15+ Year Old Account

[PvP] Best Stance to Fight With?

What's the best stance to pvp in? I seem to spend a lot of time in battle for good rage gen, swap to Berserker when I'm taking hits.

A warrior friend told me he likes to pvp in defensive stance for the damage reduction, but I always found that when I do that I'm rage starved, particularly in execute range.

Feedbackfor both Arena and BGs appreciated!

The point of stances is that you use each in different situations.

If I'm being focused, I swap to prot.
    If I'm preparing to pop CDs and butcher someone, I'm in Battle.

I don't use berserker in pvp.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by easterbunny View Post
    The point of stances is that you use each in different situations.

If I'm being focused, I swap to prot.
    If I'm preparing to pop CDs and butcher someone, I'm in Battle.

I don't use berserker in pvp.
    pretty much this-battle when dpsing-defensive when you need to d up.

defensive most of the time. battle only when you're bursting, and you're confident you won't be swapped to. berserker never.

15+ Year Old Account
    I might have to give defensive more of a chance then.

How often do you want to heroic strike? I'm used to using it fairly often, but then I rage starve myself. I'm getting the impression that its better to not use it that often, unless bursting with a cooldown.

I don't know. When you have a personal healer on your ass and you're getting focused only by 1 player, I would use berserker over Battle/Defence stance anyday, due the excess rage it gives you for heroic strikes so you can "return the favor" with full rage bar more easily.

If i'm not getting focused at all, Battle stance for sure. I'd use Defence stance only when you don't have any healers to keep you up and/or you're getting a lot of unehealable damage in. Sure being only def stance works too but it only really works for your favor when you're trying to slowly grow your TFB stacks and just teasing/interrupting the opponent.

But I can see why most players would prefer being Def most of the time - the burst with all the classes is so high that when you get cc'd and focused during cc, it is better to have that extra damage reduction so you wouldn't die so easily. But why not start with berserker, get the rage nearly maxed in just a few seconds of combat and switch being to def stance until you feel that you are ready to burn all your cd's with battle?
    Last edited by Kankipappa; 2012-11-20 at 02:59 AM.