Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #21
    Fury is fine. Your rage management is not.
    Modern Guild
    25 Man 11/14 Heroic
    Sean

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by scadouche View Post
    Fury is fine. Your rage management is not.
    Don't forget the utility we bring as well. Chaining skull banners/rallying cry/demo banners is amazing for tough fights.

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Morrei View Post
    Fury isnt nurfed..its the same its always been, we dont blossom until near the end of the expansion. You have to remember that fury warriors will and always have scaled ridiculously over the course of an expansion.
    Fury and arms were nerfed at the release of MOP

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by mstg View Post
    Fury and arms were nerfed at the release of MOP
    If you mean where the weapon damage %:ages of a lot of our attacks were changed, that was not technically a "nerf". They buffed us temporarily before the MoP release (the big patch) so that we wouldn't be too bad at 85.

  5. #25
    Both our specs (Fury and Arms) are fine.
    Just play the spec you got the weapon for.

  6. #26
    High Overlord Taik's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    That one special place
    Posts
    136
    Sup Sinner!

    It might be a case of playing with people that are not on the same level of preparation and knowledge seeking as myself, but I'm usually atop of the meters in my 10man guild, sometimes I get beaten by the mage, but thats usually a result of the fight in general. Fury is fine, it gets better with gear, as its always been with Warriors.
    Last edited by Taik; 2012-11-18 at 10:44 PM.

  7. #27
    Stood in the Fire lordzed83's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    UK Nottingham
    Posts
    497
    From my Pov
    1. Fury could use buff in PvP.
    Its not bad but damage could be bit higher. Buff BT plox
    2. To weapon dependent.
    I dont play 40+ hours a week now and dont do proper raids just lfr. I used coin on every LFR Elagon kill since it came out. No single item. Im 481 ilvl wo raiding and i still got 2 swords from heroics. And even tho i got descent kit lack of good weapon fucks my dmg up
    3. Rage mechanics is still shitty after years...
    Geme smtn 2 kielllllll.

  8. #28
    fury is in a bit of a niche spot right now, fights with tough execute phases (H elegon/H blade lord/H wind lord) we destroy meters, on other fights we're mid range but once you get 496+ weapons and 4pc t14, your dps goes up substantially. In terms of raid utility, we are the best melee dps at the moment, rallying cry/demo banner, skull banner/shattering throw and die by the sword + taunt for enrages or vigilance for helping w/ tank damage.

  9. #29
    I find myself doing quite well as fury really.


    if i could wish for a buff within reason:
    I do would like to have Rampage (5%crit buff) back as fury. The spec is very dependent on it.
    So far i am quite lucky that in our 10m we always had it, but i would find it logical if the fury warrior brings this buff
    Noctus <Darkblade>
    This is who we are
    This is what I am
    We have no where else to go
    Divided we will stand

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Noctus78 View Post
    I find myself doing quite well as fury really.


    if i could wish for a buff within reason:
    I do would like to have Rampage (5%crit buff) back as fury. The spec is very dependent on it.
    So far i am quite lucky that in our 10m we always had it, but i would find it logical if the fury warrior brings this buff
    Amen to that.
    My raid doesn't have the buff atm and it's just aweful beeing the most crit dependat specc and not beeing able to provide the buff anymore.

  11. #31
    Fury is fine dps wise as far as I can tell, we will scale very well with higher ilvl gear and more crit/mastery. I do wish they would give us back Rampage though, there is no reason for us not to have it.

  12. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by Mataru View Post
    Fury is fine dps wise as far as I can tell, we will scale very well with higher ilvl gear and more crit/mastery. I do wish they would give us back Rampage though, there is no reason for us not to have it.
    The reason is that we now bring the Physical Vulnerability debuff. I guess these two traded places. While we're on it (coming from a 10-man raider) give spell damage taken back to unholy dks and boomkins.

    This makes hunters mandatory buffbots today, as they can brink a variety of buffs these days.

  13. #33
    Fury is in a good spot. I wish our damage was not back loaded though. The loss of rampage is not a big deal because mages will give the 5% crit. I am 24.29% crit unbuffed and 29.29 in raid. SMF is better then TG.

    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ergiy/advanced

  14. #34
    Mechagnome kojinshugi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Tallinn, Estonia
    Posts
    517
    Fury plays completely differently from Cata.

    It's 100% about pooling rage for CS and then nuking with HS spam during CS.

    If you just looked at some priority list and are keeping everything on cooldown, you're doing about 20k less than you should be.

    ---------- Post added 2012-11-20 at 02:33 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Asmodejjj View Post
    This. For those warriors who aren't completely retarded, they should know that SMF is much better than TG in BiS or shitty gear. Anything in-between should be playing as TG. I haven't played Fury since Wrath, and I was able to pick that up just by listening here and there.
    This is just wrong. SMF is better, but marginally (1-2%).
    When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these?! Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!

