View Poll Results: Most Wanted Class/Spec

Voters
191. You may not vote on this poll
  • CLASS-RUNEMASTER

    20 10.47%
  • CLASS-NECROMANCER

    60 31.41%
  • CLASS-SEA WITCH

    16 8.38%
  • CLASS-KEEPER OF THE GROVE

    11 5.76%
  • CLASS-SPELLBREAKER

    34 17.80%
  • CLASS-WARDEN

    24 12.57%
  • SPEC-CLIFFDANCER(MONK SUPPORT)

    7 3.66%
  • CLASS-WIZARD

    18 9.42%
  • CLASS-RANGER

    34 17.80%
  • SPEC-MOUNTAIN KING(WARRIOR TANK)

    15 7.85%
  • SPEC-DRUID OF THE FANG(SUPPORT DRUID)

    14 7.33%
  • CLASS-WITCH DOCTOR

    34 17.80%
  • CLASS-BARD

    45 23.56%
  • SPEC-CONSERVATION(SHAMAN TANK)

    40 20.94%
  • SPEC-SPIRIT WALKER(SHAMAN SUPPORT)

    16 8.38%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
LastLast
  1. #21
    Fluffy Kitten Baiyn's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    York, Blighty
    Posts
    5,067
    Poll needs more Battle Mage.

    Mage spec that uses staves and 1-handed swords in melee combat would look awesome.
    Derp!
    Last edited by Baiyn; 2012-11-17 at 08:08 PM. Reason: Oops!

  2. #22
    What is this Cliffdancer lol.

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    I have to agree with this, and I think if a Necromancer was added, affliction would have to be removed from the Warlock tree
    Umh that is correct: the affliction specialization of the warlocks makes more sense in the necromancers. Maybe with a global restructuring of all classes everything fits better.

    BUT let's think for a moment... the restoration tree of the druids is practically the same as the restoration tree of the shamans (indeed they have the same name). Now, there is currently a problem with that? None, in fact the two trees are different, each having certain peculiarities and different spells, without forgetting that both specializations are used both for healing with nature magic (technically they are exactly the same).

    In summary, the necromancers are fully compatible in WoW and the possible overlaps with other classes could fully coexist, each specialization having their own particular characteristics within each class.

    PD. In fact, according to my idea of ​​the necromancer class for WoW, the basics of the affliction tree of warlocks would be divided between the three specializations of necromancers, like this:

    Black Magic -> The affliction part of playing with the souls of enemies to harm them or help allies.
    Putrefaction Magic -> The affliction part of performing periodic damage over time to the enemies.
    Blood Magic -> The affliction part of playing with the lives and health of the necromancer and his allies.




    Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    Death Knights say hi. Unfortunately Death Knights are literally a cross between Warriors and Necromancers..so I doubt we'll ever see a Necromancer class.
    The same "problem" of always.... I will quote myself to answer you:

    Quote Originally Posted by Northem View Post
    And do not talk to me about the story of that necromancers are impossible to implement because there are Death Knights and Warlocks.

    The relationship between the Necromancers and Death Knights is the same as that between a priest and a paladin, or what there would be between a mage and a battle mage.

    The relationship between necromancers and warlocks is the same as that between the druids and shamans or between a ranger and a hunter.




    Quote Originally Posted by Baiyn View Post
    Poll needs more Battle Mage. Mage spec that uses staves and 1-handed swords in melee combat would look awesome.
    The idea of battle mages has already been developed by DonQShot here: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...tle-Mage-ideas
    Last edited by Northem; 2012-11-17 at 08:14 PM.

  4. #24
    Fluffy Kitten Baiyn's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    York, Blighty
    Posts
    5,067
    Quote Originally Posted by Northem View Post
    The idea of battle mages has already been developed by DonQShot here: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...tle-Mage-ideas
    Oh yeah! Woops! Didn't notice the OP. >.<'

  5. #25
    Most of these are too similar to current specs and classes, the bard is probably the only thing that could bring anything really fresh to the table.

  6. #26
    The Lightbringer Mister K's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Under your desk
    Posts
    3,846
    Support classes won't work, see Paladins in TBC (shamans and druids were initially also support right?).

