Page 15 of 36 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    Do they even sell for under 200k? Or 350k? The SS's I've seen generally place them out of reach for free (and I think premium) players.
    They will have to if they want them to sell.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

I have been messing around with F2P MMOs for about 2 years now.

Everything from LotRO to Vanguard to STO.

SWTOR is the worst f2p MMO to date, which was previously held by Age of Conan. The nickel and dime bullplop is beyond ridiculous, even for returning players. I dropped $60 into the box, another $60 on subs have several characters and 1 top level warlord geared toon. The fact that they cut out stuff that you had access to and rely on and are basically standard is crazy.

The UI was the straw that broke the camel's back. You have to basically "rent a UI" with a sub or buy it out right. That is preposterous.

The best run f2p MMO's are LotRO, DCUO and STO.

LotRO does the premium MMO correctly. Yes it has high restrictions, but you can play the game and buy stuff from the store with in game currency to circumvent the restrictions. They just made it easier if you purchased it with real money.

DCUO and STO on the other hand give you practically everything at your disposal except end game stuff. These two games have almost no restrictions and make their money through cosmetic stuff and "DLC".

SWTOR gets an F- on it's f2p implementation.

No customer service for F2P players...

Increased re-speccing costs...?

Can't send mail...

Restrictions to chat?

No bank?

FIVE warzones a week?

LIMITED FREAKING UI?

Okay, I'm not going to continue looking.

No.

Just no. Fuck off Bioware. This is ridiculous, a fucking TRAVESTY. I refuse to add one single damn digit to the number of people who have played this game since F2P with this absolutely TRAVESTY of a F2P model.
    "English doesn't so much borrow words from other languages as follows them into a dark alley, hits them over the head and goes through their pockets for loose vocabulary."

Quote Originally Posted by Migey View Post
    No customer service for F2P players...

Increased re-speccing costs...?

Can't send mail...

Restrictions to chat?

No bank?

FIVE warzones a week?

LIMITED FREAKING UI?

Okay, I'm not going to continue looking.

No.

Just no. Fuck off Bioware. This is ridiculous, a fucking TRAVESTY. I refuse to add one single damn digit to the number of people who have played this game since F2P with this absolutely TRAVESTY of a F2P model.
    U_U

Look at "preferred" account status.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    It is most certainly both. Not to mention that you can't even equip artifact (purple gear) without paying for it...so at some point you get practically nothing out of the system.
    Just finished one fp without rolling on loot and it still says 3/3. Maybe its just a loot lock. Will see if i do more fp's
    It's coming in 1.2!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Do they even sell for under 200k? Or 350k? The SS's I've seen generally place them out of reach for free (and I think premium) players.
    Those are the same people trying to sell a mask for 20 million or a crystal for 2 billion. I know on my server the unlocks are beginning to decrease in price once people realize they won't be able to sell it otherwise.

---------- Post added 2012-11-19 at 05:10 PM ----------

Until recently (when they backtracked a bit), GW2 has never purported to have a traditional endgame. That's been one of their selling points.

And your anecdotal experience of one person = game going downhill?
    My comment quoted someone stating that GW2 has more endgame, etc. I wasn't trying to state that they were trying to follow the traditional route

Quote Originally Posted by hk-51 View Post
    U_U

Actually other than the bank and mail, pretty much is the same for preferred status.

SWTOR's version of f2p is hot garbage.

U_U

No.

I will not even entertain the idea of paying a single penny for a game which will shit on me unless I do so.

Edit: Out of curiosity, is that 5 Warzones a week account wide or per character?

I'm guessing account wide.
    "English doesn't so much borrow words from other languages as follows them into a dark alley, hits them over the head and goes through their pockets for loose vocabulary."

Also another lovely tidbit....

Even if your crafting is up to 400 in all three of your profession, you can only select 2 to activate under preferred status.

Quote Originally Posted by leafs43 View Post
    Also another lovely tidbit....

Even if your crafting is up to 400 in all three of your profession, you can only select 2 to activate under preferred status.
    You only need 2.

You only need 2.
    Restricted currency cap, the only way to get some supplies would be through crafting missions, which you cannot access now.

Deleted
    You can lift most them by being a preferred status player or you could just buy the unlocks on the AH with in game currency.
    Nah. I'm preferred status and there's only small differences. All of the shitty restrictions are still there for preferred status players.

Deleted
    Should just take the League of Legends free to play model. You start playing that game, you can do pretty much all you want, you never HAVE to buy anything to enjoy and play the game, yet most people end up buying stuff anyway, because it's fun, and (for some people) also because they feel like they "owe" riot to pay something for giving us a free game like that to play.

Quote Originally Posted by Dutchmagoz View Post
    Should just take the League of Legends free to play model. You start playing that game, you can do pretty much all you want, you never HAVE to buy anything to enjoy and play the game, yet most people end up buying stuff anyway, because it's fun, and (for some people) also because they feel like they "owe" riot to pay something for giving us a free game like that to play.

They should have just followed DCUO's example. Give pretty much the entire game for free with some restrictions, make end game content like "DLC" and start pumping out end game stuff.

SWTOR doesn't have enough content or cosmetic things to be like LotRO. SWTOR is linear where LotRO you can take multiple paths to level so SWTOR would fail at LotRO style quest packs.

Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    Nah. I'm preferred status and there's only small differences. All of the shitty restrictions are still there for preferred status players.
    No what I mean is you can buy unlocks from other players.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mirodin View Post
    Just finished one fp without rolling on loot and it still says 3/3. Maybe its just a loot lock. Will see if i do more fp's
    I meant that you get a limit to the number of FPs you can do a week and you also get a number of loot rolls to win a week. If you win 3 items you get no more items. So don't roll on anything you don't actually need.

As with most "free to play" games, it's really "Free to try".

You always have to pay to play properly. This one is no different.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zillionhz View Post
    By fiber be purged

Deleted
    i wanted to play it again , but you are limited to the 2 toolbars... ?

Quote Originally Posted by Visker View Post
    i wanted to play it again , but you are limited to the 2 toolbars... ?
    Unless you drop $10 on the game, you are limited to 2 bars.

Plus, if you don;t resubscribe, they don;t give you cartel coins that they say you have earned. If you log in without a subscription and have been a previous subscriber, your cartel coin ledger reads a big fat zero.

Quote Originally Posted by leafs43 View Post
    Unless you drop $10 on the game, you are limited to 2 bars.

Plus, if you don;t resubscribe, they don;t give you cartel coins that they say you have earned. If you log in without a subscription and have been a previous subscriber, your cartel coin ledger reads a big fat zero.
    Wtf are you going on about? its a little under 2 dollars for an additional action bar.

Also, I had 1650 coins. So, what are you talking about?