Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
5
... LastLast
  1. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by mosely View Post
    The tabbard thing is actually a legitimate solution. And you wouldn't even be forced to do it yourself if you preferred doing daily quests. You simply want to prevent people from acquiring the same loot you have, without doing something that you perceive to be as difficult as your daily quest grind. Some would argue that dungeons are much harder than dailies. After all, when in the history of this expansion has anyone ever failed a daily quest?
    It's not a legitimate solution because it makes running dungeons too rewarding. Dungeons already give you everything you need, and makes you fully prepared for both raiding and LFR. From raiding you get even better rewards than the valor point gear, so there really is little to no reason to get the valor gear unless you wish to get that extra bonus advantage, which should take a bit of extra effort outside of the stuff you already do.

  2. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaozu View Post
    It's not a legitimate solution because it makes running dungeons too rewarding. Dungeons already give you everything you need, and makes you fully prepared for both raiding and LFR. From raiding you get even better rewards than the valor point gear, so there really is little to no reason to get the valor gear unless you wish to get that extra bonus advantage, which should take a bit of extra effort outside of the stuff you already do.
    What if the tabard system was re-implemented, but daily rewards were increased to provide balance?

    Doomhammer EU

  3. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by TobiasX View Post
    My role in this is not to come up with ideas for the alternative, only to request it. It's Blizzard's role to consider my perspective, whether or not they want to spend time thinking about alternatives, whether or not they want to spend time developing alternatives, and whether or not they want to spend time implementing alternatives. Under no circumstances should somebody requesting alternatives be expected to provide ideas for said alternatives themselves.

    However, I do think that the tabard system (WotLK, Cata) and specific-dungeon-for-specific-rep system (TBC) aren't particularly good ideas. The former provides no connection to the faction and the latter forces people into specific dungeons. I'd actually be happy with giving up the chance for loot from a boss in order to gain reputation from killing them though.
    True, it's not your job to come up with ideas for Blizzard of what to do, however the reason I asked was that if even us the players can't come up with a good alternative, how can Blizzard?

    I agree that there should perhaps be an alternative way of obtaining rep with the factions outside of daily quests, but I disagree that there should be rep tabards. If they came up with another way to get reputation that involves a task you wouldn't already be doing for other things, that is done out in the world, and that can't make you exalted with all the factions within a couple of days, I'm all for it.

  4. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by Nekosom View Post
    I've wondered for a while now why some people say dailies take too much time when they obviously don't
    I.HATE.QUESTS. After working through a crapload of them to get to 90, I was completely fed up with quests. Anything more than 10min per day of quests is too much for me.

    Surprise: Some people hate dailies more than you do.

  5. #45
    Legendary! draykorinee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Ciderland, arrgh.
    Posts
    6,419
    Quote Originally Posted by TobiasX View Post
    What if the tabard system was re-implemented, but daily rewards were increased to provide balance?
    Or the tabards were reduced.

    Anyway I hope they do change it so the minority like OP can cry about how everything is given to people on a plate.....sarcasm.

  6. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by TobiasX View Post
    What if the tabard system was re-implemented, but daily rewards were increased to provide balance?
    It doesn't provide any balance because the tabard system both is and always will be a lot faster, since you get the reputation whilst doing something you would have done anyway.

  7. #47
    Legendary! draykorinee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Ciderland, arrgh.
    Posts
    6,419
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaozu View Post
    It doesn't provide any balance because the tabard system both is and always will be a lot faster, since you get the reputation whilst doing something you would have done anyway.
    No offense but I havent touched a dungeon since I geared up from them, I only go back to heroics for VP, right now you need dailies to get the gear so you hit a circle of needing to do dailies to make dungeons worth doing. Before you would do dungeons, cap vp then go do daileis to help supplement tabard rep now you avoid dungeons and spam dailies to get the rep needed.

  8. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaozu View Post
    True, it's not your job to come up with ideas for Blizzard of what to do, however the reason I asked was that if even us the players can't come up with a good alternative, how can Blizzard?
    Because Blizzard has a team of individuals who are paid to come up with solutions to perceived problems. It is their job, and what they spend a significant amount of their time at the Blizzard offices to do. That is why we can expect them to come up with good alternatives if they decide it's a problem they want to fix.

    Quote Originally Posted by Chaozu View Post
    I agree that there should perhaps be an alternative way of obtaining rep with the factions outside of daily quests, but I disagree that there should be rep tabards. If they came up with another way to get reputation that involves a task you wouldn't already be doing for other things, that is done out in the world, and that can't make you exalted with all the factions within a couple of days, I'm all for it.
    I agree with you up to "out in the world".

    Doomhammer EU

  9. #49
    Legendary! draykorinee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Ciderland, arrgh.
    Posts
    6,419
    Quote Originally Posted by TobiasX View Post
    Because Blizzard has a team of individuals who are paid to come up with solutions to perceived problems. It is their job, and what they spend a significant amount of their time at the Blizzard offices to do. That is why we can expect them to come up with good alternatives if they decide it's a problem they want to fix.


    I agree with you up to "out in the world".
    I love this getting out in the the world that blizzard are trying, what that means right now is mob tagging and stealing quest items its hardly like people go out to explore the world, we just go to the daily zone and glare at every other person incase they loot/kill your target quest mob or wait for respawns in the hope you tag it first. GG, loving dailies getting us out in to the world.

  10. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by Windfury View Post
    His point isn't valid. He's created yet another thread that is nothing but ripping into people who don't want to play the game the same way as he does. Telling those people how to play adds absolutely nothing to this discussion.
    Opposing views aren't valid?

  11. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaozu View Post
    It's not a legitimate solution because it makes running dungeons too rewarding. Dungeons already give you everything you need, and makes you fully prepared for both raiding and LFR.
    Traditionally dungeons are the stepping-stone to raids, which makes perfect sense, since they're basically mini-raids.

    Adding dailies to that mix is just bad design, a lot of people who want to raid hate dailies.

    From raiding you get even better rewards than the valor point gear, so there really is little to no reason to get the valor gear
    By that reasoning there's little to no reason to get normal mode raid gear either, since you get even better rewards from heroic modes.

    Heck, why bother with heroic raid gear? It will become obsolete when the next tier is released.

    ---------- Post added 2012-11-17 at 04:33 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    I love this getting out in the the world that blizzard are trying, what that means right now is mob tagging and stealing quest items its hardly like people go out to explore the world, we just go to the daily zone and glare at every other person incase they loot/kill your target quest mob or wait for respawns in the hope you tag it first. GG, loving dailies getting us out in to the world.
    Of course, since many servers aren't balanced, you end up fighting your own faction instead of the opposing one.

    ---------- Post added 2012-11-17 at 04:36 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by GhostSkull View Post
    Opposing views aren't valid?
    If they pull "facts" from their rectum, or state opinions as facts, then no, they're not valid.

  12. #52
    Quote Originally Posted by PuppetShowJustice View Post
    How many alts do you have?
    How is this any sort of relevant meter of how much content there is in a game, or how much of a grind anything is?

    If current content is too time consuming for you to run alts with, here's a thought. Pick your favorite class, and ignore the rest for the time being.

    The summary of the dailies issue: Stuff to do that some folks like > nothing to do.

    ---------- Post added 2012-11-17 at 10:41 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    I love this getting out in the the world that blizzard are trying, what that means right now is mob tagging and stealing quest items its hardly like people go out to explore the world, we just go to the daily zone and glare at every other person incase they loot/kill your target quest mob or wait for respawns in the hope you tag it first. GG, loving dailies getting us out in to the world.
    That's a 'most players are self absorbed assholes' problem, not a Blizzard problem.
    Benevolence is a luxury for the strong - Wrathion

  13. #53
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoochlol View Post
    the fact that the dailies are 100% optional.
    The whole game is optional.

    Some people like to have the best gear, and they're upset that (as of right now) you have to get gear from Rep which requires mindless dailies. Now if dungeons were useful longer than 2-3 days at 90, or if there's a point for JP, or if there were rewards from Scenarios, or if there are other ways to get better gear then there would be less complaints. Seriously, if you don't want to hear people voice their opinion about something then you need to go crawl back under the rock you just came out of.

    Personally There isn't much left in this game for me, but I enjoy raiding and with my horrible work schedule LFR is the only thing keeping me subscribed. I still haven't reached Exalted with any Rep and the few I do have at Revered I can't buy their gear anyway because I don't have that much VP.

  14. #54
    Quote Originally Posted by TobiasX View Post
    Because Blizzard has a team of individuals who are paid to come up with solutions to perceived problems. It is their job, and what they spend a significant amount of their time at the Blizzard offices to do. That is why we can expect them to come up with good alternatives if they decide it's a problem they want to fix.
    This is very true, however they could have all the developers in the world working on the issue and it woudn't give anything if there really is no solution. Don't get me wrong, I definitely think there is, but considering the time that has gone and I have yet to see anyone, anywhere come up with a good suggestion, I wouldn't expect anything anytime soon.

    Quote Originally Posted by TobiasX View Post
    I agree with you up to "out in the world".
    Why do you dislike doing things out in the world? Personally I'm sick and tired to death of all these queuing systems that allows you to just stand around in Orgrimmar waiting for them to pop. I'm glad they finally have some stuff outside of that.

  15. #55
    Remove dailies, the same people would be whining that there is nothing to do or its too easy to get epics.

    The 5.1 change should help a lot, so let's see what its like the other side of that.

  16. #56
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaozu View Post
    It's not a legitimate solution because it makes running dungeons too rewarding. Dungeons already give you everything you need, and makes you fully prepared for both raiding and LFR. From raiding you get even better rewards than the valor point gear, so there really is little to no reason to get the valor gear unless you wish to get that extra bonus advantage, which should take a bit of extra effort outside of the stuff you already do.
    Yes, I get that the Double-Dipping argument is Blizzard's current official stance on the matter. But what I'm saying is that I don't agree with that argument. And Blizzard will flip-flop on the issue at some point. Just like nerfs to Cata heroics, there will be a buff to the reward structure from MoP dungeon runs.

  17. #57
    They should introduce a 30% nerf to the rep required with the "option" of switching it off.

  18. #58
    High Overlord Jaroko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    In another World.
    Posts
    103
    OP is Right, 100% Spot on. I did dailys on my Main to get the stuff i wanted and then called it quits. Blizzard cant win. Because the only goal these people have is to " Dig " away down and find something wrong. It's not a case of " You cant make everyone happy " Some people dont want to be happy and take pride in trolling out invaild stuff.

    If you guys want to be something on this game, Work for it and quit asking for Welfair.
    Maturity has more to do with what types of experiences you've had, and what you've learned from them, and less to do with how many birthdays you've celebrated.

    In todays times, People are obsessed with the end of days, Claiming that these are the darkest of times. It's only when you open a History book do we realize we have no right to - Scott J Keill.

  19. #59
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoochlol View Post
    It isn't a matter of not liking the same things. It's a simple case of the minority complaining about being "forced" to do something which has been proven to be 100% optional and has literally no effect on progression, the gear is useless by the time you get to the required standing. Plenty of other things to do, as has been stated countless times.
    its the minority that is not complaining

  20. #60
    The Lightbringer Tekkommo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    3,436
    Rep system is fine for 1 character, it's for the alts it completely sucks.

    No chance in hell I am repeating those boring dailies on my alts.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •