Poll: Most Wanted Class/Spec

Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

MMO-C'S Most Wanted Classes/Specs

So, as seen in various discussions that usually sprout out from other discussions and because i think everyone has an opinion about this(apart from the reluctant ones) I think this is a good and orderly way to find out what the community wants. As we all know, demon hunters, tinkers, dragonsworns, battlemage and invokers are already the top 5 and don't need to show up in here. And for those hearing about this for the first time just enter any thread in my sig and see for urselves ^^
    Btw, b warned that I may b tempted to create the class with the most votes =P.
    So vote ahead

10+ Year Old Account
    necromancers! leather users (leather = dead animals remnants), sorcerers of short-range area magic (this would be new), invokers, three specializations: dark magic (dps and utility: frost and shadow magic), putrefaction magic (dps: nature magic, diseases, plagues, temporary invocations) Blood Magic (heal, supporters), available races: humans, orcs, dwarves, Forsaken, blood Elves, worgen; weapons: staffs, daggers, throwing weapons, grimoires, etc ...
    Last edited by Northem; 2012-11-17 at 12:52 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    bard - mid to long range ranged weapon user with support ability.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bard FTW

10+ Year Old Account
    And do not talk to me about the story of that necromancers are impossible to implement because there are Death Knights and Warlocks.

The relationship between the Necromancers and Death Knights is the same as that between a priest and a paladin, or what there would be between a mage and a battle mage.

The relationship between necromancers and warlocks is the same as that between the druids and shamans or between a ranger and a hunter.

Honestly kinda surprised WoW didn't come out with a Necromancer, I guess they thought it was to similar to a lock.

I thought of one even wrote it up when I was at work when we had real talent trees. The Witch Doctor. The three specs would have been life, death, and spirit.

Life would have been a heal spec, death a dps, and spirit a support.

The one spell I had for them that I thought was cool was a battle rez that imbued the recipient (a zombie) w/increase stats, but they only stay alive for 1 minute

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DonQShot View Post
    Btw, b warned that I may b tempted to create the class with the most votes =P.
    If by any chance the necromancers win the poll (which I do not think they will), I have many ideas and sketches on how that class might be implemented in wow, it's actually my favorite pastime. At your service all you need (your other class ideas are incredible by the way).

Deleted
    Voted ranger in the hope that it's basically a hunter without a pet, maybe in leather - I'd love that. I guess bard would be my second choice if I'm wrong.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Northem View Post
    necromancers! leather users (leather = dead animals remnants), sorcerers of short-range area magic (this would be new), invokers, three specializations: dark magic (dps and utility: frost and shadow magic), putrefaction magic (dps: nature magic, diseases, plagues, temporary invocations) Blood Magic (heal, supporters), available races: humans, orcs, dwarves, Forsaken, blood Elves, worgen; weapons: staffs, daggers, throwing weapons, grimoires, etc ...
    Hey u actually have the concept in the right place =). Leather wearer caster with medium to short aoe based attacks. Sounds cool! I did make my Invoker class to be medium to short caster as well but I did not limited it's attacks to aoe only and this is really interesting. I do have already many abilities I found here and there BUT if u would care to share urs through Pivate message that would be a major help for me =). Ur specs also seem well thought and although I do have my own, I think I can match them nicely so it would stay like this: Dark Magic+Ascendance- full on dps with a spectral ghost avatar and deals melee aoe shadow and frost damage. Putrefaction Magic+Evocation- aoe nature dots spread by temporary undead pets that protect the necromancer and stay near him at all times. Animation- Focuses on cc by controlling inanimated weapons, armor pieces, objects and corpses by infusing them with vanquished souls. I did not use blood magic because I honestly think that theme is more than well represented with the blood dk and my own blood mage Invoker ^^. Tell me what u think then!

10+ Year Old Account
    Bard is my favorite MMO class ever. So obvious choice.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mteq View Post
    bard - mid to long range ranged weapon user with support ability.
    Can do, ranged weapons could be an harp or a off hand flute, just for showing really. My idea is that it would be heavily based on its own continuous singing to excel in combat so the louder and longer it sings, the stronger its abilities and support become. It would have 1 dps melee spec and 2 ranged support specs. How do u feel about it?

---------- Post added 2012-11-17 at 02:06 PM ----------

And do not talk to me about the story of that necromancers are impossible to implement because there are Death Knights and Warlocks.

The relationship between the Necromancers and Death Knights is the same as that between a priest and a paladin, or what there would be between a mage and a battle mage.

