then does it disgrace when you build a laptop that is intended for people to play games with? one that has and extra engineering for a good combination of parts, specialized cooling, or even razer's correct approach to putting the touchpad on the right instead of the center?

    assuming that because 90% of laptops suck for gaming justifies calling a gaming laptop an oxymoron is just as bad as making a "dedicated gaming computer" i could build a VM that is better than what ever you have, does that make your desktop computer a disgrace because it doesn't match a simple VM that takes 5 minutes to create?



    for a laptop like that, if you have to ask.....
    Having to spend nearly $3000 for laptop to get the same performance as a ~$800 desktop seems a bit stupid imo, considering the screen isn't even big, I got a 4 year old Acer laptop with 18.4'' full HD screen.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •