Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1

    Question Have no idea... please help with fury!

    Well... I have huge problem. For me it is problem. I play warrior for a long time and I always was good in dps. In Wotlk, Cata - everything was fine. Since MoP I'm worst dps in my guild! Always on bottom, even tank is above me. I'm not stupid. I know how to play but my dps is just so lame! I've red all guides about fury, watched clips on yt and I suck! I know that my basis are ok, I mean reforge, gems etc. but I don't feel that I'm strong.

    What am I doing wrong? I'll write down my armory, and logs. My rotation is ok but maybe I use my instant castS in wrong way. No idea - I'm frustrated. I decided to stop riding until I'll start making huge dps...

    I KNOW THERE IS A LOT OF GUIDES BUT I TRIED EVERYTHING AND STILL DON'T KNOW WHAT AM I DOING WRONG... Can anyone help?

    eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/burning-legion/Kubiszot/simple

    worldoflogs.com/reports/4ypuhz5wnoyua9a1/analyze/dd/source/?s=808&e=1166

  2. #2
    A very quick glance at your logs shows me you're not pushing Bloodthirst often enough. You regularly have room for ~50% more BT hits than you're using. Same goes for your Colossus Smash. You also don't seem to be making use of all your Enrage procs, either leaving Raging Blow to expire or sitting on 2 stacks for too long and then getting another, wasted, proc.

    That's all I can see right now, but I'm sure somebody else who's a bit more familiar with current Fury mechanics can give you a better breakdown.

    As for how to fix those problems, set up some auras to let you know when you're Enraged and when BT and CS come off cooldown. Since BT generates rage and CS is free, you have almost no excuse (beyond positioning and MAYBE wasting Bloodsurge procs) to not be hitting those on cooldown.

  3. #3
    Looking at your logs, your total RB and BT damage is low. Generally, your top 3 damaging abilities (not counting passive melee) should be RB + EXE + WS or BT (assuming single target fight). You should be using BT and CS on every CD (assuming you know how to manage the CS window rage dump). Also you should never be wasting your RB procs. Try to ensure max enrage uptime.


    In its simplest terms...
    100~20% Fury rotation works around BT i.e.: BT > filler > filler > BT > repeat ; with filler priority being CS > RB > Proc'd WS (BShout, Hthrow, Droar, etc)
    20%~0% Fury priority changes to EXE in CS window > BT > CS > Exe > RB

    Now that you have the basic priority and rotation down, it becomes a matter of rage management. Meaning, you want to build rage when CS is unavailable (ie: BT every 4.5 secs, Bshout, Hthrow, RB / Proc'd WS as rage allows, HLeap, DRoar) and dump everything you have within the 4 GCDs of CS, spending your rage on abilities that hit harder first, then those that don't ie: RB > WS > BT

    Finally in order to max/min your damage, stack CDs. This means knowing which CDs matter in a CS window, which CDs don't matter in a CS window, and which CDs synergizes better with one another.

    Reck + SkullBanner
    BB + DR + Deadly Calm + other 1 min CDs

  4. #4
    The Patient Aerialslayer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Manitoba, Canada
    Posts
    323
    I am having the EXACT same issue. My DPS in MoP is soooo bad.
    Battletag: Aerialslayer#1331

  5. #5
    Yep me too, I was never the best in my guild but in MOP I am not just at the bottom of the DPS meters, I am at the bottom with the next person a good 10k above me. When we have two warriors in the raid, the other warrior is in the same position. TBH I am looking around for another game to play, i've just about had it with MOP, hate the dailies, hate the raids and tbh, hate the bloody Chinese theme. Blizzard rly seems to have it in for warriors. I put it down to the fact that warriors are terrible in fights where there is a lot of movement and MOP raids are just so full of movement. The only fight I am good in is the third boss in MGV where you don't have to move. I find it hard to move and do decent dps. I was asked to leave a raid on the last boss in MGV because my dps was so bad. Since then I have not raided and am not planning on renewing my subscription at the end of this month

  6. #6
    are you guys pooling rage and than dumping when CS is up?
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    I hear people say bring War back to World of Warcraft, well how about bringing World back to World of Warcraft

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by PlatedPriest View Post
    are you guys pooling rage and than dumping when CS is up?
    I try to do this every time when I'm above 80% of rage using Heroic Strike - most guides talk about it but I don't feel it's ok.

  8. #8
    Noticing when CS is about to come off CD is absolutely paramount to doing good DPS as a warrior these days. Make sure you pool up enough rage for whatever may happen:
    Should you get 2 raging blows in the duration off CS, that's good. Assuming you have around 120 rage at the time of doing CS, you can do 2xRB=20 rage and 3xHS=90 rage (assuming no Deadly Calm). However, if you dont get RB procs, then you do wild strike instead of RB. Procced ones are obviously better because you can get more heroic strikes in there, but don't despair if this happens.

    Get used to idea of the rather gimicky "do the most dps during CS" and embrace it. Another thing to note is execute phase where a lot of your DPS comes from depending on the length of this phase.

    Try using the addon SlamAndAwe. It basically tells you what to press at any given time, and if you follow it and learn from it, you will do better dps. Then, when you are comfortable with it and learned some tricks and tips, try without and watch your DPS increase.

    As a final note, I might add that having your gear in order in regards to enchants, gems, reforges etc. is also of utmost importance. You're a bit overcapped on hit and missing a bracer enchant.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Nekked View Post

    In its simplest terms...
    100~20% Fury rotation works around BT i.e.: BT > filler > filler > BT > repeat ; with filler priority being CS > RB > Proc'd WS (BShout, Hthrow, Droar, etc)
    I'm having issues clipping BT with the basic filler rotation. Anyone else? Latency is typically 100 ish.

  10. #10
    to be honest i think fury is weak >20% but after it is too strong. ill be middle of the pack the entire fight but <20% i shoot up to like 2nd or 3rd. quite silly

    BT is king. it has the highest chance of enraging you. others can wait BS and RW dont have to be used right away
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    I hear people say bring War back to World of Warcraft, well how about bringing World back to World of Warcraft

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Kubiszot View Post
    I try to do this every time when I'm above 80% of rage using Heroic Strike - most guides talk about it but I don't feel it's ok.
    HS usage doesnt just depend on what rage you're sitting at. You have to also take into account the anticipated incoming rage from 1.) Your auto 2.) BT 3.) Raid buff / damage (if in zerker stance).

    When you have all 3 figured out you'll get a sense of how to maintain a steady rage bar of 90-100 in preparation for CSmash line-up.

    Quote Originally Posted by fecalizer View Post
    I'm having issues clipping BT with the basic filler rotation. Anyone else? Latency is typically 100 ish.
    What do you mean by clipping BT? Are you unable to fit 2 GCDs between each BT due to your latency?

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Nekked View Post





    What do you mean by clipping BT? Are you unable to fit 2 GCDs between each BT due to your latency?
    Right, the two GCD don't fit "neatly" between BTs, so typically Ill smash the 2nd filler just as BT is coming off cooldown and invoke an extra GCD. This is an older thread from the official site, but illustrates the problem I'm having: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6606900850

  13. #13
    Field Marshal zat's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    PERTH, WESTERN AUSTRALIA
    Posts
    57
    I too am noticing this "clipping", although i play from Australia so latency is about 230ms on a good day.
    "WHY? Because I have green hair". "Screw the money I have rules, wait... that's not right".

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by fecalizer View Post
    Right, the two GCD don't fit "neatly" between BTs, so typically Ill smash the 2nd filler just as BT is coming off cooldown and invoke an extra GCD. This is an older thread from the official site, but illustrates the problem I'm having: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6606900850
    Quote Originally Posted by zat View Post
    I too am noticing this "clipping", although i play from Australia so latency is about 230ms on a good day.
    I've had this problem too playing on Asia servers while in the states. Because your mashing the skills faster than the client and server can register, there really isn't a fix to this. But I think this situation will only arise on WS usage (assuming your not at 2 stacks RB when your at your 2nd filler). You can try using power auras or some kind of CD tracker so you know exactly when your GCDs are registered (assuming your not already) or try not to be faster than your latency allows lol

  15. #15
    Mechagnome
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Japan
    Posts
    548
    I'm noticing your enrage uptime is a bit low. Just looked at 4 Kings kill and I'm seeing only 17.3% Dalaran Brilliance uptime and I don't see other sources of 5% crit. The crit buff is crucial in keeping enrage uptime. Our warrior (though a little more geared) had uptime of ~60% compared to your 41.6%.

    I also don't see the crit buff for your Feng kill either, and your Enrage uptime is a whopping 38.1%, while our warrior had 52.6%. In fact your Gara'jal kill is the only one with 100% Dalaran Brilliance uptime.

    Make sure you have the 5% crit buff (hunter pet, Mage, WW Monk) before the pull. Also make sure you're not wasting your Berserker Rage by overlapping with enrage procs.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Nekked View Post
    I've had this problem too playing on Asia servers while in the states. Because your mashing the skills faster than the client and server can register, there really isn't a fix to this. But I think this situation will only arise on WS usage (assuming your not at 2 stacks RB when your at your 2nd filler). You can try using power auras or some kind of CD tracker so you know exactly when your GCDs are registered (assuming your not already) or try not to be faster than your latency allows lol
    Bah...I was hoping you would post some nice blue text that stated it is some kind of server side issue and will be fixed in 5.1. Oh well

  17. #17
    On gara'jal if you have to go down, it really kills your damage. Your damage meter will say you did awesome. But when you look at the logs from someone that never goes dwon. Your damage is total crap. I think part of the problem is execute is so much of our damage its stupid. And if you mess that up you're going to lose 1000s of K of dps.

    It so critical to use your recklessness at 20% and do CS, and do all this correctly for that huge 5k+ dps boost. Anyway this fight was too short, so my second recklessness wasn't up at 20%, if I saved it for just 20% I would of done better. But going down really hurts your damage a lot.

    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=4711&e=5046

    But last weeks was much higher only went down once.
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=1954&e=2287

    And I really hate being like 5K less dps till execute. During progression I have to explain to my raid leader that until I hit that 20% mark my dps is going to be 5K or so lower. So dps looks really bad till you pass up like 10 people on the meters at execute. So stupid.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by galvin View Post
    On gara'jal if you have to go down, it really kills your damage. Your damage meter will say you did awesome. But when you look at the logs from someone that never goes dwon. Your damage is total crap. I think part of the problem is execute is so much of our damage its stupid. And if you mess that up you're going to lose 1000s of K of dps.

    It so critical to use your recklessness at 20% and do CS, and do all this correctly for that huge 5k+ dps boost. Anyway this fight was too short, so my second recklessness wasn't up at 20%, if I saved it for just 20% I would of done better. But going down really hurts your damage a lot.

    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=4711&e=5046

    But last weeks was much higher only went down once.
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=1954&e=2287

    And I really hate being like 5K less dps till execute. During progression I have to explain to my raid leader that until I hit that 20% mark my dps is going to be 5K or so lower. So dps looks really bad till you pass up like 10 people on the meters at execute. So stupid.
    Perhaps your other dps are just that good but I don't find myself being at the bottom pre-execute phase on most fights. Although I am running a 10 man group. However I do agree with garajal and not going into the realm. I do better if I stay on the boss throughout the entire fight. Luckily we have range/healers to do a realm rotation.

    ---------- Post added 2012-11-15 at 03:38 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by fecalizer View Post
    Bah...I was hoping you would post some nice blue text that stated it is some kind of server side issue and will be fixed in 5.1. Oh well
    Its just one of those things you have to deal with playing crosscontinent servers

  19. #19
    You would have to log Gara Jal yourself, since combatlog and DPS monitoring addons only record either spirit realm or "upstairs" depending on where you are. So if you are doing great on meters, you probably are in a raid situation and logs for that matter,

  20. #20
    Field Marshal zat's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    PERTH, WESTERN AUSTRALIA
    Posts
    57
    Isn't there way to merge logs together to fix the logging issue? take a log from someone who was always up top, and then a log form each group of people going down. Not that it matters all that much.
    "WHY? Because I have green hair". "Screw the money I have rules, wait... that's not right".

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •