Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Why has Jelly Bean not been released yet for HTC One X

I am just wondering what the big deal is?
    Samsung's Galaxy 3 already has it if I am correct.

HTC One X + phones already have JB out of the box.

So what is the big hold up, they promised it in October right?

Isn't it up to the carrier to give you the software update?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    No idea, but people in the Netherlands with a One X don't have it yet...

Deleted
    Its HTC, it takes a while.

You sure HTC has released a patch yet? Maybe check their website. It's up to the phone manufacturer unless you root the phone and use unofficial patches.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

10+ Year Old Account
    google releases stable build to all the carriers, but the carriers would rather you buy a new phone for updates, the latest episode of The Tek goes into this a bit

Deleted
    Is it edible?

Those of us who are able to survive the day without a portable computing device have no idea what the Jellybean app is or does.

I do love it though large portions of the population have become totally reliant/addicted to their smartphones so when they don't have access to it they essentially break down and are unable to function properly themselves.

Warning: This type of post is not particularly helpful nor constructive - noteworthynerd
    Last edited by noteworthynerd; 2012-11-17 at 04:39 PM.

I know this is the case in the United States. Logan over at Tek Syndicate actually talked about this in the latest The Tek. The US Carriers seem to intentionally hold back OS releases on older phones so that they can get people to buy the latest phones.

Edit: Just read Cyanotical's post. >_<
    Last edited by noteworthynerd; 2012-11-17 at 04:42 PM.

Deleted
    Wow, that's quite pathetic, so far for HTC's 'support'.

So basically you need to phone up your carrier (t-mobile, vodaphone etc) and ask for the update because they are the ones holding it back. According to a google search, the new Jellybean was distributed to carriers in the US on the 27th October and Worldwide on the 29th.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by skrump View Post
    Those of us who are able to survive the day without a portable computing device have no idea what the Jellybean app is or does.

I do love it though large portions of the population have become totally reliant/addicted to their smartphones so when they don't have access to it they essentially break down and are unable to function properly themselves.

Warning: This type of post is not particularly helpful nor constructive - noteworthynerd
    Dude, it's not even an app.

---------- Post added 2012-11-17 at 05:46 PM ----------

So basically you need to phone up your carrier (t-mobile, vodaphone etc) and ask for the update because they are the ones holding it back. According to a google search, the new Jellybean was distributed to carriers in the US on the 27th October and Worldwide on the 29th.
    Hmm, well alright. I will call them right now...

But it seems odd all carriers would do this.

EDIT: T-mobile is closed atm.

Monday I will try again.
    Last edited by mmoc13485c3c3f; 2012-11-17 at 04:48 PM.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1684

If you're willing to learn the procedures, you won't have to rely on carriers or manufacturers to deliver updates ever again.

Quote Originally Posted by Badpaladin View Post
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1684

If you're willing to learn the procedures, you won't have to rely on carriers or manufacturers to deliver updates ever again.
    Requires rooting the phone though, which will remove some features (buying music/movies from google play store for example).
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by coolkingler1 View Post
    Samsung's Galaxy 3 already has it if I am correct.
    Not only that, but also the Galaxy S2 is at 4.1.2.

Though, instead of relying on carriers, why don't you flash an international version yourself?
    That's what I do. I generally wait for a stable ROM from Samsung to be released and flash it manually myself (which is pretty easy for SamDevices).
    It's possible you can do the same with HTC as well.

Quote Originally Posted by vesseblah View Post
    Requires rooting the phone though, which will remove some features (buying music/movies from google play store for example).
    that's america only anyways.

Either way, it's HTC's fault since it's an unlocked device and HTC are responsible for all unlocked devices. I highly recommend you root your device and install a ROM and restore from google play afterwards.
    "Marketing is what you do when your product is no good."

Deleted
    NO NO NO, in holland it is the phone manufacturer providing updates. I know, i got an HTC desire HD. I had quite a couple of over the air updates from them. HTC is probably just slow. Just check their website if it is coming to your phone or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Shuji V2 View Post
    Not only that, but also the Galaxy S2 is at 4.1.2.
    Good to hear Samsung is so fast with the patches, already was looking that direction for my next phone.

Somewhat related to topic but not quite: my Nexus 7 installed Android 4.2 yesterday.
    Trolling should be.

Yeah... you should see Sony! Horrible!

The only way to be sure, btw, is to buy a Nexus device...
    Last edited by ~Valen~; 2012-11-17 at 07:21 PM.

Deleted
    Yea Samsung is the most reliable, mainly because they have the biggest smartphone market in the world and to keep all the customers there they've gotta shove out them updates like no tomorrow. I'm buying the ATIV S Windows Phone (when it fucking comes out, that is) so I don't really need to rely on updates.