Page 1 of 3
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #1

    I dont understand how anybody gets gold solo

    Honestly, you always...ALWAYS have one person on your team responsible for being terrible or feeding. I win maybe 1 or 2 games, lose 1-3. You never get anywhere.

    I've tried all lanes and I'm not superior in all but I play an exceptional mid/adc. I've tried duo queue & working with my partner on jungle/mid/top/bot. Works fine til someone in another lane feeds to hell. Its terrible, I even coordinate a good team comp, which one is popular atm orianna+dianna+nunu. Why? Nunu never gets interrupted and 3+ people usually take his ult. But hey, that doesn't stop the other team from having a fed damage.

    Its dumb, I hate it.

    I just don't understand how anybody does it. I've even contemplated on doing cho'gath/taric bot so that the adc can't get fed. Or panth/taric bot.

    But yet again, another lane will get fed.

    How do you get out? Explain

    My summoner name is Believeinsteve

    There is one game on there that looks shit and thats the zyra game. Everybody begged me to go support zyra and I did. Had it no been for us getting camped bot we'd been fine.

    Your secrets please? Champs/lanes/strats.

  2. #2
    Moderator Axethor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Elchea Library
    Posts
    3,498
    Play a champ that can either carry hard, or completely change the flow of a game. Those champs that are on pick or ban status? Get good at any of them and try to get them each game instead of banning them. A little conversation can go a long way, and if your first pick is cooperative you can trade down easily.

    As for specific champs, unless you really get screwed, jungle Darius is free ELO. Same for Shen, both top lane and in the jungle. Any moron understands a Blitz pull means murder that guy. Malphite can break a mostly AD team. Alistair intiates are another good way to get your team to do things. Skarner pull is like a blitz pull.

    I personally think jungler and a roaming mid are the best way to win. You effect more than just your lane and can help them snowball.

    Axethor - level 90 UH/Blood DK
    Raelof - level 90 BM Hunter

    Steam | Twitter

    LoL Forum Mod | General Forum FAQ

  3. #3
    Yet again another loss, any other advice would be great

  4. #4
    Bloodsail Admiral Goatfish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    The Stars
    Posts
    1,009
    To be fair, solo queue is mostly a joke, and pretending it shows your real elo is rather naive. Case in point, I can't break 1300 in solo queue, but hit 1650 in 5's. Having even the slightest bit of teamwork does wonders, and for some reason I can never get the solo teams that want to work together because of everyone spreading this "You have to carry everything yourself" crap.

  5. #5
    Banned This name sucks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    A basement in Canada
    Posts
    2,726
    http://i.imgur.com/SKsxm.jpg

    You're not trying hard enough.

    And if you call bullshit check my lolking link in my sig, elo hell is pretty much non existant.
    Last edited by This name sucks; 2012-11-19 at 04:35 AM.

  6. #6
    not everyone can do great in everygame, play fotm champs and hyper carrys (diana vayne graves darius etc)

  7. #7
    Bloodsail Admiral Goatfish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    The Stars
    Posts
    1,009
    Quote Originally Posted by Methanar View Post
    You're not trying hard enough.

    And if you call bullshit check my lolking link in my sig, elo hell is pretty much non existant.
    And if I am looking right, it seems you are showing off a win streak with Diana shortly after her release when she was incredibly broken. I also notice in your profile an incredible lack of honorable opponents, or teamwork oriented 'points'. Which means you either have barely played since the system was put in, or you're a giant douche to play with, which sort of fits the fotm type of player.

    I mean I talk a bit of shit in a bunch of my games and only play 1-3 a night and have far and away more honorables, teamworks, etc. Though who knows, maybe I just need to roll the dice enough times and play 800 ranked solo a season to suffer my way up to a ranking so I can talk shit. Instead of doing ranked teams so I can actually prove that I know how to play instead of just playing whatever is broken at the time. God forbid I can play what I enjoy and am good with to portray teamwork instead of relying on broken mechanics to 'carry' the game.

    Elo hell does exist to a degree, there are games even pros can't carry on their own. Some folks don't have the time or patience to play 500+ ranked games a season to try and cut down the RNG a bit and get where they 'might' belong. In that sense elo hell is definitely real. Playing ranked team you pretty much know your elo after 50-100 games, because of the random nature of solo queue it's possible to get stuck in a rut for 50-100 games if your luck is bad enough.

  8. #8
    Banned This name sucks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    A basement in Canada
    Posts
    2,726
    Quote Originally Posted by Axethor View Post
    Play a champ that can either carry hard, or completely change the flow of a game. Those champs that are on pick or ban status? Get good at any of them and try to get them each game instead of banning them. A little conversation can go a long way, and if your first pick is cooperative you can trade down easily.

    As for specific champs, unless you really get screwed, jungle Darius is free ELO. Same for Shen, both top lane and in the jungle. Any moron understands a Blitz pull means murder that guy. Malphite can break a mostly AD team. Alistair intiates are another good way to get your team to do things. Skarner pull is like a blitz pull.

    I personally think jungler and a roaming mid are the best way to win. You effect more than just your lane and can help them snowball.
    Roaming mid is how I went from 1100 on a shit account to 1900 in about 2 months, its about the best thing you can possibly do. Just rape your lane and take enemy wraiths at every opportunity, as well as your own, ward the enemy jungle right here http://i.imgur.com/mFSdH.png and steal it.

    Go through the enemy jungle to bot lane and do your best in general to win every lane.




    Skarner is a horrible champion too, mana reliant jungle with a weak 1v1. His ult becomes instantly worthless if the enemy ad buys a qss. No real long range poke.

    The enemy team deserves to lose they stacked ad after letting you get malphite.

    ---------- Post added 2012-11-19 at 04:52 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Goatfish View Post
    And if I am looking right, it seems you are showing off a win streak with Diana shortly after her release when she was incredibly broken. I also notice in your profile an incredible lack of honorable opponents, or teamwork oriented 'points'. Which means you either have barely played since the system was put in, or you're a giant douche to play with, which sort of fits the fotm type of player.

    I mean I talk a bit of shit in a bunch of my games and only play 1-3 a night and have far and away more honorables, teamworks, etc. Though who knows, maybe I just need to roll the dice enough times and play 800 ranked solo a season to suffer my way up to a ranking so I can talk shit. Instead of doing ranked teams so I can actually prove that I know how to play instead of just playing whatever is broken at the time instead of what I enjoy and am good with to portray teamwork.

    Elo hell does exist to a degree, there are games even pros can't carry on their own. Some folks don't have the time or patience to play 500+ ranked games a season to try and cut down the RNG a bit and get where they 'might' belong. In that sense elo hell is definitely real. Playing ranked team you pretty much know your elo after 50-100 games, because of the random nature of solo queue it's possible to get stuck in a rut for 50-100 games if your luck is bad enough.
    I am infact a giant douche, the reason I had to drag this account from 1100 was because my original was banned and I bought some kid's for like $25.

    This picture was taken after the nerfs, before them I was 20/1 pretty much every game no matter what.

    And if you checked my lolking you can see I still have games like that as recent as yesterday.

    Also, that picture doesn't just have "OP diana" unless you're telling me malz and fizz are op too.
    Last edited by This name sucks; 2012-11-19 at 05:01 AM.

  9. #9
    Bloodsail Admiral Goatfish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    The Stars
    Posts
    1,009
    Quote Originally Posted by Methanar View Post
    I am infact a giant douche, the reason I had to drag this account from 1100 was because my original was banned and I bought some kid's for like $25.

    This picture was taken after the nerfs, before them I was 20/1 pretty much every game no matter what.

    And if you checked my lolking you can see I still have games like that as recent as yesterday.
    And I've had solo queue games dicking around as Renekton where I end up 16-2-10. I've also had games on one of my best champions, Ziggs, where I stomp my lane opponent in cs and kills, gank bottom a couple times, and then their team actually groups up and uses teamwork to stomp us because our bot is too worried about getting cs bottom and our jungler is underfed since he built no gp5 and wanted to farm the jungle all game instead of gank, the lovely 10-3-5 score losses. I've had games as Malzahar who I generally end up at least 3-1 KDA on that I end up 3-10-2 with crap for CS because our top lane jax decides he wants to troll and follow me everywhere all game burning abilities to take creep and blues but runs off whenever I engage the enemy.

    There are always bad games, and the consistency you get them at, especially during placement matches, largely affects your solo queue elo if you are someone like me who might do 150 solo queue per season. On the other hand it's possible to get lucky and play against those teams, having the jungler who assists you in lane, or the laners who actually notice and help you when you duel in the jungle. It's just as possible to get one as it is the other.

