Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Definitely the undead zone from Silverpine to Hillsbrad. The starting isn't bad either, but it really gets good in silverpine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Actually, to REALLY enjoy the Silverpine experience, you should start a Worgen character until the Forsaken invade. Then start an Undead an level through the starting area. Before you enter Silverpine, do the rest of the Worgen starting zone and as soon as you are finished you switch back to the Undead and play through Silverpine. Imo you need to play the whole of the Gilnean war to really enjoy it. But it's so damn good.

pre-BC storylines sucked. most quests were about some really mundane and local problems like "there are too many *insert a wild beast here* on *insert zone here* and they're eating all our food. halp!". the few cool and deep storylines were usually neutral questlines that involved lots of zones at max level.
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

Deleted
    Best pre-cata zone for me was Azshara. But post-cata it's destroyed (GOBLINS. WILL. PAY. FOR. THIS.) Winterspring and Feralas were also good, and i must mention Durotar and Barrens (my first char was orc warlock, i still play him as a main). Forsaken zones were very creepy and misterious, i enjoyed them very much. Post-cata the best are Forsaken zones (Tirisfal, Silverpine, Hillsbrad and parts of WPL). Stonetalon Mountains (great Krom'Gar chain) and Desolace (discovering Azshara plans) is also very good. Oh, and also Southern Barrens (i don't want to spoil it for you, but someone is going to fly through the window). I found Horde storylines better than Aliance ones. Only Aliance zone that i really enjoyed is Gilneas.

Had the most fun I can remember in a long time in stonetalon

Forsaken starting zone leading into silverpine than hillsbrad are amazing

Only problem than is you're stuck playing a forsaken...Which sucks.

I think he meant questing areas before you get to the cata zones. Not necessarily pre-cata.

And for me I enjoyed the undead starting area.

Quote Originally Posted by Morthes View Post
    start as a Undead (Lilian Voss chaine quests) --> silverpain Forest quests (a great story - Undead vs Wargens) --> Hillsbard foothills --> Stonetalon Mountains (Great Horde lore) --> Desolace --> West/East Plaguelands --> Badlands (Wrathion questlines) --> Searing G-> Burning Steppes --> Blasted Lands --> Outland->NR->Cata-> Pandaria
    Great route! I would make just one adjustment... Instead of Desolace, go Southern Barrens. One of the few zones where you feel pressured by the Alliance as Horde!

Barrens chat stories

10+ Year Old Account
    Ashenvale for me that's one of the few places horde does what we are supposed to do, kill alliance.

Quote Originally Posted by strangerdanger View Post
    I think he meant questing areas before you get to the cata zones. Not necessarily pre-cata.

And for me I enjoyed the undead starting area.
    Yea, that's what I meant. :P

And for the ones who said the Silverpine quests were great: Although they were great, it was ruined for me knowing that the Worgen re-took Gilneas in one of the books. I was like "Well, this feels pointless."

10+ Year Old Account
    p;re cata i loved west fall

post cata i loved gilneas

for horde

pre cata i loved barrens

post cata i love all of it

Honestly, its hard to pick. All the post Cataclysm Azeroth zones are pretty well done. I'd say Stonetalon was a good highlight.

as mentioned undead starting zones are amazing until you hit arathi highlands. stone talon is really good as is western plaguelands.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by shammypowa View Post
    Honestly, its hard to pick. All the post Cataclysm Azeroth zones are pretty well done. I'd say Stonetalon was a good highlight.
    All except arathi and silithus! Which is surprising they left them pretty much untouched bar a couple of minor changes