Feel like i am underperforming: Ele

Hi there.

We are causally raiding twice a week, got stuck on elegon lately so we are jumping inbetween heart of fear and MSV

Using the rotation from icy-veins, Precasting Fire elemental/searing totem while tank rushes in, apply FS,Lava Burst,EB,LB spam until Lava burst proc or when its off CD and refreshing FS when its 3sec or less remaining.
    Fulmination on 6-7 charges unless it's 3 sec or less remaining on the FS

I feel like i could do alot better as ele considering i just rolled shaman for MOP and do not fully know the tricks of the trade yet, so i am asking for any gemming/rotation advice you can spare.

I am aware of the Prepot and CDpot issue, havent really ever done that so it will take some getting used to, maybe include it in a macro or something.

Armory and Logs incoming in glowpipes reply, as this is my first post on MMO-Champ
    Last edited by Shakystevens; 2012-11-17 at 12:19 PM. Reason: Added rotation

Just looking at your Feng kill I noticed you were only casting elemental blast every ~16 seconds
    And your flame shock up time could be better, should be 99%+, and I noticed your lava burst had 1 non crit
    You also earth shocked without fulmination, not a huge loss but a wasted global that may have lowered you fs up time
    Your searing totem up time seems low as well
    Anyways, you're also .5% under hit cap, and you should be swapping unleashed lightning on some fights (if you aren't already, that is)

Just a few things i noticed

Accoring to ingame stats my hit is 15% exactly so that has to be a armory bug, the earth shock has to be either a brain fart or a EoE proc i guess, i know im bad on the searing totem, still working on that.

Thanks for the advince tho

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cathuulord View Post
    Just looking at your Feng kill I noticed you were only casting elemental blast every ~16 seconds
    And your flame shock up time could be better, should be 99%+, and I noticed your lava burst had 1 non crit
    You also earth shocked without fulmination, not a huge loss but a wasted global that may have lowered you fs up time
    Your searing totem up time seems low as well
    Anyways, you're also .5% under hit cap, and you should be swapping unleashed lightning on some fights (if you aren't already, that is)

Just a few things i noticed
    In a perfect world, you are right. Maybe you can compare with your own logs - are you always close to 12 seconds for casting elemental blast?

For example in nearly every encounter, there are times where you cannot use EB because you are currently on the move (e.g. with debuff during seond phase in the Feng encounter or while gathering in the center in the third phase). You can easily lose several seconds because spiritwalker is currently on CD etc.

Still you are right that optimization is the key.

For FS uptime, I think the guide already states that losing some seconds of FS uptime because you used ES in advance with 7 orbs is no big dps loss. Still, this would you leave with roughly 97-99% uptime, I guess.

How much DPS are you thinking should you be pushing? The reason you wipe on Elegon primarily seems to be the Cosmic Sparks killing players. I mean, you have enough insight into the class to use Spiritwalker's Grace in the last phase, but then (have to?) waste Ascendance trying to kill the Sparks. Your raid should have everyone bomb the Sparks, then you should pop cooldowns and spam Lava Burst. What you should do is to skill into Ancestral Guidance and use it with Ascendance in the last phase, with that you'll pretty much keep the raid alive on your own.