  15. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by Brakthir View Post
    Don't forget the utility we bring as well. Chaining skull banners/rallying cry/demo banners is amazing for tough fights.
    Vigilance, Shattering Throw, DieByTheSword+Taunt, 4% Phy DMG, Weakened Armor, .......

    DPS Warriors got soo much good stuff these Days..

  16. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by kojinshugi View Post
    Fury plays completely differently from Cata.

    It's 100% about pooling rage for CS and then nuking with HS spam during CS.

    If you just looked at some priority list and are keeping everything on cooldown, you're doing about 20k less than you should be.

    ---------- Post added 2012-11-20 at 02:33 PM ----------



    This is just wrong. SMF is better, but marginally (1-2%).
    Sims is showing SMF 5% ahead of TG. I wish it was that small i'd go TG instead, but 5K dps is too much to pass up.

  17. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by Girana View Post
    Vigilance, Shattering Throw, DieByTheSword+Taunt, 4% Phy DMG, Weakened Armor, .......

    DPS Warriors got soo much good stuff these Days..
    Quote Originally Posted by Mataru View Post
    Fury is fine dps wise as far as I can tell, we will scale very well with higher ilvl gear and more crit/mastery. I do wish they would give us back Rampage though, there is no reason for us not to have it.
    Quote Originally Posted by galvin View Post
    Sims is showing SMF 5% ahead of TG. I wish it was that small i'd go TG instead, but 5K dps is too much to pass up.
    This. Aside from rampage removal, Fury DID get buff post-Cata. BT generating rage + being on a 4.5 CD i/o 6, CS not costing rage, being able to pool 2 stacks of RB, revamped slam being WS and 1 GCD x 3 if proc'd + all these raid cool downs, don't see why we need another buff. Warriors are at a terrific spot right now both in PVP and PVE, enjoy the moment.

  18. #38
    Herald of the Titans xebtria's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Bloody ol' Germany
    Posts
    2,878
    Quote Originally Posted by Nekked View Post
    This. Aside from rampage removal, Fury DID get buff post-Cata. BT generating rage + being on a 4.5 CD i/o 6, CS not costing rage, being able to pool 2 stacks of RB, revamped slam being WS and 1 GCD x 3 if proc'd + all these raid cool downs, don't see why we need another buff. Warriors are at a terrific spot right now both in PVP and PVE, enjoy the moment.
    dont label the overall rage and actual class mechanic overhaul as buffs for fury. this completely makes no sense at all. this affected all specs, and not just fury. and rage as a mechanic is completely fine and balanced. for everybody. comparing this to pre mop is like comparing apples with pears. except the fact that the class is the same, you just can't do this.

  19. #39
    High Overlord Roseby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Ooking in the Dook
    Posts
    145
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/rankings/.../Arms_Warrior/
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/rankings/.../Fury_Warrior/

    Garalon 25 Normal

    Arms has the label of being the cleave spec, yet the top 5 Fury are wholly competitive if not superior then the top 5 Arms.
    If played well, Fury is the dominant spec, with the supposed cleave advantages of Arms vanishing before our eyes.
    Last edited by Roseby; 2012-11-21 at 05:40 PM.

  20. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by xebtria View Post
    dont label the overall rage and actual class mechanic overhaul as buffs for fury. this completely makes no sense at all. this affected all specs, and not just fury. and rage as a mechanic is completely fine and balanced. for everybody. comparing this to pre mop is like comparing apples with pears. except the fact that the class is the same, you just can't do this.
    Not understanding your argument here. You're directly comparing the same class / spec so its not apples to oranges.

    Rage generating abilities were non-existent pre-mop. All abilities cost rage, ignoring rage from incoming damage the only mechanic to rage generation was melee swings, which in itself was hit dependent. Since hard capping hit was almost unattainable in part due to the greater benefits of reforging to other secondary stats once you reach the soft hit cap, this meant that you had a relatively less efficient way of gauging your character's rage generation.

    Blizzard addressed the rage-starvation issue by revamping BT, flurry, and CS.

    Ignoring berserker rage (same mechanics on both), enrage in Cata was again entirely dependent on your critical melee hits. This is yet another hit dependent mechanic and as mentioned it was simply impractical for warriors to reforge to the hard hit cap during Cata.

    Enrage mechanics have been entirely reworked. BT and CS crits proc enrage. A double increase in BT crit paired with a recklessness that now actually increases enrage uptime indirectly through increased critical chance of CS and BT, and a reworked flurry are all superior mechanics.

    Now I'm unsure of your definition to buff, but with the aforementioned revamp that took place, MOP fury > Cata fury in every single way. Ofc excluding rampage.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •