Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    What the heck do you guys want Stormwind for? ooo give me realistic 3d gray brick! BLEH! I want glowing fantasy world! Darnassus, inside the Eredar would be nifty looking with all the crystals, Darkshire would be badass, oo and what about something with a lot fo contrast? Like Netherstorm in Outland. You have the dark, barren rock with the cracks leaking fel energy. That would be cool. But nice job these look terrific.

I like to see Stormwind.
    Paladins are Cool Now?
    What happen to Kalgan?

The Lightbringer Highlord Hanibuhl's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Looking good dude! My only tip would be to try and find a shader that does not look generic. Many modellers seem to do that. Even a newbie-Skylight is better than that. If you can get a nice crispy shader, it would be awesome

10+ Year Old Account
    Lamp. Near the town of chair, in the country Coffee Table.
    Which engine is this running in? Would be interesting to know =D I've only ever used UDK atm, never touched cryengine yet. Or is it just a shot out of Max/Maya currently?

Also, i know that a skybox isn't needed just yet, but it'd help bring out more colour and interest in the scene even at this early stage!

Are you going to be creating the entire city? or just a specific part of it?

I see you already decided on Silvermoon so this is a bit of a moot point, but I've always loved cities where water is a part of the design, hence Stormwind would've been my pick. Booty Bay if this was an open ballot.

Anyway, Silvermoon is great as well. Awesome looking city that could use more recognition, since it's been... well, practically abandoned throughout most of it's existence.

Your work looks great and I'll definitely be keeping tabs on this thread.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chaosjones View Post
    Except the high end overclocking machines. build only to get high scores in benchmarks.

I would very much indeed like a lift of SW. Got really annoyed it did not get fixed by mist and a renovation of it would be awesome.
    Even those couldn't render scenes like the examples above in real time -- they're rendered for a reason.

Used to take like 18hrs to render a scene back in the P4 days. Today it's faster but not real-time even with those computers with extreme processors and quad SLI/Crossfire setups.

For live motion animation, completely forget it. That takes a rendering farm to complete.
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes.
    They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."

Hey there, so I noticed Tue pics, love those but I see an issue here, you are going for to much, what I would recommend is to first start with a smaller town like goldshire, razor hill or any town in that size, the reason is as for many projects, if you start big you might get a few "bumps" on the way, an dealing with it at a small scale and then knowing abit more about what lies ahead. Anyways that's just my food for though good luck
    Last edited by critterkiller; 2012-11-30 at 01:11 PM.

Deleted
    Awesome work mate, I like how it is recognisable of the WoW style, but also has your super realistic look on it too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevyne-Shandris View Post
    Even those couldn't render scenes like the examples above in real time -- they're rendered for a reason.

Used to take like 18hrs to render a scene back in the P4 days. Today it's faster but not real-time even with those computers with extreme processors and quad SLI/Crossfire setups.

For live motion animation, completely forget it. That takes a rendering farm to complete.
    Actually it's getting pretty close. Have you seen Epic Games' tech demo for Unreal Engine 4?

Tech breakdown inside the engine's editor.

That's all running in real-time on a high spec PC (even the terrain for the mountains), and will be the norm in a couple of years time.

Pretty awesome
    Last edited by Trigg; 2012-11-30 at 02:26 PM.

Deleted
    Those houses won't stand still in real life tho, just sayin, constructs are joke:} but gj

Def keeping an eye on this thread. Looks amazing!

To me, Silvermoon is all about that bright, vibrant, summer/spring feel. Maybe use a lighter shade for the gold and red decorations on the building? Also, great job. I'm following this.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'd like to go third party and say you should do one of Gilneas City.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever the Regent-Lord needs me to be
    I shell keep my eyes on this thread.

I'd love to see you do a render of Darnassus. It's a mystical city, the only one in the whole game that evokes serenity

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trigg View Post
    Actually it's getting pretty close. Have you seen Epic Games' tech demo for Unreal Engine 4?
    What I'm waiting on is the EQNext engine, which will include...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radiosi...er_graphics%29

For lifelike illumination. Next-gen games are going to literally shine/radiate/emit light from surfaces, so even heat transfer can be seen like with the human eye.

Which translates to similar results as pre-rendered scenes, with less computation time.

Still will need a good computer though.
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes.
    They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."

Deleted
    Wow it looks really really good, but I dont think it would be playable as game with this much of detail :P Nice work

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevyne-Shandris View Post
    What I'm waiting on is the EQNext engine, which will include...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radiosi...er_graphics%29

For lifelike illumination. Next-gen games are going to literally shine/radiate/emit light from surfaces, so even heat transfer can be seen like with the human eye.

Which translates to similar results as pre-rendered scenes, with less computation time.

Still will need a good computer though.
    Yeah, real-time radiosity solution in games is definitely going to be a big thing in next gen Can't wait for that. Battlefield 3 already has some of what you said though, it's got light/colour bleed from surrounding objects, alot of stuff that really makes it appear real, only problem is atm it's all baked into the textures once the lighting gets built. Will be great seeing all that in real-time.

But also, by heat transfer do you mean heat haze? (distortion in the air across hot surfaces) if so that's already possible. Just use particle emitters using a transparent texture on the sprites with a panning/rotating normal map for ripples really looks good =D

Computers shouldn't be a problem either. We already have ones that, while not being completely affordable by the average buyer, can support next gen games already. The GTX 690 from nvidia can run that UT4 demo without breaking a sweat, and buy the time any games are out that actually use the next gen engines such as that one and EQNext engine not to mention the next Gen CryEngine, computing power will likely have doubled

less than 18 months ago i bought the GTX 570 (which btw can run this:http://vimeo.com/46846857 in real time with over a million particle sprites visible, at just under 20fps during peak streaming times). It was almost top of the range (the 580 had just been released) but it'd already dropped by over £100, picked it up for around £160ish. That thing has 470 cores. The 690, which is already dropping in price (admittedly it's still pricey, about £450) has 7x the computing power, around 3070 cores. Just think what will be possible next year!

OT
    As i now know that your work Senderos is pre-rendered (looks sweet) I'm really curious how awesome you could get it if it were ever to be in a real-time engine You've got some pretty amazing modelling and mapping/texture skills. I've never worked with such high poly assets before that would have materials and textures directly applied to them.

How's the workflow for the mapping process? I'd assume it'd be a bit of a ballache with all those faces :P or do you map them in low poly then add edge loops in after for smoothing?

Regardless, some rad stuff man, keep it up

Here is the final animation, hope you guys like it.
    Sadly, I did not have time to render an HD version as my deadline is on Friday, my apologies. This was a project for my university course and I had 3 weeks to finish the animation, so some details might be missing. Thanks!

10+ Year Old Account
    i like it. Nice job