10+ Year Old Account

Silithid Hatchling (Kalimdor Safari) kind of bugged (GM chat included)

Hey there, just wanted to share the info I got today on the Silithid Hatchling that's part of the Zookeeper's title;

Today from 12:00 till 14:55 I witnessed a Sandstorm in Tanaris. I was circling around in the Chasm with one account and in the Lair with my other account.

After 2 hours I hadn't seen 1 hatchling, so I decided to open up a ticket and after the best and funnyiest talk I ever had with a GM in 7 years he told me that there seems to be a BUG with the weather dependant pets at the moment, they seem to only spawn when the wheather "spawns".

His advice was to be either lucky enough to be there right away when it spawns, make a few circles and then just leave it alone.

TL;DR; There's a bug with them, they only spawn when the sandstorm starts.

Here's the screenshot I took from the funny chat I had with the GM, worth to read imo
    http://equinoxguild.eu/gm-chat-silithid-hatchling.jpg

Strange, while flying through tanaris last week i noticed there was a sandstorm, flew too the chasm nearest to un'guro edge and there was loads up

They stayed for a fair while too while i hunted a rare

10+ Year Old Account
    Like the GM confirmed, they only spawn whent he sandstorm starts, they don't despawn so you can count yourself very lucky

It's not bugged, all pets that have a trigger to spawn act the same way. In your case someone else took them all.

10+ Year Old Account
    in Limbo... damn the Wi-fi is expensive here...
    I have mine there were loads up and kept going till a rare popped

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ilter=silithid

Quote Originally Posted by Sin Cara View Post
    It's not bugged, all pets that have a trigger to spawn act the same way. In your case someone else took them all.
    It is bugged, it isn't supposed to only spawn at the start of the sandstorm or whatever weather event happens; it is supposed to start spawning and continue to spawn as long as the specific weather event is going on.

10+ Year Old Account
    That explains a lot. I can't wait for them to fix this! Only weather dependent I need is the baby ape I believe, have the silithid hatchling and the fox in northrend. Will be so much easier if they continue to spawn throughout the rain.