10+ Year Old Account

Alterac Valley appreciation thread

I just want to congratulate AV as being the only thing that has consistently kept me coming back to WoW.

Today I queue'd for AV, not because I needed honour, not because I needed an achievement, but simply because it's fun.

The fight went on for about 25 minutes, we pushed back and forth, fought in all different areas of the map, inside bunkers, towers and boss rooms, out in the field of strife, on cliffs, everywhere. There were multiple skirmishes going on in all different places at once, and a big 20v20 fight happening near a graveyard.

No other battleground yet gives me the same feeling that AV does, so thankyou.

the only time it's fun for me is when I'm in a turtle fight.. and i'm on my dk. howling blasted my way to over 25mil damage in a 30 minute timeframe the other day. that's fun in AV. zerging the boss isn't.

AV is my second favorite BG, after IoC. I really like how it's a bunch of simultaneous battles, and how stealth is actually good there.

Gawd bless AV rocks - even in its current crippled state. I took a break after killing Deathwing, but thinking of renewing my sub. There may only be a couple of friends left in the guild, and that's great... but even if they have left... I would still come back for AV. Nothing else about the expac (or WoW in general) is compelling to me.

For The Horde!

Oh AV, when will I ever get the Frostwolf Perfection achievement? Sigh.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xenro View Post
    Oh AV, when will I ever get the Frostwolf Perfection achievement? Sigh.
    I'd get that one regularly. On my RP the Horde is actually turtling quite often and effectively.

I dont mind it when I play dps, as a healer i find it boring; it's still one of the better battlegrounds though.

10+ Year Old Account
    It is not as good as it once was. Still pretty great, the battles are just over all too shortly, sadly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Deleted
    I miss the old times when an AV was going on for 3-4 hours or even longer! And summon the elemental (can't remember the name of it).