QoL issues you would like to see in 5.1

Class specific. Common sense guys, things that make sense.

Priest:

Remove the orb cost from Psychic Horror, and give it a reasonable cooldown.

Fix Spectral guise. It has its uses, but it is not nearly as effective as displacer beast.

What would you like to see changed about your class?

i'd like intimidation to work more often.. i'd say 25%-33% of the time it doesnt do anything.
    hmm.. traps more responsive i guess.

dk - passive disarm protection?
    Last edited by Malgru; 2012-11-16 at 03:00 AM.

Hunters to maintain some of their class identity by reworking the aspects system.
    Situational usefulness for different aspects (increase dodge, increase magic resistance, remove CC type stuff) so they become a choice of what and when to use which. They should be defensive, not DPS boosts and probably would need more of a cool down so you can't just swap around to whatever is attacking at the moment.

Not sure if that's really a QoL improvement so much as a class design request.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fix monks. Add some reliable ww burst and defensive cd's. Paralysis is easily broken by everything, maybe add glyph to remove bleeds/dots or something. They are in general far too susceptible to cc.

Remove colossus smash.
    Give warriors passive 30-45% arp.

rework tfb to something like :your overpowers have a 100% chance to increase the damage of your heroic strike by 20-40%.

WW Monk:

FSK should work similar to charge. Remove Tiger's Palm, make stance give base 30% arp. Rework mastery to blackout kick and RSK, not BK and TP, improve defensive cooldowns, add some sort of passive damage mitigation, sort of like glyph of demon hunting. Make touch of karma ignore resilence. Somehow improve paralysis. Add some sort of CC defense, sort of like bers rage or lichborne.

Rogues, mages and hunters: remove prep, cold snap and readiness. Reduce ONLY ROGUE cds accordingly (I play a hunter and warrior btw).

For hunters, make freezing trap into freezing shot. I know they've tried this but it makes absolutely zero sense for this ability to ever have been a trap. Ice trap, snake trap and explosive trap are fine.

Remove shockwave from the dps warrior arsenal. It has no place in this game. Bring intimidating shout cd back down to 1 minute if this happens. Remove dbts, bring back revenge spam with shield block.

Reduce max root duration to 4 seconds across the board.

Increase frost mage sustained outside of frozen targets. Gut frost mage mastery.

Allow fear to break on a threshold of 20% of target's hp. Remove blood fear.

Reduce non-healer healing by 50%. Reduce healer healing by 30%. Reduce effect of pvp power by 50%.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    Rogues, mages and hunters: remove prep, cold snap and readiness. Reduce ONLY ROGUE cds accordingly (I play a hunter and warrior btw).

For hunters, make freezing trap into freezing shot. I know they've tried this but it makes absolutely zero sense for this ability to ever have been a trap. Ice trap, snake trap and explosive trap are fine.

Remove shockwave from the dps warrior arsenal. It has no place in this game. Bring intimidating shout cd back down to 1 minute if this happens. Remove dbts, bring back revenge spam with shield block.

Increase frost mage sustained outside of frozen targets. Gut frost mage mastery.

Reduce non-healer healing by 50%. Reduce healer healing by 30%. Reduce effect of pvp power by 50%.
    Jesus i wish you worked for blizzard
    Last edited by mmoc77bb2b62ef; 2012-11-16 at 01:25 AM.

Deleted

-Lower Ice Block CD and/or remove Shattering Throw & Mass Dispel. There's no need to remove Prep, Shs is also viable choice and many rogues use it. I agree with Readiness, Deter and BW already have 1 minute CD so there's no real reason for Readiness to exist anymore. Or you could make it only work on pet abilities.

-They could make Shockwave prot only ability and replace the talent with old Throwdown warriors had back in Cata. If prot warriors wish to choose Throwdown it replaces Shockwave, but when used on PvE target it causes really high threat and also deals damage when used to targets that are permanently immune to stuns. Shout CD is fine, any instant AoE CC on relatively short CD is stupid.

-This one is just plain stupid, bring back the old dispel system instead.

-Agreed, damage should be shifted from instants and Frost Bomb towards casts. Frost mage burst has always been strong around frozen tagets and now is build around Deep Freeze. They've already killed Fmage playstyle enough with instants, last thing I'd like to see is to mages become Elemental Shaman wannabes.

-Agreed, can't argue.

-In 5.1 hybrids no longer gain increased healing from PvP power. Flat 30% wouldn't work, classes are already dealing unhealable damage with CDs up. Nerf CD stacking.
    Nerf instants CCs, bring back the old dispel system and nerf CD stacking.
    Oh and also, Purge glyph has to go.

Edit: More and more things just started popping in my head.

Displacer Beast should not be usable when silenced, if not the CD has to be increased by 10/20 seconds.
    Last edited by mmocb3196d46fe; 2012-11-16 at 02:35 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I agree with some of the things you said but this is not ok. Some dps specs rely on self healing for survival.

Quote Originally Posted by Friyn View Post
    Oh and also, Purge glyph has to go.
    Agreed, also Ghost Wolf should cost 10% armor durability. *sigh*
    I don't see the point of calling out straight nerfs right after the most unfair nerf of all times, totem silence nerf. It's not constructive, it's not feedback, it's plain QQ.

Agreed with some points on Flaks' post, however the best issue in 5.1 would be a change in Blizzard's "let's tune what's obviously OP, we'll take look at the rest later" approach.

More and more things just started popping in my head.
    itstimetostopposting.jpg

Deleted
    Are you seriously defending purgle glyph? Offensive dispel that removes 2 buffs at once does not fit in to the current meta game. They removed it for a reason, can't just understand why shamans only got it back.

Are you seriously defending purgle glyph? Offensive dispel that removes 2 buffs at once does not fit in to the current meta game. They removed it for a reason, can't just understand why shamans only got it back.
    Yes I am seriously defending purge glyph.
    Offensive dispels are a part of current meta game, many classes have direct and even better (mass dispel) access to it.
    You waste a GCD for an offensive dispel, and it can be countered by buffing again. Most of the unique - important class buffs are undispellable.

It's more problematic for Shaman PvP since it's too popular and narrows our glyph choices, instead of being OP.

Some classes are stronger than others in particular aspect, in this case Shamans can remove 2 buffs, it's one of the unique and few of the strong part of the Shaman class. The question is:

Are you seriously asking for a nerf without giving any reasonable explanation?

+1 by far to bad blizz devs are not that smart

Quote Originally Posted by Mithgroth View Post
    Offensive dispels are a part of current meta game, many classes have direct and even better (mass dispel) access to it.
    You waste a GCD for an offensive dispel, and it can be countered by buffing again. Most of the unique - important class buffs are undispellable.

It's more problematic for Shaman PvP since it's too popular and narrows our glyph choices, instead of being OP.

Some classes are stronger than others in particular aspect, in this case Shamans can remove 2 buffs, it's one of the unique and few of the strong part of the Shaman class. The question is:

Uhh, no, there isn't a single offensive dispel that is better than glyphed purge. Mass dispel? Seriously?

Most of the unique class buffs undispellable? Really? Such as blessings, Hand of Protection, Ice Barrier, Demon Soul and such? You sure?

All Crowd Control shares Diminishing Returns. I hate being Feared, Stunned, Disorientated, Rooted, Feared, Stunned and then killed.

Freezing shot/trap would need a duration reduction if that happened.

Ret would (and will anyway) need buffs to compensate that healing nerf and the one thats going live.

Feral and Demo should get their burst scaled back too.

Deleted

Do you really need an excuse for removing glyph of purge? It's too strong at the moment. Dispel magic was very strong in Tbc even when there existed tons of trash buffs and debuffs in comparison to now, some specs had a baseline 20 or 30% dispel resistance, and buffs that stacked had to be removed seperately.

There is absolutely no choice in a offensive dispeller's playstyle if he can remove 2 buffs in 1 gcd when there are so few current trash buffs.

Oh, my target has 1 power word: fortitude, 1 mark of the wild, 1 arcane intellect, 1 ice barrier, 1 power word: shield, 1 renew, 1 prayer of mending, 1 rejuv and 1 icy veins buff, 2 stacks of fingers of frost (counts as 1 buff). Let me press my purge 5 times now to remove 15% of max hp, 1 big cooldown, 2 procs, 15% damage output and like 250k effective healing on the target.
    Now I can continue to press my purge throughout the fight and I am ensured to remove any majr cooldowns and procs as well as important cooldowns and absorbs/HoTs (removing 120k-180k effective healing in 1 spamable gcd is not fair no matter how you try to put it).

If you didn't understand my point I can put it in a different way. Glyph of purge needs to go. It is too powerful in the current state of the game. If glyph of purge has to be balanced, other dispel mechanics has to be brought up accordingly, as well as adding trash buffs and dispel resistance back to the game. If you don't understand this then you really have little to no knowledge about PvP mechanics in wow.
    Last edited by mmoca20fa69a21; 2012-11-16 at 01:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Strah View Post
    Uhh, no, there isn't a single offensive dispel that is better than glyphed purge. Mass dispel? Seriously?
    Mass dispel can dispel up to 10 buffs offensively in a single GCD while dispelling all magic debuffs in the same AoE, Purge is 1+1.
    Mass dispel can dispel Ice Block and Divine Shield, Purge cannot.
    Mass dispel (13%) is cheaper than Purge (16.4%). *according to wowhead, too lazy to check myself

Yes, MD is superior.
    You are happy with all offensive dispels even they are superior or inferior, but Purge has to go? Just because you said so without any reasons?
    What is your cause behind all this than damaging Shaman furthermore?

Quote Originally Posted by Strah View Post
    Most of the unique class buffs undispellable? Really? Such as blessings, Hand of Protection, Ice Barrier, Demon Soul and such? You sure?
    Demon Soul is being fixed in 5.1 I think.
    By unique class buffs, I meant spells like Wings, Ascendance and such. Short term and regular raid buffs should be dispellable, that's the whole point of offensive dispel. And really? You are complaining about your blessings getting dispelled but you are aight with your bubble being dispelled?

If you shout loud enough Blizzard nerfs Shamans anyway, but at least for once, base it on some argueble logic.

---------- Post added 2012-11-16 at 03:20 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Funkthepunk View Post
    Do you really need an excuse for removing glyph of purge? It's too strong at the moment. Dispel magic was very strong in Tbc even when there existed tons of trash buffs and debuffs in comparison to now, some specs had a baseline 20 or 30% dispel resistance, and buffs that stacked had to be removed seperately.
    So, if there are so many trash buffs, what's the point of purge? You won't be able to dispel what you need in time.
    You can't just justify purge being OP based on less trash buffs, it doesn't make sense. It's made for removing buffs.

Resistances removed all together. If I can't resist any other spell, why would purge be any different?

There is absolutely no choice in a offensive dispeller's playstyle if he can remove 2 buffs in 1 gcd when there are so few current trash buffs.

Oh, my target has 1 power word: fortitude, 1 mark of the wild, 1 arcane intellect, 1 ice barrier, 1 power word: shield, 1 renew, 1 prayer of mending, 1 rejuv and 1 icy veins buff, 2 stacks of fingers of frost (counts as 1 buff). Let me press my purge 5 times now to remove 15% of max hp, 1 big cooldown, 2 procs, 15% damage output and like 250k effective healing on the target.
    Now I can continue to press my purge throughout the fight and I am ensured to remove any majr cooldowns and procs as well as important cooldowns and absorbs/HoTs (removing 120k-180k effective healing in 1 spamable gcd is not fair no matter how you try to put it).
    Yeah, you also lost more than half of your mana.
    Not to mention most of the stuff purged can easily be buffed again, while it is not that easy to get the mana back. (Even for Enh with mobility issues)

If you didn't understand my point I can put it in a different way. Glyph of purge needs to go. It is too powerful in the current state of the game. If glyph of purge has to be balanced, other dispel mechanics has to be brought up accordingly, as well as adding trash buffs and dispel resistance back to the game. If you don't understand this then you really have little to no knowledge about PvP mechanics in wow.
    If I don't understand "this", it simply means I don't agree with you, because you are showing no convincable reasons for your nerf cry.
    Last edited by Mithgroth; 2012-11-16 at 01:23 PM.

Deleted
    Mass dispel can dispel up to 10 buffs offensively in a single GCD while dispelling all magic debuffs in the same AoE, Purge is 1+1.
    Mass dispel can dispel Ice Block and Divine Shield, Purge cannot.
    Mass dispel (13%) is cheaper than Purge (16.4%). *according to wowhead, too lazy to check myself
    Mass dispel is 40k mana. I am absolutely sure that purge doesn's scale in mana when speccing from enhancement to any other spec, hence mass dispel is being much more costly in terms of mana. And even then both shadow priests and discipline priests are having the worst mana issues out of all specs in PvP. Spamming this on cooldown will make you ineffectively in the long run.
    Mass dispel only dispels 1 buff per target, making it worse for single target, and even then you rarely hit more than 1 or 2 targets at the same time in arena.
    Mass dispel has a 15 second cooldown.
    Mass dispel has a cast time, and is an aoe effect, making it much more difficult to get through.
    Mass dispel also dispels random debuffs on target, making it really shit against affliction warlocks and shadow priests.

I don't know anyone who is using this spell to dispel regular buffs in arena. That is a complete waste of mana and cooldown.
    Yes, MD is superior.
    You are happy with all offensive dispels even they are superior or inferior, but Purge has to go? Just because you said so without any reasons?
    What is your cause behind all this than damaging Shaman furthermore?
    No. Mass dispel is not superior. I don't know where you are getting this from. Glyph of purge is broken. Resto shamans are really good right now. The best out of all healers, by far even. Purge is broken, tremor totem is broken, totemic restoration is broken, and shaman survivability while interrupted is broken. I didn't ask for the totem change, but I think it would be great if Blizzard carried it through, but enabled spirit link totem to be used while silenced.

If you are crying about enhancement shamans being bad, then I can inform you that enhancement shamans are actually infact the 3rd best melee currently. Bringing back that astral something from wotlk could be useful for all 3 specs. I think that would be a good change.

Demon Soul is being fixed in 5.1 I think.
    By unique class buffs, I meant spells like Wings, Ascendance and such. Short term and regular raid buffs should be dispellable, that's the whole point of offensive dispel. And really? You are complaining about your blessings getting dispelled but you are aight with your bubble being dispelled?
    It is difficult to time a big offensive dispel such as shattering throw or mass dispel. Much easier than putting up some big cooldown or important shield + another random buff to cover for it, just to see both of the buffs dispelled in one global cooldown.

If you shout loud enough Blizzard nerfs Shamans anyway, but at least for once, base it on some argueble logic.
    There is plenty of logic.

So, if there are so many trash buffs, what's the point of purge? You won't be able to dispel what you need in time.
    You can't just justify purge being OP based on less trash buffs, it doesn't make sense. It's made for removing buffs.

Resistances removed all together. If I can't resist any other spell, why would purge be any different?
    Dispel resistance and trash buffs are made to counter offensive dispelling. Previously you could spec into having a lot of trash buffs or dispel resistance. Back then you had to make a choice in wether you wanted to purge 2 or 3 times to remove that big absorb shield or major cooldown. Currently there is no choice from the shaman in wether or not to purge, because purging will always be the best, and there is nothing you can do that hinders the shaman in dispelling that 150k effective healing in a spamable global cooldown. Let me tell you something. That is broken.

Yeah, you also lost more than half of your mana.
    Not to mention most of the stuff purged can easily be buffed again, while it is not that easy to get the mana back. (Even for Enh with mobility issues)
    Enhancement regens its mana. It's far less than half the mana bar of an elemental shaman or restoration shaman. I don't have an enhancement shaman myself, but are you really starving yourself for mana, assuming you don't hardcast heals?

If I don't understand "this", it simply means I don't agree with you, because you are showing no convincable reasons for your nerf cry.
    There is plenty of reason. There is no way to counter it, and restoration shamans bring too much offensive if they are able to deal 120k-150k effective damage in a global cooldown as a healing spec. Honestly enhancement shamans and elemental shamans can keep glyph of purge, though I believe that enhancement shamans have too many free global cooldowns for purge to have any serious trade off.

And I don't cry for nerfs. I am merely agreeing on what most competetive PvPers think is a broken design.
    Last edited by mmoca20fa69a21; 2012-11-16 at 03:32 PM.

Deleted
    Amen to that <3