Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaozu View Post
    It doesn't provide any balance because the tabard system both is and always will be a lot faster, since you get the reputation whilst doing something you would have done anyway.
    No offense but I havent touched a dungeon since I geared up from them, I only go back to heroics for VP, right now you need dailies to get the gear so you hit a circle of needing to do dailies to make dungeons worth doing. Before you would do dungeons, cap vp then go do daileis to help supplement tabard rep now you avoid dungeons and spam dailies to get the rep needed.
    Last edited by draykorinee; 2012-11-17 at 03:18 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TobiasX View Post
    Because Blizzard has a team of individuals who are paid to come up with solutions to perceived problems. It is their job, and what they spend a significant amount of their time at the Blizzard offices to do. That is why we can expect them to come up with good alternatives if they decide it's a problem they want to fix.

I agree with you up to "out in the world".
    I love this getting out in the the world that blizzard are trying, what that means right now is mob tagging and stealing quest items its hardly like people go out to explore the world, we just go to the daily zone and glare at every other person incase they loot/kill your target quest mob or wait for respawns in the hope you tag it first. GG, loving dailies getting us out in to the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Windfury View Post
    His point isn't valid. He's created yet another thread that is nothing but ripping into people who don't want to play the game the same way as he does. Telling those people how to play adds absolutely nothing to this discussion.
    Opposing views aren't valid?

Deleted
    It's not a legitimate solution because it makes running dungeons too rewarding. Dungeons already give you everything you need, and makes you fully prepared for both raiding and LFR.
    Traditionally dungeons are the stepping-stone to raids, which makes perfect sense, since they're basically mini-raids.

Adding dailies to that mix is just bad design, a lot of people who want to raid hate dailies.

From raiding you get even better rewards than the valor point gear, so there really is little to no reason to get the valor gear
    By that reasoning there's little to no reason to get normal mode raid gear either, since you get even better rewards from heroic modes.

Heck, why bother with heroic raid gear? It will become obsolete when the next tier is released.

---------- Post added 2012-11-17 at 04:33 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    I love this getting out in the the world that blizzard are trying, what that means right now is mob tagging and stealing quest items its hardly like people go out to explore the world, we just go to the daily zone and glare at every other person incase they loot/kill your target quest mob or wait for respawns in the hope you tag it first. GG, loving dailies getting us out in to the world.
    Of course, since many servers aren't balanced, you end up fighting your own faction instead of the opposing one.

---------- Post added 2012-11-17 at 04:36 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by GhostSkull View Post
    Opposing views aren't valid?
    If they pull "facts" from their rectum, or state opinions as facts, then no, they're not valid.

Quote Originally Posted by PuppetShowJustice View Post
    How many alts do you have?
    How is this any sort of relevant meter of how much content there is in a game, or how much of a grind anything is?

If current content is too time consuming for you to run alts with, here's a thought. Pick your favorite class, and ignore the rest for the time being.

The summary of the dailies issue: Stuff to do that some folks like > nothing to do.

---------- Post added 2012-11-17 at 10:41 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    That's a 'most players are self absorbed assholes' problem, not a Blizzard problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoochlol View Post
    the fact that the dailies are 100% optional.
    The whole game is optional.

Some people like to have the best gear, and they're upset that (as of right now) you have to get gear from Rep which requires mindless dailies. Now if dungeons were useful longer than 2-3 days at 90, or if there's a point for JP, or if there were rewards from Scenarios, or if there are other ways to get better gear then there would be less complaints. Seriously, if you don't want to hear people voice their opinion about something then you need to go crawl back under the rock you just came out of.

Personally There isn't much left in this game for me, but I enjoy raiding and with my horrible work schedule LFR is the only thing keeping me subscribed. I still haven't reached Exalted with any Rep and the few I do have at Revered I can't buy their gear anyway because I don't have that much VP.

Deleted
    Because Blizzard has a team of individuals who are paid to come up with solutions to perceived problems. It is their job, and what they spend a significant amount of their time at the Blizzard offices to do. That is why we can expect them to come up with good alternatives if they decide it's a problem they want to fix.
    This is very true, however they could have all the developers in the world working on the issue and it woudn't give anything if there really is no solution. Don't get me wrong, I definitely think there is, but considering the time that has gone and I have yet to see anyone, anywhere come up with a good suggestion, I wouldn't expect anything anytime soon.

I agree with you up to "out in the world".
    Why do you dislike doing things out in the world? Personally I'm sick and tired to death of all these queuing systems that allows you to just stand around in Orgrimmar waiting for them to pop. I'm glad they finally have some stuff outside of that.

Remove dailies, the same people would be whining that there is nothing to do or its too easy to get epics.

The 5.1 change should help a lot, so let's see what its like the other side of that.

It's not a legitimate solution because it makes running dungeons too rewarding. Dungeons already give you everything you need, and makes you fully prepared for both raiding and LFR. From raiding you get even better rewards than the valor point gear, so there really is little to no reason to get the valor gear unless you wish to get that extra bonus advantage, which should take a bit of extra effort outside of the stuff you already do.
    Yes, I get that the Double-Dipping argument is Blizzard's current official stance on the matter. But what I'm saying is that I don't agree with that argument. And Blizzard will flip-flop on the issue at some point. Just like nerfs to Cata heroics, there will be a buff to the reward structure from MoP dungeon runs.

Deleted
    They should introduce a 30% nerf to the rep required with the "option" of switching it off.

10+ Year Old Account
    OP is Right, 100% Spot on. I did dailys on my Main to get the stuff i wanted and then called it quits. Blizzard cant win. Because the only goal these people have is to " Dig " away down and find something wrong. It's not a case of " You cant make everyone happy " Some people dont want to be happy and take pride in trolling out invaild stuff.

If you guys want to be something on this game, Work for it and quit asking for Welfair.
    " The fear of God is the beginning of Wisdom, Therefore he who has no fear of god has no wisdom "
    People saying we are in the end-times really don't know anything. Such as there's going to be 7 years of world peace before it happens and as long as china and russia are still a thing its safe to say its not going to happen anytime soon.

Deleted
    It isn't a matter of not liking the same things. It's a simple case of the minority complaining about being "forced" to do something which has been proven to be 100% optional and has literally no effect on progression, the gear is useless by the time you get to the required standing. Plenty of other things to do, as has been stated countless times.
    its the minority that is not complaining

10+ Year Old Account
    Rep system is fine for 1 character, it's for the alts it completely sucks.

No chance in hell I am repeating those boring dailies on my alts.

So, we all see a minority of people constantly crying over the fact that they feel as they have no option but to do dailies, and I cannot for the life of me see why they feel that way, it literally baffles me.

The only items you need to be exalted for are cosmetic, mounts etc... the rest is at honoured/revered, and even they are useless by the time you get to the standing anyway.

I could go into further detail about specific items, but in general, there is absolutely no need to do the dailies, at all. If you don't want to do them, then simply don't. It is very easy to get to the LFR ilvl for starters, in which you can start to collect all the welfare epics you need. From this point, normal mode raids are very easy, don't forget MANY guilds cleared this content in heroic blues, and geared up from there without even touching the dailies.

After running a week or two of normals, and do the LFR on top, plus Sha of Anger, you will be plenty geared enough to start making progress on heroic modes. As I said, by the time you get to honoured/revered with which ever faction you think you need an item from, you won't need it, or it will only be a slight upgrade, to which you must ask yourself, is that REALLY "forcing" you to do dailies? The answer is no.

the RNG gods aren't that nice to every one people feel like they "NEED" to do dailies to supplement their gear coz they are unlucky or to make raiding smoother

i guess you also believe that enchanting your gear is optional also? its a shame that the weapon and bracer enchants are stuck behind so much rep
    Last edited by thunderdragon2; 2012-11-17 at 04:21 PM.

Easy solution.

Cap rep earned per day. This can vary by faction, and even by current standing with said faction. Put tabards back in. Now, everyone can go gain rep by running dungeons, doing daily quests, or some combination thereof. No double dipping, and the rate of reputation gain remains exactly the same. Accelerate rep gain on alts across battle.net account based on current standing with that specific faction of the most advanced character on the account. Something like Friendly = 200%, Revered = 300%, Exalted = 400%.

Making that a weekly cap instead of dailly would be a lot more friendly for players that have families, jobs, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by dejaa View Post
    Easy solution.

Cap rep earned per day. This can vary by faction, and even by current standing with said faction. Put tabards back in. Now, everyone can go gain rep by running dungeons, doing daily quests, or some combination thereof. No double dipping, and the rate of reputation gain remains exactly the same. Accelerate rep gain on alts across battle.net account based on current standing with that specific faction of the most advanced character on the account. Something like Friendly = 200%, Revered = 300%, Exalted = 400%.

Making that a weekly cap instead of dailly would be a lot more friendly for players that have families, jobs, etc.
    i suggested this in a similar thread let me find that reply i got to it

Quote Originally Posted by Gurbz View Post
    The only problem with that is, even with a daily cap on rep dungeons then become so rewarding that it makes the dailies obsolete. At that point in dungeons you can get gold, gear, rep, and valor all in one stop. The only reason people would do any dailies would then be the charms, even if they really liked dailies, because the dungeons would be too rewarding to skip.

I'm not against alternate ways to get rep, as long as any options added are not so good as to become the automatic "correct" choice for how to spend one's time in game. It has to be balanced so that people really can choose the content they most want to do at that time.
    this guy clearly didn't read my post

Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post

No, I did not read your post in a similar thread. I did, however, post an opinion in this thread. See what I did, there?

Wrong.

Firstly, at no point did I tell people "how" to play the game, I actually pointed out that the dailies are not at all a must.

Secondly, don't craft? Did I say that? I crafted myself 2 epics, and bought a 3rd, plus the DMF trink. Didn't mention alts, because I I said a few minutes ago, having alts has literally no effect on the fact that the dailies are 100% optional. In regards to the time comment, the dailies don't take long at all. If people don't have the time to do them, then don't, it is literally THAT simple.

The game is daily focused? Where and how? Making mounts and vanity items require people to gain rep is hardly focusing an entire game purely on dailies. It is comments such as yours that just take all credibility away from any small argument they could have, if any, about dailies.
    If people are complaining about the amount of time it takes to do the dailies then why do they take so long (even more so on a PVP server)? If it's optional then why hide gear and recipies behind them? Ignore the fact that dailies =! content, it's just wow chores with a minuscule amount of reward for people in between raids. What if some people don't raid all the time but want to see some sort of character progression? There are plenty of things wrong with the current system when the old ways worked better. But if you are going to sit here and tell us how dailies, now a CORE PART OF THE GAME, is now optional because you said so you have to be more convincing than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Windfury View Post
    His point isn't valid. He's created yet another thread that is nothing but ripping into people who don't want to play the game the same way as he does. Telling those people how to play adds absolutely nothing to this discussion.

Great for him if he doesn't craft, doesn't have alts, doesn't have a guild that expects you to do them and has enough time or the ability to log on each day/regularly for long enough to do them, or simply enjoys questing. But many people don't have those things and have legitimate objections as to how daily focused the game is.
    And it's different than you guys constantly complaining about dailies?

All of us will continue to argue in an endless loop unless both sides give and just stop.

So..stop..and we will too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post

Just because I disagree does not mean I didn't read it. Granted, you at least said that you wanted 1 character to do the grind the normal way, which is better than just adding the rep tabards back in. It still does not change the fact that gaining rep from dungeons at an equal pace to dailies makes the dungeons too rewarding, to the point that a player would be stupid to do dailies at all even if they hated dungeons. The rate of valor acquisition is higher, you get more gold, and you get gear and/or enchanting mats. Further, all this is done in about 20-30 minutes not counting queue times, making them faster than the daily quests as well. If you want to add rep gains into the dungeons at an equal level to what the dailies are now on top of all that, then we go right back to Wrath/Cata where all everyone ever did was grind dungeons and maybe raid because that was by far the most efficient way to play.

There has to be a tradeoff to maintain the balance, even if the tabard system was only for alts. The best suggestion I have heard on this front is make it so that you can choose to either gain rep or valor as a reward for the random dungeons, up to a weekly cap.
    I found I enjoyed the game significantly more when I stopped paying attention to all the people on the forums telling me how much I am supposed to hate it
    All this complaining is simply further proof that Blizzard could send each and every player a real-life wish-granting flying unicorn carrying a solid gold plate of chocolate chip cookies wrapped in hundred dollar bills, and someone would whine that Blizzard sucks for not letting them choose oatmeal raisin.