View Poll Results: Most Wanted Class/Spec

Voters
191. You may not vote on this poll
  • CLASS-RUNEMASTER

    20 10.47%
  • CLASS-NECROMANCER

    60 31.41%
  • CLASS-SEA WITCH

    16 8.38%
  • CLASS-KEEPER OF THE GROVE

    11 5.76%
  • CLASS-SPELLBREAKER

    34 17.80%
  • CLASS-WARDEN

    24 12.57%
  • SPEC-CLIFFDANCER(MONK SUPPORT)

    7 3.66%
  • CLASS-WIZARD

    18 9.42%
  • CLASS-RANGER

    34 17.80%
  • SPEC-MOUNTAIN KING(WARRIOR TANK)

    15 7.85%
  • SPEC-DRUID OF THE FANG(SUPPORT DRUID)

    14 7.33%
  • CLASS-WITCH DOCTOR

    34 17.80%
  • CLASS-BARD

    45 23.56%
  • SPEC-CONSERVATION(SHAMAN TANK)

    40 20.94%
  • SPEC-SPIRIT WALKER(SHAMAN SUPPORT)

    16 8.38%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
LastLast
  1. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    My only reason for suspecting that is because there's literally only one class who needs Plate Spirit gear, and if they did that they could balance out the gear distribution better.
    The same goes for cloth and mail -.-

    Anyways, i went for a wizard. Need more casters!

  2. #42
    Game has enough seperate classes. It'd be far more interesting to actually merge some of the classes that exist now, but that would create all sorts of balance issues (example: combo hunter and rogue).
    Benevolence is a luxury for the strong - Wrathion

  3. #43
    The Lightbringer Kevyne-Shandris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Basking in the Light
    Posts
    3,255
    None of the above, as it doesnt offer Multi-classes.

    Paladin/Cleric/Rogue = bliss.
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes. They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."
    Blizzard's blame game in action: Deleting 6,100+ of Kevyne's posts and threads from the WoW forums.

  4. #44
    Isn't a wizard technically a mage?

  5. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by DonQShot View Post
    LOL now what is it that makes you still not be enough satisfied with the Demon Hunting glyph? But just out of curiosity, what and how would u propose such addition could be made?
    The glyph lacks a lot of what makes a real tank. It was too good when the first raid bosses came up on the PTR, so blizz got out the nerf bat and hit it repeatedly: no crit reduction, reduced damage mitigation, reduced the HP cheat from soul link. And locks can't queue as tanks, so they are not tanks.

    The answer is a fourth spec. They've already got a great name in place: Dark Apotheosis.

  6. #46
    Damn, that spec name sounds badass, I definitely want it even though I don't play warlock now.

    I think the op forgot one of the most popular hero in wc3, I would vote for the Class : Blademaster

  7. #47
    Bloodsail Admiral DonQShot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Guimaraes
    Posts
    1,085
    Quote Originally Posted by GarGar View Post
    In most games, there's one "agility user" class which could specialize in either melee (rogue) or ranged (hunter) or both. I really like the "both" option, where neither are great, but there was a good mix of both, and I really enjoy that type of hybrid gameplay.

    Of course in a game like wow, such a "both" option wouldn't be viable since they'd be out performed by a rogue and hunter in either case.
    I suppose that can be done without hurting the performance of the spec itself. Didn't say class because it would feel too complicated and ultimately a big waste of time to make that type of play for an entire clas. But a spec could b interesting. As I was saying, if u think about current demo locks, their combat is a mix of ranged and melee and even though I was in disagreement in the beginning and still am about this type of, should I say broken mechanic, as long as it doesn't affect the performance in raids and dungeons I'm fine with it. But I now know that there people like urself that enjoy mixed playstyles and that's cool. So point is, if we take demo locks as an example of a ranged/melee dps, then I think the WARDENS could be the next to pull out such a style but more like melee/ranged dps. They would start to build their resource in melee and then unleash powerful attacks at range. Sounds good =)?

    ---------- Post added 2012-11-18 at 01:39 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Kuel View Post
    I want a gravity mage.
    How about a gravity WIZARD =)?

    ---------- Post added 2012-11-18 at 01:52 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Tedsterz View Post
    Isn't a wizard technically a mage?
    not how I see it no =)

    ---------- Post added 2012-11-18 at 02:19 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Jtree View Post
    The glyph lacks a lot of what makes a real tank. It was too good when the first raid bosses came up on the PTR, so blizz got out the nerf bat and hit it repeatedly: no crit reduction, reduced damage mitigation, reduced the HP cheat from soul link. And locks can't queue as tanks, so they are not tanks.

    The answer is a fourth spec. They've already got a great name in place: Dark Apotheosis.
    So u would be in favor of a 4th tank spec but leave metamorph in the demo spec or remove it as well, making the demo spec be all about pets? And how woud the demonic fury work? And which spec would get it? This is not a small task for Blizz.

  8. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by DonQShot View Post
    So u would be in favor of a 4th tank spec but leave metamorph in the demo spec or remove it as well, making the demo spec be all about pets? And how woud the demonic fury work? And which spec would get it? This is not a small task for Blizz.
    I'm gonna assume you didn't follow the twist, turns, and final downfall of lock tanking during the beta. While I wasn't in the beta, I watched closely on the forums as people discussed their successes with it. It was very interesting to see Blizz experiment with and refined something completely new, even if they did decide in the end not to go forward with it.

    There's no reason to change one thing about the Demo DPS spec. Meta is a DPS cooldown, it is not for tanking. Take everything useful the glyph gives demo when they pop Dark Apotheosis and roll it into a new spec option. Cut off some useless stuff (soulfire), leave the felguard as Demo exclusive, and add some sort of avoidance ability (a la monk's shuffle). They could share demonic fury, or re-jigger it as something else. Thematically, I think something about "directly tapping the chaotic power of the Twisting Nether" would make sense.

  9. #49
    Legendary! muto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Inside a Bubble
    Posts
    6,266
    The classes that are on that list that sound interesting are classes we already have

    Witch Doctor = Shaman
    Necromancer = Warlock
    Wizard = Mage
    Bard = Warrior
    Ranger = Hunter
    Druid of the Fang = Druid
    Spec Conservation = Basically a 4th specialization for Shamans
    Spec Spirit Walker = Shaman when they had a massive amount of totems
    Spec Cliff Dancer = Monk

    As much as I hear about the Demon Hunter I think it's inevitable that it will become a class eventually, and it's unique to the classes we have currently.

  10. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    The classes that are on that list that sound interesting are classes we already have

    Witch Doctor = Shaman
    Necromancer = Warlock
    Wizard = Mage
    Bard = Warrior
    Ranger = Hunter
    Druid of the Fang = Druid
    Spec Conservation = Basically a 4th specialization for Shamans
    Spec Spirit Walker = Shaman when they had a massive amount of totems
    Spec Cliff Dancer = Monk

    As much as I hear about the Demon Hunter I think it's inevitable that it will become a class eventually, and it's unique to the classes we have currently.
    Your cynicism is simply amazing ...

    How can you say in the same post things like:

    Necromancer = Warlock (which is like saying that druids are the same as shamans because both use magic of nature to heal or that hunters are the same as warlocks because they both have pets or that warlocks are the same as mages because both throw fire spells...)
    Bard = Warrior (WTF?? without words ...)

    and at the same time saying that Demon Hunters would be something completely new? (we already have warlocks and hunters for example that have some skills specific to demon hunters)

    One tip: you must be more open-minded, your yearnings cloud your reason.


  11. #51
    Bloodsail Admiral DonQShot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Guimaraes
    Posts
    1,085
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtree View Post
    I'm gonna assume you didn't follow the twist, turns, and final downfall of lock tanking during the beta. While I wasn't in the beta, I watched closely on the forums as people discussed their successes with it. It was very interesting to see Blizz experiment with and refined something completely new, even if they did decide in the end not to go forward with it.

    There's no reason to change one thing about the Demo DPS spec. Meta is a DPS cooldown, it is not for tanking. Take everything useful the glyph gives demo when they pop Dark Apotheosis and roll it into a new spec option. Cut off some useless stuff (soulfire), leave the felguard as Demo exclusive, and add some sort of avoidance ability (a la monk's shuffle). They could share demonic fury, or re-jigger it as something else. Thematically, I think something about "directly tapping the chaotic power of the Twisting Nether" would make sense.
    I'm honestly not a fan of metamorph on demo spec so I could go with it being either removed or if possible then, become part of ur requested tank spec. I think it would be cool indeed, now that I have a notion of what it could be. But should metamorph be a cooldown or no cooldown ability for the tanking spec?

  12. #52
    Nowadays you have 3 classes that wear cloth, 3 classes that wear leather, 3 classes that wear plate, and 2 classes that wear mail.

    Therefore, logically, the next class that they implement will wear mail, and at least one spec will want int mail. It will make it easier for the devs to figure out loot distribution tables.

    Of the classes you've listed, the ones that make sense to wear mail are Runemaster, Warden and Ranger. I'm not sure what a Spellbreaker is, so maybe they'd fit that list too.

  13. #53
    Epic! GenaiTN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Brighton, East Sussex
    Posts
    1,748
    Lack of Demon Hunter makes me sad.

  14. #54
    Legendary! Evil Inside's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Down Under
    Posts
    6,917
    Quote Originally Posted by Maneo View Post
    Honestly kinda surprised WoW didn't come out with a Necromancer, I guess they thought it was to similar to a lock.

    I thought of one even wrote it up when I was at work when we had real talent trees. The Witch Doctor. The three specs would have been life, death, and spirit.

    Life would have been a heal spec, death a dps, and spirit a support.

    The one spell I had for them that I thought was cool was a battle rez that imbued the recipient (a zombie) w/increase stats, but they only stay alive for 1 minute
    They were gonna do necromancer but then they combined DK and said necromancer into what we know as a Death Knight today.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||HD6970/HD6950 crossfire|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||3x 1tb Western Digital HDD||

    Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

  15. #55
    Bloodsail Admiral DonQShot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Guimaraes
    Posts
    1,085
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninotchka View Post
    Nowadays you have 3 classes that wear cloth, 3 classes that wear leather, 3 classes that wear plate, and 2 classes that wear mail.

    Therefore, logically, the next class that they implement will wear mail, and at least one spec will want int mail. It will make it easier for the devs to figure out loot distribution tables.

    Of the classes you've listed, the ones that make sense to wear mail are Runemaster, Warden and Ranger. I'm not sure what a Spellbreaker is, so maybe they'd fit that list too.
    I agree but if the problem is int mail, then I got the solution in my sig with the Dragonsworn ^^. At least as I see it... But I will have to disagree on the Runemaster because I think it should wear cloth and be the first non caster cloth dps. Plus it makes sense, since they get all their armor from the runes markings they imbue on their skin. Warden could definitely wear mail but only time will tell now as I already made the Dragonsworn and I believe they can fill the mail gap for the time being. Ranger I think it would be cool if it wore leather. U can find about Spellbreakers here =)

    ---------- Post added 2012-11-19 at 02:05 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Helai View Post
    Lack of Demon Hunter makes me sad.
    Okay =) ppl should really read the OP. I already ackowledged the Demon Hunter as one the top 5 most requested classes(nº1 to tell the truth) hence why I didn't put it in the poll. If u would like to find more about a demonhunter class all u gotta do is click on my sig and see if u like it =S.

    ---------- Post added 2012-11-19 at 02:09 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by b0sanac View Post
    They were gonna do necromancer but then they combined DK and said necromancer into what we know as a Death Knight today.
    Well with all things said and done, I still feel that DK is more like an anti-pala rather than a necromancer, at least in the great sense of the class. It does have some necromancer affinity but its very light and merely thematic. In combat it has nothing to do with a necromancer. My opinion.

  16. #56
    Quote Originally Posted by DonQShot View Post
    I'm honestly not a fan of metamorph on demo spec so I could go with it being either removed or if possible then, become part of ur requested tank spec. I think it would be cool indeed, now that I have a notion of what it could be. But should metamorph be a cooldown or no cooldown ability for the tanking spec?
    As I said, meta is for DPS, not tanking. During the lock tanks' brief heyday on the beta, they did not use meta as it would knock them out of tanking mode.

    Also, Meta is now a defining element of the demo spec. Take it away, and you'll have a whole lot of angry players quoting Liam Neeson at you.

  17. #57
    Bloodsail Admiral DonQShot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Guimaraes
    Posts
    1,085
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtree View Post
    As I said, meta is for DPS, not tanking. During the lock tanks' brief heyday on the beta, they did not use meta as it would knock them out of tanking mode.

    Also, Meta is now a defining element of the demo spec. Take it away, and you'll have a whole lot of angry players quoting Liam Neeson at you.
    Well I've had a demo lock ever since vanilla and I don't see how Meta can be considered a defining element. I seldom use meta in pve because it forces me to go into melee range. Sure it does bring some boost to dps but its a clumsy way of doing it. Although I'm only lvl 66 so I don't know how meta affects in the higher lvls. Anyway, for me, wether or not Blizz brings Demon Hunters with metamorph, meta form is a fits much better a lock tank spec. Simply because it's melee.
    But again, I did not follow closely the tank experiment in beta but from what I know, I can't understand how they could give mail-like armor benefits like they did with "Demonic Scales"-I think that was the name of the ability- to anything but a metamorphed lock ?o_O?

  18. #58
    Quote Originally Posted by DonQShot View Post
    Well I've had a demo lock ever since vanilla and I don't see how Meta can be considered a defining element. I seldom use meta in pve because it forces me to go into melee range. Sure it does bring some boost to dps but its a clumsy way of doing it. Although I'm only lvl 66 so I don't know how meta affects in the higher lvls. Anyway, for me, wether or not Blizz brings Demon Hunters with metamorph, meta form is a fits much better a lock tank spec. Simply because it's melee.
    What I mean is, Meta is the spell, the cooldown, the defining trait of demo spec, and has been for four years now. Whatever you may think of its lore or theme, the big purple nuking demon form is here to stay.

    It's also pretty damn fun. If you're only 66, you probably haven't gotten all the right tools yet, or seen a long enough fight to get the cycle.


    Quote Originally Posted by DonQShot View Post
    But again, I did not follow closely the tank experiment in beta but from what I know, I can't understand how they could give mail-like armor benefits like they did with "Demonic Scales"-I think that was the name of the ability- to anything but a metamorphed lock ?o_O?
    Nether Plating. Thematically, DA is another demon form, less visually dramatic but permanent. Functionally, it's like a druid's bear form, while meta is the cat form. Like the druid forms (or warrior and monk stances or DK presences), you don't drop out of tanking mode during a fight.

    Meta was not part of the lock tanking toolkit, and thus should not make the transition to a proper tanking spec.

  19. #59
    Mechagnome Usako's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Tsuki
    Posts
    646
    I voted Necro since there wasn't a Demon Hunter pick available :P

  20. #60
    Bloodsail Admiral DonQShot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Guimaraes
    Posts
    1,085
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtree View Post
    What I mean is, Meta is the spell, the cooldown, the defining trait of demo spec, and has been for four years now. Whatever you may think of its lore or theme, the big purple nuking demon form is here to stay.

    It's also pretty damn fun. If you're only 66, you probably haven't gotten all the right tools yet, or seen a long enough fight to get the cycle.
    Yh ur only denying the obvius now chap. After 66 there are only 2 new meta spells and from what I've seen in the talent grid, they are just ordinary ranged abilities. I'm not against having meta as a demo ability, I'm only against forcing demos to behave and to mimick what should be a demon hunter, by turning curses into auras and hellfire into immolation aura and shadow bolt into demonic slash. These are all melee abilities! Why should I go out of my way to engage in melee? That's what pets are for. I wouldn't mind keeping meta in demo locks but at least make it grant proper caster benefits. If not, then the hell with it, better give it to a tank spec, even if ur against a demon hunter class and a meta tanking form so blindly, only to indulge ur demo meta form amusement. Or would a meta form in a tank lock tank spec be absolutely outrageous?

    ---------- Post added 2012-11-20 at 01:11 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by pinkusagi View Post
    I voted Necro since there wasn't a Demon Hunter pick available :P
    Read my OP plz =)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •