Poll: Most Wanted Class/Spec

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by DonQShot View Post
    Yh ur only denying the obvius now chap. After 66 there are only 2 new meta spells and from what I've seen in the talent grid, they are just ordinary ranged abilities. I'm not against having meta as a demo ability, I'm only against forcing demos to behave and to mimick what should be a demon hunter, by turning curses into auras and hellfire into immolation aura and shadow bolt into demonic slash. These are all melee abilities! Why should I go out of my way to engage in melee? That's what pets are for. I wouldn't mind keeping meta in demo locks but at least make it grant proper caster benefits. If not, then the hell with it, better give it to a tank spec, even if ur against a demon hunter class and a meta tanking form so blindly, only to indulge ur demo meta form amusement. Or would a meta form in a tank lock tank spec be absolutely outrageous?
    I...whaaa? Dunno what I'm in denial about or indulging on. Maybe I'll find out if you get unbanned. /shrug

I'm just saying, demonology is in a good spot right now, and metamorphosis is a central component in that. If blizz ever does make a new spec for locks to tank with, I hope they'll either use the DA stance or create something new entirely, instead of giving it the exact same meta form demo already has.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow! It seems that necromancers are winning, I love it!

But I'm not here for that, I write this post in order to rescue this thread so that the maximum number of people has access to review and evaluate the great ideas of the OP.

As some of you know, the OP of this topic, "DonQShot", was banned from the forums for committing a number of faults (I will not discuss moderator decisions or justify the wrongs done by DonQShot), I just want to say that what he tried to do by all means is that his threads were not forgotten, that they were alive and thus all of us were able to access his developed ideas of possible future WoW classes, to which he has devoted much effort, imagination and enthusiasm...

With this, I'm just trying to pay tribute to those who, like DonQShot, share their ideas and works with us so we can all imagine a better World of Warcraft. And the truth is that on many occasions these amateur works are undervalued and they barely stand out among the amount of insipid and repetitive threads that we find on the forums every day, and it gives a lot of anger that threads like this, with innovative ideas and constructive contents, are lost in the forum over many stupid and pointless threads...

I say goodbye with a call for collective sanity, so that we know appreciate the work of some of our forum members, as well I would also like to send lots of encouragement and my warmest congratulations to all those who, like DonQShot, bring their works and ideas to us so we can all admire them. Thank you all!

NO tinker so I didn't vote for anything.

General RPG class I wouldn't mind seeing would be Bard (I warmed up to it in Rift, and every time I would do Motifs I would start singing "that one guitar!"). Warcraft lore based class I'd like to see would be Demon Hunter (who cares what Diablo does or doesn't have? They are two different mythologies. Should there only be "warrior" in one game or another?).

I would also be interested to see if Blizzard could pull off some kind of multi-classing option that wasn't absurdly OP.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyde View Post
    NO tinker so I didn't vote for anything.
    Read the OP please

Quote Originally Posted by Stormdash View Post
    General RPG class I wouldn't mind seeing would be Bard (I warmed up to it in Rift, and every time I would do Motifs I would start singing "that one guitar!"). Warcraft lore based class I'd like to see would be Demon Hunter (who cares what Diablo does or doesn't have? They are two different mythologies. Should there only be "warrior" in one game or another?).

I would also be interested to see if Blizzard could pull off some kind of multi-classing option that wasn't absurdly OP.
    The multiclasses would be the perfect solution, though, we need all the basic classes to be playable first, as necromancers or bards.
    In fact, after the Path of the Titans (deity to which choose to follow) the multiclass is my favorite idea.

The multiclasses would be the new hero classes, for example:

Warlock + Hunter = Demon Hunter
    Runemaster+Necromancer = Death Knight

What ideas will occur to you about the concept of "multi-class"?

Things I would love to see:

Another Int/Spirit Plate class. Maybe a ranged-dps-paladin spec. We need a holy damage ranged caster in general. I would call it Avenger.

A Caster based melee class, with a fist/mistweaver esque playstyle. A class who can change up their rotation based on being able to melee or be ranged. Could be a new spec for a current caster.

I don't really understand what you mean by support classes? Like a class that does nothing but boost other players? How would that fit into something like LFD? What happens if you queue for a group of 5, get a tank, healer, and 3 support? From a balance perspective, it dosen't seem easy to make "Too good" by giving it competitive DPS plus the ability to raise DPS of everyone around them.

Quote Originally Posted by Northem View Post
    Read the OP please

The multiclasses would be the perfect solution, though, we need all the basic classes to be playable first, as necromancers or bards.
    In fact, after the Path of the Titans (deity to which choose to follow) the multiclass is my favorite idea.

The multiclasses would be the new hero classes, for example:

Warlock + Hunter = Demon Hunter
    Runemaster+Necromancer = Death Knight

What ideas will occur to you about the concept of "multi-class"?
    Well, I was really just thinking within the classes we already have when I said it, but basically, I was thinking of two different things --

1) Journeyman, which I've seen in table games like Earthdawn and such which are just genuine, build-your-own-class things and very easy to make either really powerful or really pitiful, or

2) Archetype differences in games like City of Heroes, where "Tanker" and "Scrapper" have the same basic powersets -- melee and defense, but the difference between them is in which is "primary" and which is "secondary" and what values they have as a result.

In WoW, I think multi-classing would have to look like... a secondary version of whichever classes are being merged, so that you make up with the more varied toolbox by having weaker tools in it. Not sure if that would be best accomplished with raw damage/healing/defense stats, or with longer cooldowns/shorter duration abilities. Plus, you could place limits on which classes even could multi-class, based on theme or other such.

I think the result might look *a little* like what you get with Legacy system in SWTOR, i.e. a Jedi who has a flamethrower attachment, etc. But the idea would be someone might make a Rogueadin or a Sha-Mage or such. I mean, there is certainly a lore basis for "multi-class", with Me'dan just being the most obvious example. I don't think the concept is much of a problem, just balance/viability would be.

EDIT: Support classes fit into LFD, and MMOs in general, by being awesome. Rift has it as its own LFD flag and it's an essential raid component. WoW takes the support role and distributes it between the roles it focuses on.

For my money, though, you don't really have a true support role as a powerful contribution until you have stackable buffs, but the instant you do that, "support" actually becomes something that you don't need anything else with -- i.e. 10 "support" toons could roflstomp content without bothering with small things like "tanking" and "healing".
    Last edited by Stormdash; 2012-11-22 at 08:22 PM.