The relationship between necromancers and warlocks is the same as that between the druids and shamans or between a ranger and a hunter.
    my thoughts as well ^^

---------- Post added 2012-11-17 at 02:12 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Maneo View Post
    Honestly kinda surprised WoW didn't come out with a Necromancer, I guess they thought it was to similar to a lock.

I thought of one even wrote it up when I was at work when we had real talent trees. The Witch Doctor. The three specs would have been life, death, and spirit.

Life would have been a heal spec, death a dps, and spirit a support.

The one spell I had for them that I thought was cool was a battle rez that imbued the recipient (a zombie) w/increase stats, but they only stay alive for 1 minute
    Gottcha . I will use ur cool ability as an in-combat ress that increases the stats of the ressurrected ally but only lasts for a small time. Really well thought of m8! I did think about them specs as well and I came up with: Juju doc-healer/Hexmaster-support/Shadow hunter-dps

---------- Post added 2012-11-17 at 02:14 PM ----------

If by any chance the necromancers win the poll (which I do not think they will), I have many ideas and sketches on how that class might be implemented in wow, it's actually my favorite pastime. At your service all you need (your other class ideas are incredible by the way).
    This, this is most kind of u THANK YOU. And yes I would love to have ur ideas to work on if u wish to

I realise that lorewise warlocks are completely diffrent from necromancers. Blizz made one mistake tho - thay gave affli to locks. In-game it conflicts with anything that necros could have. Warlocks are supposed to be using destructive magic, fel flames and summon demons. Affli is kind of out of place because it's a necromancer inspired spec - decay, plague, corruption and soul draining.

I feel that blizz would have trouble giving necros any abilites that would clearly distinct them from locks, affli locks specificaly.
    Last edited by hidey0shi; 2012-11-17 at 02:22 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I always loved the idea of having like a warrior/mage fusion class. Able to wield 2h weapons (Swords, Axes, Maces etc.) and also able to cast mage spells like fire, frost and arcane. It would be a tank/dps class. Not sure what it could be called though....Arcane Warrior...? I don't know, something like that. Also a class that's like an engineer type where you can have stuff like robotic minions fighting for you.
    Last edited by Pony Soldier; 2012-11-17 at 03:18 PM.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

10+ Year Old Account
    I chose bard and any pure support class option. I've played them in other games and absolutely loved them.

Plus bards are just pure win!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hidey0shi View Post
    I realise that lorewise warlocks are completely diffrent from necromancers. Blizz made one mistake tho - thay gave affli to locks. In-game it conflicts with anything that necros could have. Warlocks are supposed to be using destructive magic, fel flames and summon demons. Affli is kind of out of place because it's a necromancer inspired spec - decay, plague, corruption and soul draining.

I feel that blizz would have trouble giving necros any abilites that would clearly distinct them from locks, affli locks specificaly.
    I have to agree with this, and I think if a Necromancer was added, affliction would have to be removed from the Warlock tree

A hunter w/o a pet and a set of different and unique spells, buffs, CCs and counters would be great, as a *spec* for the existing class.

Same goes for a battle-mage

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by hidey0shi View Post

Hmm that is for the time being, a true statement and a very sound problem. I never played affli but with all things considered I still think it has its demonic feel above all else. But the ball is on the necromancer class designer's side. For example, if necromancer's were to have a different, unconventional way of play. Me and my friend Northem in the posts above have already discussed what can be a necromancer. But at the end of the day, it's still probably gonna be a dot based class, which I don't think it's a completely bad thing, let me clear =P

Death Knights say hi.

Unfortunately Death Knights are literally a cross between Warriors and Necromancers..so I doubt we'll ever see a Necromancer class.

If I had to guess, the next class with be a Plate Healer and DPS class.

My only reason for suspecting that is because there's literally only one class who needs Plate Spirit gear, and if they did that they could balance out the gear distribution better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Geminiwolf View Post
    I always loved the idea of having like a warrior/mage fusion class. Able to wield 2h weapons (Swords, Axes, Maces etc.) and also able to cast mage spells like fire, frost and arcane. It would be a tank/dps class. Not sure what it could be called though....Arcane Warrior...? I don't know, something like that. Also a class that's like an engineer type where you can have stuff like robotic minions fighting for you.
    HAHA I've seen u've met my BATTLEMAGE concept XD! I will reply it soon lol. And if u still are looking for it, here's the Tinker class

---------- Post added 2012-11-17 at 06:39 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Rivellana View Post
    I chose bard and any pure support class option. I've played them in other games and absolutely loved them.

Plus bards are just pure win!
    lol Bards are in 2nd place for now =P

Deleted
    Witch Doctor easily! I loved the concept in D3 but the summons were to weak