Page 1 of 11
... LastLast

Rise of Kirin Tor - What's Happening in Dalaran

I just got quest for Rise of Kirin Tor part in Patch 5.1... Sitll the portal for istance - Purple Parlor is not working So I can't finish the quest yet (Istance Can't Load)....

I just bring you the quest that I got

Quote Originally Posted by Silencer View Post
    I just got quest for Rise of Kirin Tor part in Patch 5.1... Sitll the portal for istance - Purple Parlor is not working So I can't finish the quest yet (Istance Can't Load)....

I just bring you the quest that I got
    In Tides of War, Jaina almost destroys Orgimmar with the Focusing Iris, but Kalecgos stops her, they go to dalarn and she's appointed the leader of the Kirin Tor, since Rhonin died in the destruction of Theramore. She was made the leader because of a prophesy Krasus made about her

is the primary school version

Deleted
    Spoiler Alert:

Sunreavers are found to be helping the Horde get into Darnassus through their portals. Jaina gets pissed and throws them all in the Dalaran Dungeons.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Kyurem View Post
    Spoiler Alert:

Sunreavers are found to be helping the Horde get into Darnassus through their portals. Jaina gets pissed and throws them all in the Dalaran Dungeons.
    So much for ''old alliences'' good job Jaina hahaha!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Kyurem View Post
    Spoiler Alert:
    And history repeats itself. Smooth move Jaina.
    "Terror, darkness, power? The Forsaken crave not these things; the Forsaken ARE these things."

Well I do like to see Dalaran alliance city without Horde. Just as payback for Theramore!

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by leaks View Post
    And history repeats itself. Smooth move Jaina.
    You have a point- If memory serves right, WCIII Frozen Throne did have *Blood Elves* locked up in *Dalaran dungeons*.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Karscis View Post
    You have a point- If memory serves right, WCIII Frozen Throne did have *Blood Elves* locked up in *Dalaran dungeons*.
    Yep, that's exactly where they locked them up to be killed.
    "Terror, darkness, power? The Forsaken crave not these things; the Forsaken ARE these things."

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yep, that's exactly where they locked them up to be killed.
    That's like salt on the wounds on there very brain haha, GOOD WORK JAINA.

From what we know so far from audio files:

The sunreavers are found to have betrayed the Kirin'tor's stance of neutrality by allowing the Horde to use the Darnassus portals. Jaina orders their immediate imprisonment in the Violet Hold.

The Silver Covenant is the one who told Jaina of the Sunreavers, and they arrive, and kill the Blood Elves who resist capture, and kill their dragonhawks as well so they cannot escape.

Aethas and a few of the sunreavers still manage to escape however, and Lor'themar welcomes them back into the Blood Elves.

Jaina tells Varian that he has his wish, and the Kirin'tor is "now and forever loyal to the Alliance.", and it's implied the Silver Covenant went along with it.

EDIT: TO the ones saying Jaina stuck them there to kill them: No. She clearly wants them locked up. The ones who tried to run away however, were killed. She even simply wants to "expel" the ones who are not part of the treason.

Lots of lore going down in 5.1, to put it simply.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by -Apathy- View Post
    That's like salt on the wounds on there very brain haha, GOOD WORK JAINA.
    Yeah maybe now we'll get to see how well the high elves do when the blood elves cut off their access to the sunwell. One can only hope.

10+ Year Old Account
    I said it wasn't a good idea to promote jaina to the leader of the kirin'tor after her "accident" but people just said "shes doesn't hate the horde anymore" ""shes got over it" hows her being "neutral" working out for you now? -.-

How do you guys get the quests? Are these unlocked via dailies or what?

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh Jaina..

What a waste of a once great character. She was once intelligent enough to rise above prejudice and hate, she came so far and showed she was better then her father, who was a single minded fascist.
    She for years tried to work for peace, and yet because blizzard listened to the vocal minority on the forums, they took a once great character, and reduced her to the same level as Varian was when he first appeared in wrath, a single minded, zero tolerant bigot, who well having gone though the same enslavement as Thrall once did, learned nothing from it.

And so, in order to make Varian into a more balanced and learned leader, they had to make someone into the raving bigot he use to represent, and so choose old Jaina.

You can try and argue all this as character progression, but I don't see it in the slightest, Jaina was never like this, and they decided to break her just to keep the minority of raving tools on the forums happy. Real shame.
    #boycottchina

Quote Originally Posted by Falarson View Post
    How do you guys get the quests? Are these unlocked via dailies or what?
    Unlocked via dailies...

---------- Post added 2012-10-31 at 06:23 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Oh Jaina..