    PS: I think I speak for a good majority of players when I state that I would rather play with a 1400 nice guy than a 1900 D-bag, especially since the nice guy will be far more willing to use teamwork than try and steal everything for themselves and just 'clean up' fights.

  10. #10
    Banned This name sucks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    A basement in Canada
    Posts
    2,726
    Quote Originally Posted by Goatfish View Post
    And I've had solo queue games dicking around as Renekton where I end up 16-2-10. I've also had games on one of my best champions, Ziggs, where I stomp my lane opponent in cs and kills, gank bottom a couple times, and then their team actually groups up and uses teamwork to stomp us because our bot is too worried about getting cs bottom and our jungler is underfed since he built no gp5 and wanted to farm the jungle all game instead of gank, the lovely 10-3-5 score losses. I've had games as Malzahar who I generally end up at least 3-1 KDA on that I end up 3-10-2 with crap for CS because our top lane jax decides he wants to troll and follow me everywhere all game burning abilities to take creep and blues but runs off whenever I engage the enemy.

    There are always bad games, and the consistency you get them at, especially during placement matches, largely affects your solo queue elo if you are someone like me who might do 150 solo queue per season. On the other hand it's possible to get lucky and play against those teams, having the jungler who assists you in lane, or the laners who actually notice and help you when you duel in the jungle. It's just as possible to get one as it is the other.

    PS: I think I speak for a good majority of players when I state that I would rather play with a 1400 nice guy than a 1900 D-bag, especially since the nice guy will be far more willing to use teamwork than try and steal everything for themselves and just 'clean up' fights.
    He won't be 1900 if he does nothing but cleans up because frankly when carrying your way through "elo hell" you need to do literally everything yourself, ward baron, ward enemy jungle, counter gank, invade enemy jungle, gank for real, focus the enemy ad carry. Fully expect your own team to fuck you at every possible opportunity, because they will. When I roam down to bot lane I rely on my team not being complete shit and standing there afk when I charge in. At the very least early on before I can still instakilling things with 0 mr.

    http://i.imgur.com/tafz2.png Here is a good reason why you play a roaming mid and not a static stay mid and win your own lane/harass enemy jungler. I got my good account banned a few weeks after this was taken.
    Last edited by This name sucks; 2012-11-19 at 05:23 AM.

  11. #11
    You can only do so much until the other lanes feed. You think I'm joking? Queue with me, watch the world fall apart beneath your eyes. Even someone else says breaking 1300 elo is hell. But yet 5v5 "somewhat" easy with teamwork. I've tried riven top/jungle. I've tried countering other champs, even darius jungle/top, adc, insane cc champs like shen/naut/morg/annie but I can never break it. Always someone else on the team that refuses to play togther/well & just feed.

    There has to be another way, has to be. I'm not even joking, getting people to do teamwork is impossible below 1500 I imagine. I'm not joking, there has to be another way people are breaking 1250 let alone 1500

  12. #12
    Banned This name sucks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    A basement in Canada
    Posts
    2,726
    Quote Originally Posted by Angarin View Post
    You can only do so much until the other lanes feed. You think I'm joking? Queue with me, watch the world fall apart beneath your eyes. Even someone else says breaking 1300 elo is hell. But yet 5v5 "somewhat" easy with teamwork. I've tried riven top/jungle. I've tried countering other champs, even darius jungle/top, adc, insane cc champs like shen/naut/morg/annie but I can never break it. Always someone else on the team that refuses to play togther/well & just feed.

    There has to be another way, has to be. I'm not even joking, getting people to do teamwork is impossible below 1500 I imagine. I'm not joking, there has to be another way people are breaking 1250 let alone 1500
    16 minutes ago you were 0/7/ with riven. You also took heal with graves.

    Pretty sure you're exactly where you belong.

  13. #13
    Wow your really going to go there? Top fed, wards everywhere, mid always over pushed, top always over pushed, bot was ungankable with 3 wards (1 drag, 1 in bushes & 1 beside that)

    Do you do anything but be an ass? Please leave the thread, your help is no longer welcome here

    Jarvan also built leviathan & sword of the occulut, we attempted to focus vayne, j4 ulted the team. Attempted to focus j4, vayne bursted everybody down.

    Like I said, it only takes one person to ruin the game

  14. #14
    I guess I must have gotten lucky when I got gold this past season. I played Taric almost every single game and won a large majority of games as him. I also won a lot of my placement matches which meant I got to skip a lot of time in the 1200s. I just played him as an aggressive zoning support to starve the enemy carry and try to feed my own. I was entirely on my own for most of those games too, only one or two were duo queued. I also tried to act positively all of the time in order to help boost morale on the team.

    I don't know what you can do other than refine your own skills and try to inspire your team to play better without any aggression toward them.

  15. #15
    Banned This name sucks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    A basement in Canada
    Posts
    2,726
    So let me get this straight, you guys got wreaked by a jarvan/vayne because you were 0/7. You blamed your team. And then made a pity thread begging for attention and got mad when I pointed out your scores and what you should be doing?

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Deoxysprime View Post
    I guess I must have gotten lucky when I got gold this past season. I played Taric almost every single game and won a large majority of games as him. I also won a lot of my placement matches which meant I got to skip a lot of time in the 1200s. I just played him as an aggressive zoning support to starve the enemy carry and try to feed my own. I was entirely on my own for most of those games too, only one or two were duo queued. I also tried to act positively all of the time in order to help boost morale on the team.

    I don't know what you can do other than refine your own skills and try to inspire your team to play better without any aggression toward them.
    This is what I try to do when I'm stuck with support, but the adc usually isn't exactly spectacular.

    ---------- Post added 2012-11-18 at 10:38 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Methanar View Post
    So let me get this straight, you guys got wreaked by a jarvan/vayne because you were 0/7. You blamed your team. And then made a pity thread begging for attention and got mad when I pointed out your scores and what you should be doing?
    Last warning, please leave this thread. Not only are you wrong but your begging for attention just as much as you think I was. Isn't every thread begging for attention.

    Leave, I don't want to report you for the third time.

  17. #17
    Banned This name sucks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    A basement in Canada
    Posts
    2,726
    So me telling you what to do with pictures as proof that im not some shit kid who is making up stuff is now begging for attention. Funny how your toned changed from woe-is-me to suddenly being so defensive when someone calls you out on being 0/7 in the exact game you said you were doing everything you could in.

    But hey, maybe you weren't lying, maybe 0/7 really is the greatest you could hope to achieve.
    Last edited by This name sucks; 2012-11-19 at 05:46 AM.

  18. #18
    Solo queue isn't about getting kills (although they obviously help), it's about making a meaningful impact in the game. You say another lane is feeding? Go help them before the enemy in that lane gets too many kills, coordinate with your jungler and counter gank their jungler when he comes to gank the lane etc.

    If you think, "hurr durr I'm better than this elo hell elo hell elo hell", you wont get better. If you actually start playing better your elo WILL increase. If you have to, ward mid. LEAVE YOUR LANE, even just to bully another lane then return to your own. Solo Queue isn't the exact same as premades, don't treat them like everyone will do their part perfectly.

  19. #19
    Moderator Isrozzis's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    The land of too much heat
    Posts
    3,241
    Mod warning: Post constructively or don't post at all. Both of you need to tone it down.

    OT: Wards win games. That's pretty much my first piece of advice. Win your lane so you can let your jungler go somewhere else, and try to draw theirs towards your lane. At which point they will be spotted by wards and you can get away easily.

    Also if you have the mentality that you belong out of elo hell without really doing anything to get out of it, then you aren't going to get out of it. Once you've played around 100 games or so, you should start to settle in to where you're supposed to be. Sometimes you do get bad teams, but you have to ask yourself, what did I do this game to make it better. Also, some of your builds are kinda wrong. CDR boots on ez is a mistake, you should have AS boots.

    The first thing that needs to change if you want to climb the ladder is your attitude. If you have a defensive attitude where you are inclined to say x on my team did y, so we lost, then you are never going to realize when it is your mistake. Obviously not every mistake is your mistake, but you will make a lot. And if you don't realize you are making mistakes, or you are telling yourself that you aren't making mistakes then you are just going to repeat them. The end result of that is stagnation or dropping down the ladder.

    Other than trying to improve your game play, I have two tips. Watch some streams, and if you start losing stop playing. Wingsofdeath and Scarra are both streamers that have excellent commentary about the game. Scarra doesn't stream much, but wings does a lot. As for the second part, if you go into a game mad or something you are much more likely to play recklessly. Sometimes the extra aggression will pay off and you'll get a kill then snowball your lane or something, but usually it results in ill thought out attacks that do the opposite.

    So, good luck.

  20. #20
    you just have to keep getting better. The only reason people climb elo in solo que is because they are getting better, not because of their team mates.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •