Help with tracking a cooldown. PowerAuras or something else?

Hello everyone,

Looking for a little help from the community. I used to use PowerAuras before they changed the layout of it, and I'm not sure if what I'm trying to do can be done with PowerAuras or if I should be using something else...

Basically, I want my Mind Blast Icon to show in the middle of my screen when its not on cooldown (which is what PowerAuras does). But, when it IS on cooldown, I want the icon to still be there, however I want it to look see through, or feint looking (low opacity?) with the cooldown time remaining in the icon.

I found a video of a priest with something similar, except when his Mind Blast is on CD, the icon disappears completely and he only has the CD timer where the icon is.

You can see at 39 seconds, right above his cast bar, Mind blast icon appears once off CD, then when he casts, the CD timer appears.

Is PowerAuras the correct addon for this? I watched a 40 minute walk through of the new version and couldn't figure it out.

Thanks for any help!

He's probably using WeakAuras:
    Create new aura
    Check Cooldown, and set the color to a lower opacity in Display Tab
    Trigger Tab>Status>Cooldown Progress (Spell)
    Put in Mind Blast
    Duplicate
    Trigger Tab>Check Invert and make the color not opaque in the display tab
    Rabsies
    <The Horsemen> US25 - Shadowmoon US - 14/14 25H
    "Just play the game"

Deleted
    I'm using TellMeWhen ("curse.com/addons/wow/tellmewhen" ) for that exact thing, but with warrior abilities though. It's a great addon that can track and show pretty much anything, from your basic spells cds to diminishing returns and trinket/enchantproccs. It's a bit tricky to set up at first, but there is videoguides for that on youtube

Deleted
    http://www.wowinterface.com/download...oPVersion.html

Old "Proper" Style of Power Aura's.
    And if any of the Power Aura's development team ever brows these forums.

"Dont fix whats not broke!" the new Power Aura's Classic, is from what I have used a steaming pile of elephant turd. its too "fiddly" to set up. and missing a lot of the functionality that was in the original version.

Quote Originally Posted by Adsertif View Post
    He's probably using WeakAuras:
    Create new aura
    Check Cooldown, and set the color to a lower opacity in Display Tab
    Trigger Tab>Status>Cooldown Progress (Spell)
    Put in Mind Blast
    Duplicate
    Trigger Tab>Check Invert and make the color not opaque in the display tab

Is it possible to have it so the icon isn't filling up with black, and so the background isn't black? It almost defeats the purpose of the opacity being see through. Would you know how to have it only show in combat as well?

I'm using TellMeWhen ("curse.com/addons/wow/tellmewhen" ) for that exact thing, but with warrior abilities though. It's a great addon that can track and show pretty much anything, from your basic spells cds to diminishing returns and trinket/enchantproccs. It's a bit tricky to set up at first, but there is videoguides for that on youtube
    I was checking this out, however it looks like you can only have a maximum of 4 spells, is that true?

Thanks for all the responses!!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleary View Post

I was checking this out, however it looks like you can only have a maximum of 4 spells, is that true?
    No you can add more than 4 spells, by default it's 4 per bar but there are many bars to throw around

Deleted
    You can do it easily with weakauras (far easier than power auras, just nee a few minutes to learn how it works)

Deleted
    Sorry for hijacking this thread. Im alos using the new version and the more i use it, the better i think it is. How ever, i still haven't found where to enable option to show depending on talent spec one / two. Anyone?

Thanks in advance

Deleted
    Been using power auras for many years, works great