1. #1
    The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    England
    Posts
    3,361

    Google Chrome no sound:(

    So, for the past week or so i've no sound while using Chrome, ( Version 23.0.1271.64 m), if i open IE (urgh) i get sound, and everywhere else is fine,
    The only "fix" i found online was people saying to plugins and disable Flash players untill you one active, i only have one there (Adobe Flash Player - Version: 11.5.31.2 Shockwave Flash 11.5 r31)

    I'm at my wits end with this lol, And would love it if i could get some assistance

  2. #2
    Mechagnome Echohunter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Alabama, US
    Posts
    699
    It seems happens when you change your outbound or "playback" sound, from say, a headset to speakers. Simply closing/restarting chrome should solve it until they get a real fix in with an update. If you're worried about losing your tabs just go to settings and "On Startup" select "continue where I left off".

  3. #3
    High Overlord
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    162
    Download Mozilla Firefox, problem Solved.

  4. #4
    Go to Device Menager, delete sound card driver, reinstall.
    Fixed mine.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Echohunter View Post
    It seems happens when you change your outbound or "playback" sound, from say, a headset to speakers. Simply closing/restarting chrome should solve it until they get a real fix in with an update. If you're worried about losing your tabs just go to settings and "On Startup" select "continue where I left off".
    So they are aware of this problem? It only started a few days ago on my pc, and I didn't update anything.

  6. #6
    The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    England
    Posts
    3,361
    Quote Originally Posted by Echohunter View Post
    It seems happens when you change your outbound or "playback" sound, from say, a headset to speakers. Simply closing/restarting chrome should solve it until they get a real fix in with an update. If you're worried about losing your tabs just go to settings and "On Startup" select "continue where I left off".
    Tried this with no luck=/ It's starting to really annoy me, I've tried updating drivers, reinstalling Chrome the usual stuff, but nothing yet:S

  7. #7
    Type chromelugins in the address bar and click details.
    Disable pepflashplayer.dll and leave other other flash plugin as is. Have to do this nearly every time chrome updates.

  8. #8
    The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    England
    Posts
    3,361
    Quote Originally Posted by ZenTaurus View Post
    Go to Device Menager, delete sound card driver, reinstall.
    Fixed mine.
    Tried this also, nothing

    ---------- Post added 2012-11-17 at 11:09 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Khazzaddum View Post
    Type chromelugins in the address bar and click details.
    Disable pepflashplayer.dll and leave other other flash plugin as is. Have to do this nearly every time chrome updates.
    I did this, and i only had one Flash Player there, so disabling it meant i couldn't play any videos, so i downloaded the new version, and i have sound

    You sir/Madam, are a God <3 Thankyou so much

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •