[BM] Tanktips Boss by Boss

Hi Guys,

my name is Tkain and I am one of the two tanks of our 10 man group. As I havent seen any kind of this thread and I believe it would be good to have one, I am going to start it. English is not my mother tongue I will surely make quite some mistakes. Apologies for that.

With this threat I would like to help everyone perform better and have an easier time tanking the boss you are currently progressing. I will mainly focus on 10hc myself as this is the content I am raiding. I am not giving complete encounter guides rather tips I feel people might not know. If you have anything to add to the list please leave a comment and I will add it in.

Mogu'shan Vaults

The Stone Guard
    As a tank you can easily activate the tiles, whenever you are only tanking one of the adds. Make sure to take the buff from the active dog and to use your Diffuse Magic to mitigate this damage. Watch out for your other tank and dont get into the range of the other dogs or run out of healer range!
    Remember to still keep your rotation going!

Feng the Accursed
    Use your Avert Harm in combination with Zen Meditation to help your Healers heal through hard phases.
    If you do the shield phase last and need to controll add spamms take Lag Sweep to help out.
    For lightning phase spec zen sphere and prep for a unshielded phase you can pop off 3 zen sphere explosions if done right with also popping chi brew (it saved us a entire CD) with vengeance it was right about a Mistweaver revival

Gara'jal the Spiritbinder
    Try to avoid using Avert Harm while tanking. It risks dieing to spikes and makes doll healing harder.
    Use it while off tanking! Whenever your raid or tank mate doesnt have a cd use Avert Harm (due to the doll mechanik it double dips)

The Spirit Kings
    Use Xuen! He will tank the bowmen after he used his shield which makes the tarnsiton much easier. (Dont forget to taunt him again and position him correctly after the previous king has died)

Elegon
    As a brewmaster you can do one spark on your own. Save kegsmash and use it instantly to at best hit elegon and 2 sparks. Pool your chi and spamm blackout kick. If you dont have any people spreading dots you might need help for the later adds. Remember to use your touch of death.
    Use Chi Burst to work wonders in the last phase. To maximize this you should offtank and only use chi for chi burst.
    When you're absorbing an exploding add (P1), use zen meditation, therefore, you will take a lot less damage, and possibly won't get stunned in place (or not for as long) depending on if you had hots rolling / damage absorptions up.

Will of the Emperor
    Use Momentum and roll when you feel you wont make it. The speedboost afterwards makes the next ones way easier.
    If you have to handle the first sparks use a glyphed Zen Meditation.
    Clash, Leg Sweep and Charging Ox Wave can be usefull to help with the first sets of rages.

Heart of Fear
    Imperial Vizier Zor'lok
    As nearly all damage in this encounter is physical make sure to watch your stagger and purify if necessary!
    You do not need to be under one of the barriers for the force and verve. Keep stagger up and purify when its red. Use Guard if necessary.
    Be carefull of using kegsmash on the third plattform. It will mean your meeles do less damage for 30 seconds if they get mind controlled.
    And try not to use it during the last phase as it will slow people and might get them killed!
    Glyph Leg Sweep to help controll mind controlled people.
    Use spinning crane kick and taunt to aggro them and tank them until they are broken free.
    If you are having trouble during attenuation use glyphed Zen Meditation to make it a walk in the park!

Blade Lord Ta'yak
    Use Avert Harm in combination with Zen Meditatin for one of the later Unseen strikes to mitigate a lot of damage.
    Have one chi ready to purify directly after the tempest slash.
    Use Chi Burst to top up the group after the 20% transition and save 4 chi for that. If your healers struggle during this phase you can also pick Chi brew, make sure you are in the last place and use it on the person farest away to top up people during the dance.

Garalon
    If your group is stacked up a chi burst to heal the crashes or high pheromones stacks.
    Save Expel Harm only if you are below 35% (if done correctly if can be used more frequently)
    Use Elusive Brew shortly before the cleaves. They can be avoided!
    Use Diffuse Magic while you are kiting and he starts to crush to avoid dieing to a spawning zone.

Wind Lord Mel'jarak
    Use Xuen! He does incredible amounts of damage on this fight! Make sure to use it while you have a lot of vengeance and the boss is enraged.
    Use Healing Elixiers. As you purify a lot due to high tank damage, you should make use of the heal every 15 seconds. This is far more beneficial to surviving the encounter than the two other options.
    If your tank mate is in range and you are tanking most of the adds(which you should), avoid using Avert Harm as it can kill you faster than you think.

Amber-Shaper Un'sok
    Make sure you are not tanking in the last phase and use Avert Harm and Zen Meditation to mitigate raid damage.
    After that taunt the boss as you will do more damage than other tanks if the soft enrage is a problem for you.

Grand Empress Shek'zeer
    You can kite all the small adds by using Dizzying Haze.
    Use Charging Ox Wave to stun the adds and then taunt the big one into the trap if you need to. Otherwise take Leg Sweep to stun the small adds while they try to break the big one free.

Terrace of the Endless Spring

I will add everything as soon as I had the chance to play the encounters on heroic next week.

Protectors of the Endless
    Tsulong

Lei Shi
    Use glyphed guard as all but the adds damage is magic.
    Use Zen Meditation and Diffuse Magic to mitigate a lot of her spray damage.

Sha of Fear

If you have any questions, feedback or other tips please feel free to reply.
    Last edited by Tkain; 2012-11-17 at 05:04 PM.

Elegon heroic:

When you're absorbing an exploding add (P1), use zen meditation, therefore, you will take a lot less damage, and possibly won't get stunned in place (or not for as long) depending on if you had hots rolling / damage absorptions up.
    Computer: Intel I7-3770k @ 4.5GHz | 16GB 1600MHz DDR3 RAM | AMD 7970 GHz @ 1200/1600 | ASUS Z77-V PRO Mobo|

I haven't tanked any of the bosses in Terrace yet, but there's a very nice trick for Lei Shi tanking. Since the boss only casts spray, you should be able to take almost no damage for upwards of 14 seconds. This is done by using ZM, straight into a DM.
    I did this as a monk dps aswell, does wonders especially in the last 20% when the boss casts a lot quicker.
    We did the first boss on elite, and I can see transcendance being quite useful in the last phase where you have to move the boss quickly out of rings.

HM Feng: for lightning phase spec zen sphere and prep for a unshielded phase you can pop off 3 zen sphere explosions if done right with also popping chi brew (it saved us a entire CD) with vengeance it was right about a Mistweaver revival

I edited the tips for elegon, feng and lei shi

so I did not add transcendance as it can be used on nearly every encounter but to explain how to do it would require at least a map of the encounter
    Last edited by Tkain; 2012-11-17 at 05:08 PM.