    Id like to see Shaman Tank
    CASE: Coolermaster Cosmos 2 / MOBO: Asus Maximus Hero VI / CPU: i7 4770k @ 4.2Ghz 1.184v (delidded) / GPU: Gigabyte Windforce 780 3GB 1173MHz, 6589MHz, 1.2v / RAM: G.Skill Trident-X 16GB 2400Mhz / PSU: Corsair AX860 Platinum / BOOT: Samsung 840 256GB x2 Raid 0 /

  7. #27
    I am Murloc! Huntingbear_grimbatol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Norway, Trondheim
    Posts
    5,180
    Spellbreaker talent specialisation for paladins, basicly ranged dps / support spec with benefits for being in melee (think like dps mistweaver monks)

    Tank shamans, using their arsenal of elemental earth spells to guard them and their allies from harm.


    anything else is too simmelar to things that we have ingame or is just a mix between two classes that we already have.
    9thorder.com | 14/14 Heroic 25-man | West 114 | Recruiting for Warlords of Draenor!

    Follow our raids on Twitch!Bear - Retribution PoV

  8. #28
    Bloodsail Admiral DonQShot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Guimaraes
    Posts
    1,085
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    What is this Cliffdancer lol.
    hehe I don't know just thought it would b a good enough name for a possible monk spec based on support and with the red crane as its animal protector? it's been asked for some as a possible ranged dps spec but for me I would go as a support spec cause I'm different XD

  9. #29
    I wish they made MM hunter a Ranger spec - a completely petless one.

  10. #30
    runemaster - death knight
    necromancer - death knight
    sea witch - naga exclusive
    keeper of the grove - transformed night elves
    spellbreaker - possibility, but sounds boring if anything to do with ones in wc3
    warden - too similar to rogue
    cliffdancer - I don't see the point of this.
    Wizard - heard of mage?
    ranger - heard of hunter?
    mountain king - you mentioned it yourself, it's a warrior
    druid of the fang - wtf you want 5th spec for one class while everyone else has 3?
    Witch doctor - heard of shaman?
    Bard - OH MY SONG SO MIGHTY GUNNA KNOCK YOU DOWN WITH MY LULLABIES
    conservation - don't need more tank specs, need tank role made more appealing
    spirit walker - support roles are useless, you need to be either tank, dps or healer. If you aren't cool with that, maybe MMORPGs aren't for you.

    TL;DR: try harder next time.

    PS: your poll sucks.

  11. #31
    In most games, there's one "agility user" class which could specialize in either melee (rogue) or ranged (hunter) or both. I really like the "both" option, where neither are great, but there was a good mix of both, and I really enjoy that type of hybrid gameplay.

    Of course in a game like wow, such a "both" option wouldn't be viable since they'd be out performed by a rogue and hunter in either case.

  12. #32
    Bloodsail Admiral DonQShot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Guimaraes
    Posts
    1,085
    Quote Originally Posted by Reyzzz View Post
    runemaster - death knight
    necromancer - death knight
    sea witch - naga exclusive
    keeper of the grove - transformed night elves
    spellbreaker - possibility, but sounds boring if anything to do with ones in wc3
    warden - too similar to rogue
    cliffdancer - I don't see the point of this.
    Wizard - heard of mage?
    ranger - heard of hunter?
    mountain king - you mentioned it yourself, it's a warrior
    druid of the fang - wtf you want 5th spec for one class while everyone else has 3?
    Witch doctor - heard of shaman?
    Bard - OH MY SONG SO MIGHTY GUNNA KNOCK YOU DOWN WITH MY LULLABIES
    conservation - don't need more tank specs, need tank role made more appealing
    spirit walker - support roles are useless, you need to be either tank, dps or healer. If you aren't cool with that, maybe MMORPGs aren't for you.

    TL;DR: try harder next time.

    PS: your poll sucks.
    Alrighty then take care now bye bye then =)

  13. #33
    I would LOVE to have a Calculator-type class. If you've played FF-Tactics you would know how awesome they can be. Kill them bastards with MATH.

    From the list provided, I'd pick a bard/type. Using different types of instruments to do support/damage would be awesome.
    If you must insist on using a non-sanctioned sitting apparatus, please consider the tensile strength
    of the materials present in the object in question in comparison to your own mass volumetric density.

    In other words, stop breaking shit with your fat ass.

  14. #34
    I am Murloc! Ryngo Blackratchet's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Danger Zone
    Posts
    5,344
    I dont see it up there, but I've been waiting for a summoner class. Not a bullshit pet class, a true summoner. Someone who summons avatars of the elemental primes to do massive attacks. They wouldn't need to be pets, it could be done almost in an aura fashion where "Evoking" one elemental avatar would cause it's image to appear near you, causing additional damage along with your regular nukes, filling a resource. Once you've gained enough of the resource, you'd unleash a huge attack from that avatar and it'd fade, along with a cooldown on its summon.

    You'd then summon another avatar and basically cycle through them over the course of the fight. Along with their giant attack, they'd also have utility and group support abilities and buffs that they'd offer the group while they were active.

    Endless possibilities here. We need a class that represents true power, not just some ragtag group of upcoming adventurers that saves the world one day and is collecting eggs the next, totally unacknowledged by the rest of the population.
    Quote Originally Posted by Verain View Post
    Aw fuckit. You guys all know this. This whole (rogue)forum is just a bunch of us hanging at the back of a bar, and the only thing that's different is whether we order whiskey or beer, and whether we drink enough to distract us or enough to floor us.

  15. #35
    Mechagnome nachoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Colorado!
    Posts
    557
    we be need'in a which doctor mon'
    "BC was a hot chick that took alot of work but was rewarding in the end, Cata is the drunk chick that supplied similar results with less effort." -couldnt have said it better.

    Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    Give up trying to understand her, women tend to handle problems with emotion rather than logic.

  16. #36
    Bloodsail Admiral DonQShot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Guimaraes
    Posts
    1,085
    Quote Originally Posted by tielknight View Post
    I would LOVE to have a Calculator-type class. If you've played FF-Tactics you would know how awesome they can be. Kill them bastards with MATH.

    From the list provided, I'd pick a bard/type. Using different types of instruments to do support/damage would be awesome.
    This made me giggle =)

    ---------- Post added 2012-11-17 at 10:25 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    I dont see it up there, but I've been waiting for a summoner class. Not a bullshit pet class, a true summoner. Someone who summons avatars of the elemental primes to do massive attacks. They wouldn't need to be pets, it could be done almost in an aura fashion where "Evoking" one elemental avatar would cause it's image to appear near you, causing additional damage along with your regular nukes, filling a resource. Once you've gained enough of the resource, you'd unleash a huge attack from that avatar and it'd fade, along with a cooldown on its summon.

    You'd then summon another avatar and basically cycle through them over the course of the fight. Along with their giant attack, they'd also have utility and group support abilities and buffs that they'd offer the group while they were active.

    Endless possibilities here. We need a class that represents true power, not just some ragtag group of upcoming adventurers that saves the world one day and is collecting eggs the next, totally unacknowledged by the rest of the population.
    Yeh I think that's a good request, one that I wish to see fulfilled by the Spirit Walker spec for shamans. But imo, I would like to see it as more of a support type of class, which in practice would work the same way as u described (which btw seems damn cool bro) but instead of pulling out huge damage from all the "avatars" it would instead summon them according to their expertise, like each one would have a specific role hence bring a specific row of utilities and benefits. And as a shaman spec, these avatars could easily be put into totems but instead of being elementals they would be fallen heroes with random names like the dk pet. How about it?

    ---------- Post added 2012-11-17 at 10:26 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by nachoo View Post
    we be need'in a which doctor mon'
    Boogieman style

  17. #37
    That little regard to new ideas ... and that narrow-mindedness ... I will not repeat what it has already been said because I would be a overpost... I just hope that Blizzard copies some creativity that there are by these forums ...

  18. #38

  19. #39
    Bloodsail Admiral DonQShot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Guimaraes
    Posts
    1,085
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtree View Post
    I find the lack of a warlock tank option disturbing.
    LOL now what is it that makes you still not be enough satisfied with the Demon Hunting glyph? But just out of curiosity, what and how do u propose such addition could be made?

  20. #40
    Mechagnome Kuel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    580
    I want a gravity mage.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •