Poll: Nerf Flight form or Buff reg mounts

Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Don't like it? Roll a druid. Each class has it's own uniqueness, take that away and we might as well have a combat system like Runescape (not the new update combat thingy; and no Im not hating on runescape, just saying).

Quote Originally Posted by parkerlynne View Post
    You can pry my insta flightform and herbing from my cold dead wings unless you're going to give me each unique thing that other classes have.
    herbs are fine quest items are not

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    Yet warriors can't so sh*t
    You can jump off cliffs etc and use Heroic Leap to avoid any damage.

The absolutely stupid idea of "granting every class every type of ability, every type of advantage equally" is utterly stupid and should be burned in hell.

Why dont we create just one type of class then? Or even one type of spec, or even one type of race?

Why stop at flight form of druids?

Quote Originally Posted by Draqson View Post
    well I think a druid should'nt be able to gather nodes while in flight form...
    everything that can be done with talons is ok...
    Good thing we can't Mine ore in flight form then Or my talons would be a mess!
    So herbing is fine, because I reckon a bird can pick up flowers and branches easily enough.

I am a Druid she is my main has been forever, she doesn't have a gathering proff, she is Enchanting and Jewelcrafting. However I have 2 more Druids and those both have herbing, and one has herbing and mining. I honestly don't see the fuss, we can only pick herbs in flight form, we drop out for mining.

Most quest objectives these days can be interacted with for anyone actually being mounted. As others have said, it's nice that each class has their own unique perks, It would make for a dull game if we were all a copy paste of one another. I'd love to have portals to every city! So I made a mage. I love shammies waterwalking buff , I made a shaman. Paladins uber fast crusader aura, great for gathering, so i also made a paladin gatherer.

If I could do all of that on one toon, then I would have no reason to really play other classes, and thats a shame.

(not that i only roll classes because of things like portals or water walking.. but you get the point i hope)

Deleted
    Leave it like this.
    And : only herba is concern, OP certainly don't have ever play drood.

I don't care so much about the gathering nodes, mining and herbing. Like Mineko posted, roll a druid for gathering stuff. I just really hate to see a druid in flight form swoop in and take every daily quest item that I'm fighting 5 Hozen for.

Quote Originally Posted by Eskobar View Post
    People that level druid alts because they think they gather faster are wrong anyway so who cares about druids. Paladins and DKs having a mount speed boost make them much faster.
    Not at all true. Perhaps if there was significant travel time between nodes, but that's not the case. Resources in Pandaria especially are plentiful to the point of excess. Stopping to mount up for 1.5 seconds every 5 seconds is going to hurt your gathering time significantly more than being without a 20% speed boost.

Druids also have the advantage that they can gather resources that would put them in combat, without actually having to deal with mobs. Non-Druids would have to kill the mob before taking off again. More time lost.

That said, it's a class perk. If you feel cheated, roll your own Druid.

Lame question, lame poll. If you have a problem with it, play a druid. I main shaman, I have a druid but it annoys the crap out of me so I never play, and I have no desire to have anything like that on my shaman. Deal with it.

Shammies have an extra hearthstone, Mages can teleport and create food, Warlocks and hunters have their own tanks, where is your whining about having to share that? This is whining to create further homogenization, it's these little differences that differentiate the classes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Leave it as is.

If druids want to have a gathering profession, they need to forgo being min/maxed with bonuses from other professions in order to do so.

Also, monks who glyph zen flight can interact with things on the ground without having to leave that as well, plus they can mount up while in zen flight.

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Your statement required a lot of fixes.

You can't fix what I noticed and laughed at, sorry. Keep trying, though.
    I've changed my mind. I want a permanent, instant-cast broom mount. Druids can keep the other advantages.

Quote Originally Posted by Poshadin View Post
    So just curious what MMO overall feel on this is. I know most none druids hate the fact druids can interact with anything on the ground without being removed from flight form, while the rest of us have to demount to do anything. From mining, herbing, to quest items. And the druids love it. Can't say I blame them, if my main was a druid I'd love it too.

So question is what would be best?

A. Leave it as is.
    B. Remove druids from flightform when interacting with objects on the ground. (Gathering nodes or quest items)
    C. Let every other class interact with objects on the ground without the need to dismount.
    What class do you play? We'll start there.

Deleted
    I am so f***ing tired of ppl wanting to even out everything in this game.. at some point there is nothing unique to the class, might as well make one class and one race.. Jebus!

Quote Originally Posted by Voice of Reason View Post
    Not at all true. Perhaps if there was significant travel time between nodes, but that's not the case. Resources in Pandaria especially are plentiful to the point of excess. Stopping to mount up for 1.5 seconds every 5 seconds is going to hurt your gathering time significantly more than being without a 20% speed boost.

Druids also have the advantage that they can gather resources that would put them in combat, without actually having to deal with mobs. Non-Druids would have to kill the mob before taking off again. More time lost.

That said, it's a class perk. If you feel cheated, roll your own Druid.
    Not always the case, if a node is surrounded by mobs there is always the chance they aggro before you finish your gathering, which interrupts you, you may not be dismounted, but it just means, you either
    A. stop and fight the mobs and chance that someone else will come and take the node (which is fair enough)
    B.keep trying to gather and hope the mobs don't interrupt you (can take a while not so bad at lower level mobs as they miss but certainly not in pandaria)
    C.Leave the node and Move on to the next!
    D.If your a nelf you can shadowmeld which can give time for aggro to reset while you quickly gather it (shadowmeld has a CD though)

All in all there are pros and cons, I think it should be left as it is, I don't see it as a huge advantage over other classes with different abilities.

Quote Originally Posted by Haarvald View Post
    What class do you play? We'll start there.
    It's obvious from what I said I am not a druid.

druids are the most entitled class I've ever seen.

>only 1 item set for dps/tank or caster/healer
    >FOUR specs just for them
    >insane unsnareable unmounted 200% speed
    >insta cast flight mount with the ability to gather and use any action without dismounting

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fluttershy View Post

>insta cast flight mount with the ability to gather and use any action without dismounting
    Pretty sure I never saw anyone ask for feral to be split. And I'm not exactly sure how other people complaining about flight form makes druids entitled. Maybe you should look that word up, you don't seem to know what it means. And you can't "use any action without dismounting" hearthing cancels flight form as does using just about any item and using any spell.

Deleted
    i wouldnt remove it, but considering all the QQ this always has given i dont mind if they made flightform auto cancel when herbing and such.

Quote Originally Posted by Fluttershy View Post

Entitled? I'm sorry but I didn't design the Druid nor did I ask for a fourth spec, nor that the mechanics of flight form are how they are. Blizzard gave us these, I started palying my Druid before we even had flight. Before a 4th spec, hell before most of the Druid specs were even *viable* I played a Druid not because I could gather herbs easier, I played it because I thought the idea of switching forms was cool, and the whole idea of a Druid as a protector of nature!

So no, entitled I don't think so.

Quote Originally Posted by parkerlynne View Post
    You can pry my insta flightform and herbing from my cold dead wings unless you're going to give me each unique thing that other classes have.
    This would be my position if I was a druid.