What a waste of a once great character. She was once intelligent enough to rise above prejudice and hate, she came so far and showed she was better then her father, who was a single minded fascist.
    She for years tried to work for peace, and yet because blizzard listened to the vocal minority on the forums, they took a once great character, and reduced her to the same level as Varian was when he first appeared in wrath, a single minded, zero tolerant bigot, who well having gone though the same enslavement as Thrall once did, learned nothing from it.

And so, in order to make Varian into a more balanced and learned leader, they had to make someone into the raving bigot he use to represent, and so choose old Jaina.

You can try and argue all this as character progression, but I don't see it in the slightest, Jaina was never like this, and they decided to break her just to keep the minority of raving tools on the forums happy. Real shame.
    Yes, yes,
    First they destroy Theramore,
    Second Sunreavers are found to be helping the Horde
    Third Anduind getting killed

And she would just be like "peace bro"

Yeah maybe now we'll get to see how well the high elves do when the blood elves cut off their access to the sunwell. One can only hope.
    its impossible to cut off anyones access to the sunwell. all of high elven heritage even half elves are tied to it by some strange magic power. the only thing they could do is prevent them from making journeys there but that doesnt cut them off from it
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Silencer View Post
    Unlocked via dailies...

---------- Post added 2012-10-31 at 06:23 PM ----------

Yes, yes,
    First they destroy Theramore,
    Second Sunreavers are found to be helping the Horde
    Third Anduind getting killed

And she would just be like "peace bro"
    Thats how the creators decided to make her into this new character. Those events aren't just stand alone and this is a side effect of it. Those events are happening to justify her new character development.

So I dislike what the writers are doing with her character, and the horde atm, to achieve this new side of her

---------- Post added 2012-10-31 at 05:33 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    its impossible to cut off anyones access to the sunwell. all of high elven heritage even half elves are tied to it by some strange magic power. the only thing they could do is prevent them from making journeys there but that doesnt cut them off from it
    No, it is possible. The Highborne did it during the War of the Ancients with the Well of Eternity, so a lesser artificial well probably can be controlled even easier.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeBogina View Post
    No, it is possible. The Highborne did it during the War of the Ancients with the Well of Eternity, so a lesser artificial well probably can be controlled even easier.
    im pretty sure lor'themar still had access to the wells power even after he and his faction of highbourne rebelled
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeBogina View Post
    Thats how the creators decided to make her into this new character. Those events aren't just stand alone and this is a side effect of it. Those events are happening to justify her new character development.

So I dislike what the writers are doing with her character, and the horde atm, to achieve this new side of her [COLOR="red"]
    Exactly what I mean. Color it however you might want silencer, but all this was set up as a mean to alter her character to profoundly, and you can't tell it it wasn't because of the QQing few on the forums that blizzard has a bad habit of listening to.

I liked Jaina as she was. I hate this new Jaina, she's as bad, in fact maybe worse then Varian was when he showed up kin wrath, because its show how weak a resolve Jaina really has, how weak a character she is. The kind of event she went though changed her on a fundamental level, when I could name a dozen other characters who have lost as much as she has and still pull though from it not having snapped and lost your principles or what you once believed it.

Its a sign of a weak character, and blizzard perpetrated this just because of some whing douches on forums wanting for waaarrrrr in wow, its so obvious you might as well have a sign saying it.

I think her wanting vengence against Garrosh is understandable, but her suddenly thinking all horde as scum because the writers staged these events to make it be so? Yes, this is why they involved the sunreavers, to make Jaina into even more of an alliance bigot.
    Last edited by Trassk; 2012-10-31 at 05:40 PM.
    #boycottchina

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    im pretty sure lor'themar still had access to the wells power even after he and his faction of highbourne rebelled
    LOLwat? O.o

He wasn't alive at the time...

---------- Post added 2012-10-31 at 05:44 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Exactly what I mean. Color it however you might want silencer, but all this was set up as a mean to alter her character to profoundly, and you can't tell it it wasn't because of the QQing few on the forums that blizzard has a bad habit of listening to.

I liked Jaina as she was. I hate this new Jaina, she as bad, infact maybe worse then Varian was when he showed up kin wrath, because it show how weak a resolve Jaina really is, how weak a character she is. The kind of event she went though changed her on a fundamental level, when I could name a dozen other characters who have lost as much as she has and still pull though from it not having snapped and lost your principles or what you once believed it.

Its a sign of a weak character, and blizzard perpetrated this just because of some whing douches on forums wanting for waaarrrrr in wow, its so obvious you might as well have a sign saying it.
    I always liked her character, she always was hopeful and optimistic. And she's one of the only characters that still believed the good in Arthas existed. And now they ruined that innocents.